Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Weaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Weaving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject:

I want to clarify what I see as some general confusion, and maybe even halt the hostility.

1) The tailoring process hasn't changed at all. Trackers still get their inherent profession bonus, and Artisans still make higher-capacity containers. The only new element in this process is the production of textiles from raw material -- an Artisan-only process; and their (not second) third ever profession-exclusive ability in two years of Beta. All three of these are no older than a couple months.

Anyone is able to tailor using the newly-woven textiles; and there's no Artisan level requirement on weaving, so nobody has to beg anybody for anything.

2) I take full responsibility for any misinterpretation of the note in the Silken Fold. I see in hindsight that I should have been clearer, and I changed it to something I hope reflects the professional nature of the ability.

3) It goes without saying that the skill names are pretty generalized and shouldn't be overanalyzed, because those skills are triple-trainable for their profession-applicable context. Artisans are able to triple-train Repair and Medics triple electronics, but it obviously doesn't qualify them to start tinkering with comm chips and gadget-fixing. Guardians and Mages aren't going to start arguing cases with triple-trained Persuasion, and it's highly unlikely Athletics and Acrobatics-trained Performers are going to go out for a gold medal in an olympic marathon.

On a similar token, I can't think of a single profession with exclusive abilities that don't possess skills that couldn't feasibly be done by someone in another field. I fix electronics (up to and including transistor and tube amplifiers, radios, etc) around the house, and, although this is a horrible example, I'm pretty confident I could shoot a firearm at someone from behind the curtains of my living room window and still maintain my anonymity. I could probably mix chemicals to make something deadly, just using general kitchen knowledge. (Note: The RL player behind Mickey Brunner neither condones nor endorses the two latter-mentioned activities.) If I -were- arrested for either of those, I could be my own attorney; albeit poorly.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
faechick
Supreme Goddess, like you have to ask.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject:

I'm sorry...i really tried to keep my thoughts on this to myself but i just can't. The GMs of this game worked their ASSES off to make this festival fun and the first two posts here are BITCHES about how it could've been better...or how they didn't like it. GET OVER IT! They work their asses off to make this game enjoyable for you...to give you new stuff to pass the time...and discover. One system comes that everyone can't use and all i can hear it...this sucks...blah blah blah. You sound ungrateful. You sound like spoiled rotten 3 year olds that couldn't get a bag of M'n'M's at the grocery store. stop. Does anyone know how to say thanks anymore. "thank you for working for months to put this together for us." "Thank you for taking time out of your everyday life to do all this special stuff for us even though you could've been working on something else." or just a simple "Thanks." it drives me nuts that so many people in this game assume that they deserve so much more...instead of seeing how much you already have.

Evil or Very Mad

I'm truely disappointed.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject:

faechick wrote:
I'm sorry...i really tried to keep my thoughts on this to myself but i just can't. The GMs of this game worked their ASSES off to make this festival fun and the first two posts here are BITCHES about how it could've been better...or how they didn't like it. GET OVER IT! They work their asses off to make this game enjoyable for you...to give you new stuff to pass the time...and discover. One system comes that everyone can't use and all i can hear it...this sucks...blah blah blah. You sound ungrateful. You sound like spoiled rotten 3 year olds that couldn't get a bag of M'n'M's at the grocery store. stop. Does anyone know how to say thanks anymore. "thank you for working for months to put this together for us." "Thank you for taking time out of your everyday life to do all this special stuff for us even though you could've been working on something else." or just a simple "Thanks." it drives me nuts that so many people in this game assume that they deserve so much more...instead of seeing how much you already have.

Evil or Very Mad

I'm truely disappointed.

Quoted for truth!

If some of you would like to continue crying large bodies of water about a system designed to set a profession apart from the rest, please let me know so I can get my snorkel and move on with my business.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
the first two posts here are BITCHES about how it could've been better

First post started off with an immediate praise to the person responsible for weaving.

Quote:
First of... kudos for the weaving, it seems like it'll be a great thing to do.

Second post was just a comment:

He then stated it was the "Artisans world renowned secret"... well if that were the case, it would have been in its only artisan only room.

Haha, good job at taking his joke aimed at disarming the situation seriously.

--William

Quote:
One system comes that everyone can't use and all i can hear it...this sucks...blah blah blah

My questioning was never about a new system, it was that it wasn't clearly explained so a few people (and I wasn't even one of them) bought the items without knowing that it was one profession only that could use that particular item. That was quickly fixed and is now quite clear to anyone buying the items. In closing here, I appreciate tremendously the effort that went into the fest and I don't believe I need to convince the GM's that did it how much I do thank them. I know they know how I feel.
faechick
Supreme Goddess, like you have to ask.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:

I wasn't commenting on your post dear...i'm sorry that you saw that as an attack against you. I was mainly commenting on Josie and Kit's posts. I should've made that clearer. Yes...she did praise the maker in the first sentence then went out to whine and complain about why she SHOULD be able to use it. And that she was so much better than the other people at tailoring...blah. Is there a reason we can't just be happy with what we get. That was the whole point of my post. And kit bitching about there not being enough darju stuff. it's the first day of the fest and I'm sure that not everything has been opened to us yet. Give it some time...damn. okay...i'm done saying my piece...and i'm sorry again for making you feel i was attacking what you were saying.[/quote]
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject:

Josie Laurens wrote:
1. Yes the sign said Artisan Weaving 101... but it didnt specifically say that the looms and weaving were for artisans only, so alot of people myself included bought the looms and skeins and thread to make fabrics. If your going to keep this artisan only it needs to have a big red sign that says, dont buy if your not artisan because we spent alot of money that is basically useless now unless we want to beg mellie or yaru to do it for us which leads to my next one...

I think the sign says enough. Artisan Weaving. It didn’t just say weaving, it clearly named a profession. Sure they could put a warning. There would still be a few problems, though. Not everyone reads signs. And spending a lot of money was your mistake, like Yaru stated, you should of bought the less expensive items first, then you could of gone back later to get the more expensive if you needed. So yeah, mistake on your part.

Yes some professions have it better than others, but that is just the way it is. When you choose your profession, you do so knowing that you won’t be as skilled in certain things as others, or that you may not be able to do the same things as others. I think all the things Yaru stated – about profession based things -- was partially sarcasm.

Josie Laurens wrote:
He also stated that he should be able to snipe then... that is tracker only granted, but tattooing is artisan only and thats fine with me, no complaints.

Snipe is also an Agent thing.

Josie Laurens wrote:
well if that were the case, it would have been in its only artisan only room.

Who says? Just because you’re pissed with it, doesn’t mean I don’t want to take a peek. This is a Darju festival after all, so lets just make it Darju-only!

Kit wrote:
I am disappointed with the Darju fest because the only thing Darju about it is one flavored oil, a bunch of girl clothes, a low back labcoat, and the games. There's nothing culturally Darju about this fest. All the new interesting things are for Artisans-only, and honestly, they shouldn't have been brought out at a Darju Zuzleme festival. Why would Darju who are celebrating a mating season have some of these tents?

I think you should wait until the festival is over before bashing it. And who are you to say what and what shouldn’t be brought out during a festival? It’s a mating season festival ... Would you rather it just be about Darju’s fucking in public? Also, there is Darju Artisans in this world and this new release may be making their day. Anyways ... festivals aren’t about shopping, they’re about celebrating something and having fun. The shopping is just a plus.

Darjuan interest in clothing consists of skins, pelts, and what not. Which means anyone with some tailoring skill and a skin can make something to a Darju’s liking. So, why make a load of stuff that probably won’t sell? Just because there wasn’t stuff to your liking, doesn’t mean shit.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject:

Apparently the sign didn't say enough for people like me. Sorry Josie, some got it and some didn't. I wouldn't have thought artisan only either, so don't feel bad. It's moot now however, as the sign has been changed.

Thank you for weaving, I watched Mellie do some, and it's very well done from this side watching.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
it's tailoring, craftsmanship, coordination, perception, and i'd assume mentality as well (those three stats being the cornerstones of most creation systems).

all of which are tracker based as well....
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject:

Any non-Artisan who contacts me via email (email only, please!) with a list of weaving related items they purchased will receive a refund.

This offer only extends for the next 48 hours, and you must still have the item in your possession.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject:

Daedalus wrote:

I think you should wait until the festival is over before bashing it. And who are you to say what and what shouldn’t be brought out during a festival? It’s a mating season festival ... Would you rather it just be about Darju’s fucking in public? Also, there is Darju Artisans in this world and this new release may be making their day. Anyways ... festivals aren’t about shopping, they’re about celebrating something and having fun. The shopping is just a plus.

Darjuan interest in clothing consists of skins, pelts, and what not. Which means anyone with some tailoring skill and a skin can make something to a Darju’s liking. So, why make a load of stuff that probably won’t sell? Just because there wasn’t stuff to your liking, doesn’t mean shit.

Bashing it would be: "Damn, this festive sucks! There is absolutely no reason for it. Everything there was stupid and unamaginative and we've seen it all a hundred time. Whoever made the fest was a moron."

Now THAT is bashing and I neither feel that way NOR said anything like that. I also worded it JUST fine (I went over it three times) but hey. The only thing anyone ever fucking reads when I post are the things the can use to lash out at me with. That's fine for you guys. I was being honest with how I felt, but obviously honesty isn't cool here. Just sucking up.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject:

Oh and um... as for a logical (or so I think) explanation for the Trackers not being able to use looms.

Tracker = Outdoors-y Old Fashiony Person.

So they probably wouldn't see a need in having something bigger than a sewing kit and most don't care for today's technology. Assuming these looms are more futuristic than your everyday loom.

Artisans on the other hand, not being all that good in combat and mainly rely on making stuff, would probably have more time to sit around mastering the skills of weaving and using a loom.

This makes three things that I know of Artisan only ... Weaving, being able to make bigger backpacks, and the tattoos.

And Trackers can cover their tracks, hide a cache, snipe, aim while in hiding, and use the stones. I may have missed a few things and yes some of those are available to Agents, too.

So, yay for Artisans getting another thing only they can use. Now all they need to be able to do is jab people's eyes out with sewing needles.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject:

Seriously if i were going to bitch about the fest i would have done alot more than i did so I'd appreciate you not saying that im bitching, thank you. NOT ONCE did i say that the fest wasnt fun or that I didnt enjoy the items for sale, or the fact that i can yank legs off of dead animals and toss em onto spikes and hear their death cries. It vastly amused me in fact.

As for the rest of it... If you even knew me, which you don't then you would know that I know exactly how hard these GMs work, that I have been here since basically the freakin creation of this game and appreciate everything these GMs do. The post that I had written was NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS GMS!!! If I were going to bitch at the GM's I woulda put their names in the post. I started my post with a big kudos to the GMs in fact.

My post was directed toward the fact that A. The sign didn't say Artisan Only so me and others bought it thinking we could use it. (that was the only GM related thing) B. The rest of my post was directed towards someone saying that tracker's aren't good enough to weave and I was proving the point that we could. And seriously I shouldn't have to defend MY feelings and be called a ranting ass or a bitch because of how I viewed things. To me that was uncalled for as well as being demanded to apologize to the GMs involved. So take it as a bitch or whine or whatever.... I said in the post that it wasnt a rant but ya'll take it the way you want to see it i guess.

~Jo
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject:

Well, the request to apologize to those that worked on this event was probably aimed toward the big stink you (and others, I know) caused over such a relatively trivial thing. Everyone involved was willing to cede the fact that the sign was a little ambiguous and maybe if you had ASSISTed instead of ranted over your communicator you might have been given a refund on the spot. I mean, really, it's not like our Counselors are unforgiving snobs that care nothing about our thoughts and concerns.

However, Trevor has stepped in and has instituted a 48 hour window for those that unwittingly purchased Artisan-only tools. So, really, the point behind this thread is pretty much covered. There's no real need to continue digging your (in the general sense, noone in particular meant) heels into the subject.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I mean, really, it's not like our Counselors are unforgiving snobs that care nothing about our thoughts and concerns.

This is not aimed at anyone specifically, but we are treated in such a way far too often, despite our good record of making attempts to accomodate our players as much as possible.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject:

Suggestion:

1. Weaving canvas could be made for paintings.

2. Dyeing skeins. This way we have colors for when the dyer goes buhbye.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Weaving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: