FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
we win!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » we win!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: we win!

i don't think i've seen so many artisans, mules or otherwise, around until weaving and patterns came out.

so thanks for this system valla. whlie it sorta sucks for me that i'm no longer one of the only two/three artisans normally about, it's cool that the profession is something people want to be, be it because they want to use the system because its fun or they want to use the system out of spite of the ones who can. Razz

ps: and while i do find the system awesome and like that some people sincerely do want to be artisans, i do also find it pretty fucking hilarious that some characters will make artisan mules to warp/weave just for the sake of not wanting to ask an artisan to.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: we win!

I will admit, artisan was one of the last ones on my secondary account list until psionic and mage moved on down to the bottom out of sheer annoyance for the spellbooks.

25th tracker (I wanted to try one. She's awesome and I love her)
11th crat (wanted an interest earning bank account. He's kit's financial advisor)
7th trooper (Thought army life would be cool but I bored.)
12th medic (someone to heal Kit just in case...definately a mule)
9th artisan (yay for weaving even if it doesn't teach anything)
2nd performer (so confusing...so I stopped.)

Right now, Kit's pretty boring. 45th tech...with nothing techy to do but fix stuff for people that don't like him.

I like my artisan. He's a bit of an idiot savant and is involved in a very engaging RP at the moment. He's also Kit's cousin, which makes masturbation rp (playing two characters interacting together...not sexually!) very amusing.

Future plans for when I get the artisan to around 15th: merc next....though I really did want to try a psionic....I just don't have the spellbook patience.

Professions I like the best:
1. Tech
2. Bureaucrat
3. Medic
4. Artisan
Trooper is definately not for me. I think I might give my poor performer another shot though.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/

Last edited by Kit on Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject:

yeah, i stand by what i say.

i find it pretty fucking obnoxious that you can, in one breath, say artisans don't make things that are worth making when compared to what stores sell, and then you have one weaving away making shit.
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
yeah, i stand by what i say.

i find it pretty fucking obnoxious that you can, in one breath, say artisans don't make things that are worth making when compared to what stores sell, and then you have one weaving away making shit.

Right now Sully's on Echak because Zol's brother Julien tried to kill Zol and kidnapped Sully (though there was great rescue!) and they needed to run away. Sculpting is much much cooler then weaving....which is why I asked for a sculpting place on Echak. When Sully gets high enough (unless I get bored), he's going to be a strict painter. It's what he wants to do with his life.

One: You're assuming I said that. I didn't. I actually only put Kit in alterered stuff because I'm a snob like that. I like him wearing things I create/design myself. If I recall, I paid Yaru to make me a t-shirt too.

Two: You need to be level 26th to make a shirt...unless Sully gets as interesting as my tracker I probably won't be playing an artisan that long.

I play secondary characters for one reason: I like rolling new folks up.

Edit: ps...my tracker is the better tailor. Sully just weaves on occasion

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
I'd rather these more interesting shirts to tailored goods, honestly.

the thing is, though, you didn't say you prefer altered stuff, but you prefer stores selling stuff to artisans making stuff.

alterations are a whole different beast, and quite frankly even i love getting something altered. Razz

i just find it really amazing that a lot of people are rolling up artisans to just use the weaving and pattern systems. not just you, but it was more your quote on the other thread that stood out and really annoyed me.
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Eh, to each their own. To be honest, my main goal in any new secondary characters is the reallocations. I need another one for Kit....I wanna get rid of his magic.

Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject:

It's just like people rolling up crats to hold their money, or performer's for their spellsongs, or any other profession that might have something that someone wants... if Trevor didn't want us having more than one character... we'd get no more than one character, and truthfully if I want to create characters that can do different tasks for me then I'm going to do it because I'm the type of person that would rather learn to do it and have the capability to do it themselves rather than wait for someone else to do it for them.

Just my two cents.

~Jo
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Josie Laurens wrote:
It's just like people rolling up crats to hold their money, or performer's for their spellsongs, or any other profession that might have something that someone wants... if Trevor didn't want us having more than one character... we'd get no more than one character

i strongly doubt that when trevor gave us the chance to have multiple slots, he intended it for the purpose of making the game single player.

rolling up professions just so you dont have to interact or pay people who play them as their main is incredibly silly/lame.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Like Kit said... to each their own.

But to call people lame just because of their own preferences... well....

~josie
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject:

i'm prefectly in my right to find someone lame for playing a multi-player game but running around the multi-part by having their own characters constantly helping each other.

i think its downright moronic (and if not that, cheating) to do things like have a crat storing money to gain interest, a medic to revive everyone, a tech to fix everything, an artisan to tailor everything, a performer to boost everything, and so on.

it is fucking lame.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I'd agree more if HR had a higher player base. Often the entire planet is like a ghost town, usually late night American time. I do have a pet medic that can raise but he only gets brought in if someone has been screaming for a medic for awhile and nobody has responded. I have a pet tech but he hasn't been used in awhile cause there are more techs around now. Naru was an agent at first but it got tiring cause he was a combatant and I get my combat fixes with Tshar. So I reallocated him to 'crat. Sure I use him to make extra money for Tshar but I do interact with others and broker for others alot so it's not entirely selfish. I play him when I get tired of hunting.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject:

i can see the low player base arguement, but then again there are a few people who are going well beyond that and just making their own private army.
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i can see the low player base arguement, but then again there are a few people who are going well beyond that and just making their own private army.

Yaru, did you ever think that some people just really like playing different characters? My goal in this game to to have one character of every profession. Why? Because I want to see what it's like to play the other professions. Playing just one profession gets boring.

Also, it's not lame in the slightest. Just because you only have one character doesn't mean other people can't have more then one. I don't do it NOT to rely on other people. Josie helped me tailor stuff, not my tracker. Naru and Eka and Aerumna broker for me, not my crat. I usually have Kit heal himself with first aid and Dermagel. Having lots of secondaries doesn't equal single player gaming. In fact, it makes me tip more because I understand what other characters have to do that are medic primary or tracker primary or crat primary. And, if I want something done, I don't have to wait for anyhow. No broker around? Fine, call in my broker. Need a run to Jareya and no one's around? Fine, bring in my tracker. At the moment, I like playing my artisan as my main secondary because of the roleplay behind his character. Sorry if you don't approve or if you think it's lame. I pay for my second account to give me something to do when Kit's getting boring.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Just because you only have one character doesn't mean other people can't have more then one.

so, you realize i have a second character, right?

i'm not against having more than one character. i am against using them in a manner that changes the game from multi-player to single player.
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Kit wrote:
Just because you only have one character doesn't mean other people can't have more then one.

so, you realize i have a second character, right?

i'm not against having more than one character. i am against using them in a manner that changes the game from multi-player to single player.

Explain how this is possibly without all secondary characters being at least 20th-30th level.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » we win!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: