FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Clustering pins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Clustering pins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject:

I think this topic has come up before (and I know it came around in cycles on the DR boards) and the consensus is always..yes. Tons of people are picky about their inventory. I used to order mine with "coolest items first," but for some reason I've now switched to head to toe.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

The only thing I can really say on this topic is that it's generally always been my style that if someone had tons of items on them, I didn't bother reading their inventory description at all.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
The only thing I can really say on this topic is that it's generally always been my style that if someone had tons of items on them, I didn't bother reading their inventory description at all.

Yup! DR had some inventories that would crash my Wizard. It wasn't cool.

Besides, some people had so much crap on, and none of it matched, and they looked like a big puffed up ugly clown. It was so sad.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:

speaking of giant inventories. in DR, when a character carried over 500 items, they were at risk of corruption or ninja ambush or whatever.

is there any limit like that in HR?

i say that because, uh...

Code:
You found 91 matching items (marbles).

yes i keep all the ones given to me! Shocked
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject:

There's no risk of corruption. You're not really doing the game any favor by having all these items, but it won't cause character or any other form of corruption.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject:

the obvious solution will be to someday give all those marbles to a glassworker alterer to make the largest marble in the universe, thus throwing llanfair's gravity off and killing everyone
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

On the subject of inventories...

I don't like long inventories. On the same note, I don't like inventory items with very long taps. When I look at a character who has a ton of stuff on (or a few things that LOOK like a ton of stuff because the taps are so long), I don't even bother reading what they have on.

On the other hand, if they have a short inventory and I see something like, 'a twisted purple scarf with intricate patterns', I'll ask about seeing the scarf because I'm curious what the patterns are...at this point, if someone has a really detailed and interesting look on an item, they get to share it.

I'm really wierd about this, I know.

brokyn wrote:
Faith gets a highfive next time I see her.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
I don't like long inventories. On the same note, I don't like inventory items with very long taps. When I look at a character who has a ton of stuff on (or a few things that LOOK like a ton of stuff because the taps are so long), I don't even bother reading what they have on.

You know what really suck? Items with commas in the tap.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:

those screw up kitrinx's item manager, as well.
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:

If someone asked me to make them an item with a comma in in the tap, my response would be...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject:

Like Trevor said, clothing can be layered in Live, and I also fixed it up so the clothing in your look description is displayed from head to toe, with no need to remove any clothing to change their order (except I think with the INVENTORY command, it might not alter the order for that, but since only you see that, it's kind of moot).
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject:

Not only do I double-log in DR still, when I change Nelle's clothing I literally take everything off so that the order is just right, from dress or necklace down. Tshar laughs at me for it but that's just how anal I am about how Nelle appears. I've had a lot of people ask me how I 'get away with' wearing so little.. it's a choice. I don't wear all the bonus items and fluff at once, I alternate. This is why Nelle had to expand her locker and if possible, would do it again!

To me it's important to have someone SEE what she's wearing when they look at her and not have to try and find it. If I look at someone and they're 'main' clothing items aren't in the first few or the last couple lines, I don't bother searching for it.

And my coffee mask? I ADORE that, it's amazing how many people don't realize it's a mask. That makes it perfect.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject:

Instead of being able to cluster them, can we maybe be able to put them ON clothing items and them not show up when looked at? Or maybe something like this ...

Code:
You are wearing a floor-length black leather trenchcoat with some stuff on it, a double-strapped black leather bandolier....

And have a limit as to how many pins certain pieces of clothing can hold.

I don’t want this so I can stack bonus items ... I use my necklace for that ... I’d just like to cut back on my inventory length and I currently only own one pin that is actually useful to me.

Last edited by Daedalus on Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject:

Daedalus wrote:
I don’t want this so I can stack bonus items ... I use the necklaces for that ... I’d just like to cut back on my inventory length and I currently only own one pin that is actually useful to me.

Just so you know, since you said necklaces (plural). The necklaces only hold 5 rings and you can only wear one of them.

Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
Just so you know, since you said necklaces (plural). The necklaces only hold 5 rings and you can only wear one of them.

Yeah, yeah. I know ... my bad. Didn't think it was a big deal. Fixed it, though. Also, I could of been speaking for more than one character, which I'm not ... but still.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Clustering pins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: