FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Clustering pins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Clustering pins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Clustering pins

Is there a way that we could turn all of the pins we wear into simply a cluster of pins? For instance, wearing more then 2 pins would give you a look of:

Code:
...some pants, a shirt, a cluster of pins

Or perhaps, if more then one of the same pin in worn:

Code:
...some pants, a shirt, some intricately worked eilaro pins

Thing that would help cut down on the look would be nice. Kind of like what the rings on the string does. If that's not possible, perhaps we could get something line a bracelet or a pin strap that we could pin all of our pins on to cut down on the look?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Frankly, I don't think people should be wearing a bazillion pins to boost skills and stats anyway and it's only out of pure compassion I haven't rolled in a fix for this. I don't see us putting in dev time to make this an even more convenient endeavor.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject:

on a sidenote, though, will it ever be possible (in live, i suppose) to select what we do and don't show?

i mean, take for example the e'lana outfit thing i can have made. i like the idea of having pants made, and a shirt, and a jacket, and then a belt/bracelet/mask/whatever... but i don't want yaru to have a huge look descrption on him.

i prefer what i have going on now, where i got some full body armor altered into a school uniform. it just takes up a ton of less space.

i like having a detailed outfit, but i absolutely hate the idea that, in order for someone to understand how yaru dresses, they have to look at a huge blob of 'stuff'
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Frankly, I don't think people should be wearing a bazillion pins to boost skills and stats anyway and it's only out of pure compassion I haven't rolled in a fix for this. I don't see us putting in dev time to make this an even more convenient endeavor.

Then perhaps the number of pins should be restricted. Getting a 'pin strip' or something like that would definately help out with that. You could get a message:

Do you want to ruin your clothing but sticking a pin through it?!

Then, this will wrap up BOTH the amount of rings you can wear and the massive looks of some people, you will have to buy a pin strip which holds a set number of pins. And you can only wear one or two of these strips. That would cut down the psuedo abuse of wearing a lot of pins and stupid the clutter of LOOKing at people. Having four of the electronics pins takes up several LOOK lines.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject:

you could always, you know, just not use that many pins.

i used to have yaru run around with four master tailor kits. he now walks around with only two on. i could still happily use the bonus from all four kits, but i'd prefer looking less obnoxious.
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
you could always, you know, just not use that many pins.

i used to have yaru run around with four master tailor kits. he now walks around with only two on. i could still happily use the bonus from all four kits, but i'd prefer looking less obnoxious.

I didn't realize it made you look obnoxious. Electronics is still too important to me to chuck the pins just yet. I did get rid of my security rings. I suppose I'll just have to hope one of the alterers will consolidate the pins into one pin like Zamde had done for her 20something asapi pins.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject:

in my own personal style, i hate wearing more than a dozen items. i also love super short (three to four words or less) taps, but i counteract that with very long look descriptions. that's how i, personally, prefer to set up my look.

this, of course, causes a huge set of sacrifices. i have a whole school outfit that i absolutely adore, yet it got a bit cumbersome, causing me to change my armor to 'a refurbished school uniform' with a description around fifty words long. i also have the same thing for my eyewear. two words long tap, huge description look.

that's just how i like to set up my character. i want people to know what's up with yaru as soon as possible, without having to scour his inventory. i'd, once again personally, get a better assessment of how someone's character is roleplayed if i can easily see what things they're wearing.

this is also why, even though i was thrilled to get those UR stockings, i could never use them. not only would it take up look-space i didn't want taken up, but it made little sense for yaru to wear stockings. i had that happen a few times. even though i OOCly test out how well yaru uses an assault rifle time to time, i can't let him really use it on a daily basis because, regardless of the weight, it's too 'big'. i wanted to have the one i use now altered to look 'smaller' (hence the scale-model TG23-X rifle) so it made sense for him to hold it, and the look helps explain why he can manage to fire it.

i got crazy lgoic for everything.
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I actually feel the opposite about taps and looks. The LOOKs on my item are relatively short and I keep my taps short too. The TAP is what people see, not the look. But I hate run on TAPs too... Now, for the jumpsuit I want, it has a long look because it's impossible to describe in a tap. I use to be REALLY big on the LOOK of an item until I realized that it doesn't matter except for your own benefit.

But, that's the reason I like short looks. I want someone to look at Kit and see his features and his clothing. It's why I keep the peircings and the plastic surgery to a minimum...and why the next holomask I get is going to be perfect for everyday wear so people can actually see Kit. Not the fluff.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject:

yeah, holomasks are definitely the win when it comes to being seen exactly as you want to be. the only downside is the knowledge that it's a hologram and not really you.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Heh yea. I had a 'darju' mask made when I reallocated Tshar into a few different races from darju. I didn't know which I was gonna end up liking the most or which combat style I was gonna end up liking either so I made a mask that made him look darju at all times for RP sake until I decided to settle on one race heh.
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
yeah, holomasks are definitely the win when it comes to being seen exactly as you want to be. the only downside is the knowledge that it's a hologram and not really you.

Just clothing wise. Or rather, the one I want just fixes the clothing he'd wear.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if anyone else is just as anal about clothing order as I am. Everything has to be in a progressive order from head->toe. Even the underwear that nobody will ever see; in my inventory, it has to come before any seen legwear.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Yaru: In Live, clothes layer so that some clothing will obscure other clothing.

There are no plans to augment how generic worn bonus items work, in the current test game. In Live, there will be a limit to how many bonuses apply at once, so one could wear a million pins but they would not all provide bonuses.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I wonder if anyone else is just as anal about clothing order as I am. Everything has to be in a progressive order from head->toe. Even the underwear that nobody will ever see; in my inventory, it has to come before any seen legwear.

--William

When I played...that other game...I would always log in twice because everytime you logged in there it reversed the order of your clothes (one of the things I love about HR is it doesn't do that), and I hated having my boots next to my face. I also had a script to get all my items out of my grave (in order) and wear them. Adding/removing something from my inventory meant having to strip and get everything back on in the correct order, and editing my script.

So yeah, I'm right there with you on the clothing order. Rolling Eyes

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Faith gets a highfive next time I see her.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Clustering pins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: