FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Weight and Encumbrance
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Weight and Encumbrance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Weight and Encumbrance

I would like a feature that will tell me how much weight i'm carrying and/ or is currently counting towards my encumbrance. For instance, if I'm X pounds from being minimally encumbered, it will tell me that and tell me I am currently carrying X amount of weight. The reason I bring this up, is because even though I increase my str/sta and have the trait that increases my carrying capacity, I don't see much improvement in the amount of weight I can carry. Is it just me or would anyone else like to see something like this?
Platinumyan
Master Plush ;(

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject:

As a young character weight is a constant monkey on Yan's back... Smile

Any knowledge that would help this situation would be welcome.

Yan

This object amazingly decreases one's Logic skill.
This object amazingly enhances one's Flaming skill.
This object considerably enhances one's Annoyance skill.

You sigh.
You say, “Great, another one.”
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Platinumyan wrote:
As a young character weight is a constant monkey on Yan's back... Smile

Any knowledge that would help this situation would be welcome.

Yan

As a not so young character weight is a constant monkey on Dzynna's back, but then, strength was never one of the 'important' things for me. I played a big, super strong, metal-incased paladin in DR. All it meant was I was called on to drag people a lot and be the 'beast of burden' for the treasure on quests.

I can't tell you how to make yourself able to carry more, since it has never been high on my list, but I can tell you how I lessen the impact of burden and keep mine at a minimum. What I do is:

1) Use a cache (I'm aware this isn't available to everyone, but 2 professions can benefit from it). Hopefully now that the put/stow verbs have been fixed, the caches can be made a little bigger? 20 lbs is pretty small when you are hunting in a remote location, and more space to store my alchemy supplies I get from hunting on Jareya/Echak would be great.
2) Carry only what you need. If you are going hunting, stash your makeup/pillow/other RP tools in your vault.
3) Pick on the spot. Don't lug boxes around with you if at all possible. If you can't pick your own boxes...ask someone who can to go hunting with you. Discard the 'junk'.
4) Sell often. Set up journeys and run to the places to sell stuff. I posted a list here of where to buy and sell things in Llanfair and Chodaku. It usually takes me 2-3 minutes max to run around selling things/dropping things in my vault and then I'm back to hunting.

I know it's not much, but it keeps me at no to low burden, even with fairly low (for my level) strength.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Get null gravity. Reduces burden to 0.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject:

personally, i'm waiting for lighten, heh
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject:

To add to Dzynna's post...also, deposit your cash. All of it. A lot of cash can considerably weigh you down and sometimes you won't even realize it's the cash that's doing it. As soon as you sell everything, deposit any and all cash.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject:

Enverdi wrote:
To add to Dzynna's post...also, deposit your cash. All of it. A lot of cash can considerably weigh you down and sometimes you won't even realize it's the cash that's doing it. As soon as you sell everything, deposit any and all cash.

You wouldn't believe how many assists we get from people saying, "Why is my burden so high?" when it is large sums of cash. It's become almost second nature to automatically check them for cash amounts first.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
You wouldn't believe how many assists we get from people saying, "Why is my burden so high?" when it is large sums of cash. It's become almost second nature to automatically check them for cash amounts first.

I did that once. Sad It seems 80k can be quite encumbering.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject:

ironically, if yaru is under minimum encumberance, that's when i'd expect there to be a bug Sad
fatboy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject:

I carry a minimum of stuff. I deposit all my cash. I'm a good boy really. I just fine myself quickly becoming encumbered. I would just like something that tells me what stage or how close I am to becoming encumbered and something to let me know how much weight is being counted towards my encumberance, clothes, armor, fluff, etc.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Just as a mention, due to mechanics considerations, lighten definitely will not exist pre-Live. It would require updating hundreds or thousands of files to implement currently.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Just as a mention, due to mechanics considerations, lighten definitely will not exist pre-Live. It would require updating hundreds or thousands of files to implement currently.

aww Sad i figured since null gravity came out, lighten would too.

so, uh, release grow. yaru needs to reduce burden magically somehow! what do you expect me to do, actually train str/vit?
fatboy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Well, one thing we had when I played EverQuest was Weight Reduction backpacks. They ranged anywhere from 5%-100% weight reduction. would something like this be possible in HR?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject:

anti-gravity attachments! Very Happy

go go gadget particle accelerator!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject:

It's not out of the question and I've considered it before, but it's not on the table at the moment.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Weight and Encumbrance
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: