FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Technician Website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Technician Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject:

You don't need the index.html and in fact that breaks it because your index file is .htm not .html.

Most web servers (including ours) recognize index.htm, index.html, index.php, home.htm, home.html, home.php, default.html, default.htm and default.php as your "main" page and display it by default if no page is specified. If you have more than one of these, one is chosen according to the server's configuration.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
You don't need the index.html and in fact that breaks it because your index file is .htm not .html.

Most web servers (including ours) recognize index.htm, index.html, index.php, home.htm, home.html, home.php, default.html, default.htm and default.php as your "main" page and display it by default if no page is specified. If you have more than one of these, one is chosen according to the server's configuration.

^.^; Yes. It must have taken a few minutes to set up. And I accidently deleted the 'l' before...but yeah. It's set. Let's hope it doesn't break! I'm very good at breaking websites.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fatboy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject:

As far as the trooper/essence thing, I'm currently a mercenary, but even as an agent I was able to add eyes or a hand with 3 charisma. Right now I have a 6 charisma and I'm implanted with a left hand and cyber eyes.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject:

kit, is it possible you remove donation bin diving as a way to earn money? that's not how the bin is meant to be used.
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

On Firefox, when I click a cog, sometimes I get no index; similarly, when I click a topic, I just get a blank frame. It's nice.

"This guide assumes you have already progressed through the character generation system and chosen �Technician�" You might want to mention in the stat discussion that coord, perc and ment are important for pulse, which techs get the bonus to.

Just as a personal thing, I would recommend traits and flaws after you've been playing for a while and know what you'd get the most benefit from, not what you think you might want before you've even trained anything. "You may choose up to 5 flaws for your character. " Incorrect: you may choose as many flaws as you wish.

I know it's in the droid section, but you might want to also mention on the Vale - MAD page that you need to be 16th(?) level to buy one.

The page cannot be found for the categories in robotic assistants or cybergear.

Last edited by Sorkaa on Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
kit, is it possible you remove donation bin diving as a way to earn money? that's not how the bin is meant to be used.

Maybe not suppose to, but that's the way it is. Besides, it's an inside joke between Zap and Kit, Kit always smacking Zap everytime he goes splunking in the bin.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject:

inside jokes are great, but i'd rather not see an OOC website promoting people to clean out the donation bin for the purposes of financial gain. that's not what it is for.
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
inside jokes are great, but i'd rather not see an OOC website promoting people to clean out the donation bin for the purposes of financial gain. that's not what it is for.

Well, the section isn't even written yet. You can complain afterwards...but I like it and it's funny.

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, now that the rest is working, I'll post more.

"Drones are more limited in slot numbers then droids." Should be than. "You'll need both camera types to LOOK and WATCH." Maybe this is because I have a droid, but I can look and OBSERVE with just an eye camera. "The further away the person is, the longer it takes/td>"

Eyes are not the easiest to get if you need 4 charisma for them. You can get 1 hand at 3 charisma and 2 hands at 4. See this thread for how focus is calculated; that "focus (for psionics) also derives from essence, but also is a mixture of mentality" line is just bizarre.

"it has been concised into a single and hopefully much simpler chart." Unfortunately, concised is not a word. "Armor has a SEPERATE slot" should be separate. "You CAN have more then one"..than. Why not list the -3 coord/agil in the "upgradeable with" area for hooks/peg legs? I know you can't upgrade them with anything, but that's where all the other bonuses are listed.
 Back to top »
shalpa

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject:

Thank you to everyone responding to the tech site. It is very much in a raw state, and we don't claim to know everything. Everyone's input about incorrect information and ease of the use of the site is greatly appreciated. As we continue to work on it, we will update sections according to new information received. Keep the comments coming!

"What happens if I..."

***BBZZZZZTTT!!!***

"...Oh."
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:

ps: the site looks great on the laptop at home that i normally use while playing HR.
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I've done more updating...though I killed the hunting section with a bad save error. ;.;

Almost everything should be up now and looking presentable. We're just filling in most of the details...like passive chips and the glossary now.

Trevor, if you have the time, I think the site's pretty much ready to be linked.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject:

some stuff:

1) spellsongs. you might want to add song of sorrow to the singing list, if you're going to advise techs to learn singing. song of sorrow rocks just because it lets everyone know where you are when you die. it's also used so rarely everyone gets confused and wants to find you just to find out what the hell let them see that. might also want to look into adding winds, since that tree can help with ecology (nature's song) and also security (housebreaker's revel).

cook's ditty also doesn't increase poison. unless i don't get that boon for some reason.

2) potions. might as well add clarity, as well, for gadget making (which uses mentality).

3) fire. fire also helps all core skills, so might as well add research and aviation too... although i can see not caring about aviation.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject:

In the cybergear parts section, I believe the stealth chip upgrades give their bonus on a sliding scale. Like the targetting chip for eyes.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
some stuff:

1) spellsongs. you might want to add song of sorrow to the singing list, if you're going to advise techs to learn singing. song of sorrow rocks just because it lets everyone know where you are when you die. it's also used so rarely everyone gets confused and wants to find you just to find out what the hell let them see that. might also want to look into adding winds, since that tree can help with ecology (nature's song) and also security (housebreaker's revel).

cook's ditty also doesn't increase poison. unless i don't get that boon for some reason.

2) potions. might as well add clarity, as well, for gadget making (which uses mentality).

Edit: Added your suggestions Yaru.

3) fire. fire also helps all core skills, so might as well add research and aviation too... although i can see not caring about aviation.

Fire also helps pulse weapons... Do you actually have to be performing the song of sorrow for it to work? Can you do it after you've died?

Last edited by Kit on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Technician Website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: