FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Cultural Change and Haerahvian Human Worldviews. Part 1
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » Cultural Change and Haerahvian Human Worldviews. Part 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Cultural Change and Haerahvian Human Worldviews. Part 1

In taking with the great tradition of human cultural change (the average time a culture takes to have a signifigant change do to both inward and external influence is roughly every three generations), I believe that 600 Earth years (and who knows how many it was between modern day and the day humans left Earth much less crashed on Haelrahv) is more then enough time to have obliterated almost all modern day culture (movies, movie stars, songs, etc because there would have been new and better things in the hundreds of years between modernday and when people left Earth). With a ship's worth of humans becoming the breeding population, all modern day races probably do no exist either but have instead mixed together into a more neutral race with a broad spectrum of secondary characteristics because evolution has not yet had time to occur and erase the extra genes and characteristics.

It can probably be said that while there might be a few Haelravian scholars around and in the past that have focused on Earth, current Earth cultures probably do not exist for them except in the form of fragments. A bit here. A bit there. Nothing coherant. What most Old Earth scholars would focus on instead would be the culture that was on Earth when humans left it. Perhaps if the humans on Haelrahv wereliving on Earth then they would have a better grasp, but being so removed makes 'old earth' culture bordering on the realms of being out of character.

That said, I believe that human society and culture has changed enough to make Haelrahvian humans as alien to us as Eolai or Alteri and therefore we must treat the humans we play as being something other then the human we are today. A new human culture is important to have, one that is unique and seperate from the human cultures on Earth.

I will be proposing new holidays and worldviews for humans shortly -- when I can think of some.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » Cultural Change and Haerahvian Human Worldviews. Part 1
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: