FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Dungeon Members Conduct...
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Dungeon » Dungeon Members Conduct...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orodreth

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Dungeon Members Conduct...

After having read all 8 pages (and continuing) of the Sex Toys thread in the General Discussion forum, I have concluded that the Dungeon is going to have to regulate its members if those members cannot self-regulate themselves.

If you are serious about being in the Dungeon then you should know that we're serious about self-esteem and mutual respect for those in the Dungeon and ALL players in the game. From this day forward I would like to make all HR Dungeon members aware of a new Dungeon policy:

- ANY SINGLE PLAYER FROM HAELRAHV that contacts me to complain about the public conduct of a Dungeon member will be given a fair hearing. Anonymous complaints will NOT be accepted. Incomplete complaints (lacking time, place, log) will NOT be accepted. Third-person circumstancial complaints will NOT be accepted. Contact me by instant messenger: velldune or by email: velldune(a)yahoo.com.

- If I receive at least THREE verifiably unique complaints about any one incident in which a Dungeon member "effectively" disrupted public order via sexual acts or sexual harassment or any other rude, abusive or abrasive activity in public, the suspect Dungeon member will be on notice to adjust their public behavior and will also be asked to make a private apology to all accusers that came forward to complain to me. I'm certain that we can all be mature enough to know the difference between a limeric on the comms versus a blatant attempt to screw with someone's sensibilities or public order in general [see Snertitude below]. This includes dancing around the burning body of a dead royal guard in Cloud Court while shouting insults at the Z'dan family. (Unless the said act is specifically used in the course of a sanctioned RP event).

- If a second incident occurs, within 1 month real-time of the first incident (remember virtual time feels a LOT longer), in which there are at least three NEW verifiable unique complaints about the second incident, the suspect Dungeon member will be EXPELLED from the Dungeon.

If you're not serious about respecting other players in public in game, then you do not belong in the Dungeon. Period. What you do to other players in private in game is only between you and that other player. To have a serious Player run Order in HR, then we need order within our Order. Snertitude will not be tolerated from newbies or oldies.

Snertitude: The professed individual drive to aggressively or passively disrupt another character or characters using in-game systems for the sole desire of selfish gain, attention mongering or revenge or the utter lack of any positive benefit.

Please note that this conduct refers to IN GAME activity IN PUBLIC. Private in game activity is your own business. PVP Harassment out of game (via email or instant messenger) is a totally different matter and tolerated even less.

Last edited by Orodreth on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Orodreth

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject:

The reason for creating a code of conduct for Dungeon members is to establish some Order within the Order, but also to head off any misperception about our members. If the general HR community is oversexed and waving sex toys around in public, I just want to make sure our group isn't contributing to that public disorder and I want the public to know they can trust us to respect them.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to get into anything re: this order or the rules, penalties and other subjects of discussion in this thread. However, organizations do need rules and I am glad to see this one has rules. I think it's a step forward for the future of orders in HR.

This is my thought on the matter whether or not I agree with the rules stated, how stiff/loose the rules are applied or the penalties in question. I'm not going to state anything in support for or against the Dungeon or its rules - it's not my place. However, I am stating my support for rules and policies within all orders.

We are going to put a strong focus behind player crafted and run organizations in Live - I think it's a valuable part of the community. Having all the aspects that make an order feel "real" including rules and purpose are important to this effort.

Now I return you to your discussion on Dungeon policy. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Orodreth

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject:

Let me be vaguely honest in the clear obfuscation about this... If you are a Dungeon member and act like an asshole (sexual harassment, or violent harassment, or general harassment) and several people can prove it... you'll get warned the first time. Second time and you're out.

If you can prove its a witchhunt, then we'll make sure the hunters feel humiliated. I want to punish our members for disrespect of the public and I want to protect our members from undue lynch mobs.

If you're a kind and generous and helpful person, sexually active or not, you have absolutely nothing to fear from this new policy.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Dungeon » Dungeon Members Conduct...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: