FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
New Skill System Transition Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » New Skill System Transition Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I have no further comment on this issue at this time. If anyone feels they should reallocate, reallocate. Just don't expect a 'last minute warning' from the staff.

If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Reallocation wasn't removed to punish anyone.

Reallocation was removed because:
1) It is easily abusable.
2) It is rarely used for the purpose intended.
3) It is nearing the end of its useful lifespan for its intended purpose.

Notification was not given primarily because notification would most benefit the abusers and only slighly benefit non-abusers.

When I say "appropriate action was taken" I am not simply referring to the shutoff of reallocation. Other action was taken against a significant abuser as well.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject:

A group being punished for something a couple of people in the group did is not a new concept. It's happened several times since the game opened, pretty much, to say nothing of how real life works.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

thats very true will, but its sad that the people that haven't done anything wrong still get affected worse than those that have. Those that have are probably like... well there goes that cash making opportunity where as those that haven't are like... shit i still needed to fix those skills or crap now i am stuck as a ....... when after playing this profession I come to realize i would probably like to become a ....... instead sorta thing.

but again... all my opinion
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I zeroed out a player's credit balance who had over $9Million in credits. I can't say I've done this to every abuser (in fact this is the only one, because it was such an obvious, gross abuse) but I hope it gives evidence to how seriously we take this matter.

We aren't trying to screw over those who intend well, and I wish that those persons could somehow not get caught up in this. Unfortunately, that can't happen, but as I've mentioned in other posts, I think we can work toward making a profession-changing option available in the future, so long as it significantly penalizes the person changing paths so as to all but eliminate abuse.

Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:

For me it wasn't the profession decision at all. I was testing things, like archery with craftsmanship, without craftsmanship, armor, with skinning, and without skinning etc, you get the idea. I know a few of us did that without reallocating.

Various other skills and stats I tested also, not expecting to have to keep them if the testing went badly, which it did for instance, when I realized that being a tracker doesn't help making bows or arrows.

If I'd have known this would happen I would have reallocated and saved all my skill points again until I was sure of the changes that will be happening when the new skill situation goes in.

Oh well.

Speaking of new skills, just to verify, will we be able to retrain skills and stats when nskills goes into effect?
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Boo.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Speaking of new skills, just to verify, will we be able to retrain skills and stats when nskills goes into effect?

Yep. Maybe even sooner.

Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I doubt I'm the only one who actually does something useful with reallocations.

No offense, man, but see this statement.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Darn I was hoping to reallocate Tshar soon. I'm tired of playing a Trooper.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Trevor!!!!

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Josie Laurens wrote:
if you need to fix your stats, skills, etc you have 3 days to do it before you are no longer able to"

but thats just my opinion

1) in what way could your skills be broken?
2) why weren't they fixed forever ago with a reallocation?
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject:

The only problem I see with this is. . .

Not every profession recieves attention, far from it. As it is now some professions are entirely neglected, or so it seems. We have no idea what's coming out for whatever profession whenever. Surprises are nice and all but now that the option to find a more exciting profession has been taken away I think it would be nice to know what changes are up and coming for each profession.

Right now I'm fed up with playing a Trooper. There are no perks to being a Trooper, there haven't been for a long time now. And it's the same way with other professions as well. If I could change I would, but I can't now so I'm stuck as a Trooper.

So I guess I'm in somewhat of a limbo state.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I zeroed out a player's credit balance who had over $9Million in credits. I can't say I've done this to every abuser (in fact this is the only one, because it was such an obvious, gross abuse) but I hope it gives evidence to how seriously we take this matter.

the worry i had with this, though, was also that a ton of artisan-made items were just released into the system, completely downplaying a lot of the special things artisans can do for the player base. while i know not all artisans have an intention to profiteer like i do, i do know that if the market is flooded with things the desire to even need them vanishes.

this whole concern comes from the way the armor-crafting system worked in DR. high players over saturated the market at cheap prices, and everyone not capable of making the best couldn't really find a player base to even interact with. i'd rather not see artisans who don't have ultra-skills not be capable of selling backpacks/satchels (and whatever else, although those two are the big skill-based items as far as i'm aware).

i'm saying this without any knowledge of how many items were given away/sold/etc, so if i'm concerned about something that isn't a real issue, nevermind me.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1) in what way could your skills be broken?
2) why weren't they fixed forever ago with a reallocation?

To answer your #1. Alot of people, I know myself and Inaria included, try out different skills to see what way would best portray our character. I know i took bladed but wanted to go to guns and i have a couple other skills that i wanted to switch over. Not to mention my ponderings of even switching to a different profession (not for perks but for my own pleasure of playing the profession). I know most people think that switching professions when your above a certain level is uncooth but for me I just wasn't happy as a mage and so I switched to tracker. I'm okay with tracker but I'm not passionate. Now I have no choice, I'm stuck as a tracker until live and that makes me feel... trapped i guess is a good word.

And to answer your #2. In many instances people that i've spoken to anyway... didnt have any reallocates left and were either a)playing their alternate character trying to get them up to 12th so they could use theirs or b)trying to purchase one from another person.

And before you say well they had their three chances, your right they did. And most of us used our reallocates stupidly... i know i used my first 3 that way *chuckles* but i liked the freedom and yes the safety of knowing that I could try different skills, professions and know that I could reallocate back to either what i had, or continue on with something different until I found the skills and profession that truly made Josie into the character I can enjoy and grow with. And also, most of us weren't seriously aware how soon reallocates would be taken away or we would have tried harder to find one before now. I know trevor said he wouldn't give a warning, but i guess i just assumed that reallocates would leave would be when the new skill system came into effect not just a few days after he said reallocate or don't reallocate its your choice. When I read that I started looking for another reallocation but now like Tshar... I'm stuck in this limbo that makes me think, Damn... I have Josie up so far in her levels and I don't know if I will be happy with her now that I don't have a chance to see her as anything else but a tracker.

Is this selfish of me? Maybe. Reallocations were given to us as a boon as Faith said and yes maybe we rely too much on them as a whole and yes there are those who abused these reallocations beyond belief. But as this is a beta and not live I don't see how taking reallocations away from everyone because 2 or 3 people fucked up is the right thing to do. I appreciate that Trevor took a stand and took the money from the one person. I know its his choice what happens in this game and he thought that taking the reallocates away was for the greater good. Maybe it is. But its left alot of GOOD people who haven't done anything wrong in a limbo situation. I know of 3 other people all who are good standing, people that wanted to change their profession and just needed a reallocate to do it. Not for perks but because they were not happy with their character as a whole, and these people were all above 60th level.

God im rambling....sorry if i repeated myself Smile

~jo
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Test Instance - New Skill System » New Skill System Transition Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: