FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
News 41 - Stamina drain update
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » News 41 - Stamina drain update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: News 41 - Stamina drain update

I don't think the stamina drain for using ranged attacks should be as severe as using melee strikes considering ranged users don't get the balance modifers from successful shots.

In Kuchos when using a melee weapon Tshar was able to get to incredibly balanced with ease, using ranged he never gets passed 'well' and usually stays around 'fairly well'.

I've been hunting quite a bit and Tshar's stamina has dropped below 90% a few times using pulse with 70 vitality and the Robust trait.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject:

with 3 (19) vitality, each time i fire my rifle i lose 4-6 points of stamina.

that's sorta... a big change from 1 point.

i'm down to 65 stamina after killing under 10 beetles... and that's with firing once every 10 seconds.

i picked fired weapons because they specifically didn't require me to be stamina-heavy. they're weapons that worked with the stats i wanted to train and aren't hard on stamina. now i'm getting tons of trouble.

edit: had the change the stamina loss numbers a bit. i ended up paying closer attention, heh.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:

30 (33) Vitality (it's not huge, but it's not totally neglected).
Unarmed combat (headbutts) with 2 RT for each attack (no quickness potions or any other ones for that matter).
Hunting adult hushoguj which are FAR beneath Dzynna in ability.

2 dead creatures = less than 30% vitality left.

Seems a little high to me.

Haven't tried ranged yet, only the unarmed. Will post more if something similar happens with ranged.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject:

focus guard

You stare intently at a royal guard.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
A royal guard is suddenly struck by complete paralysis!
>shoot
Taking advantage of an opening, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. With finesse, you land a devastating hit to his neck as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard reels and falls flat on his back!
Siezing a perfect moment, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. You land a fair hit to his neck as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, well rested, and your inner focus is lacking.]
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>
shoot

You feel fully rested.
>Taking a chance on a tricky shot, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. Mercilessly, you land a superficial hit to his neck as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Taking a chance on a tricky shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. Mercilessly, you land a slight hit to his neck as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
[You are balanced, healthy, well rested, and your inner focus is lacking.]
>
shoot

Focused intently, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. With little resistance, you land a massive hit to his neck as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard sighs, "For the Crown." and collapses.
[You are balanced, healthy, well rested, and your inner focus is lacking.]
Roundtime: 1 sec.

That took me down to 94%, according to the Wizard in GS mode.

Now, killing a guard without paralysis in effect:

>shoot guard
With an utter lack of precision, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. Without hesitation, she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield.
Making the best of a difficult shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. With skill, she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield, barely breaking a sweat.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, well rested, and your inner focus is slightly lacking.]
>
shoot guard

Sure of a good opening, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. Shockingly, she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield in a feat of pure luck.
Concentrating on the shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. In a display of true skill, you land a devastating hit to her left eye as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard is completely dazed by the attack!
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, well rested, and your inner focus is slightly lacking.]
>shoot guard

... wait 1 second.
>shoot guard

Gauging the shot with care, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. You land a serious hit to her left foot as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Patiently waiting for a good shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. In short order, you land a devastating hit to her right eye as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard reels and falls flat on her back!
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, slightly tired, and your inner focus is slightly lacking.]
>shoot guard

Your heavy gun is not yet ready to fire again.
>The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from a sleek twilight blue gun informs you that it is ready to fire again.
The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from a sleek night black gun informs you that it is ready to fire again.
>
shoot guard

Concentrating on the shot, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. In a display of true skill, you land a devastating hit to her chest as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Carefully timing the shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. In a display of skill, you land a devastating hit to her left eye as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
[You are well balanced, healthy, slightly tired, and your inner focus is slightly lacking.]
The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from a sleek twilight blue gun informs you that it is ready to fire again.
The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from a sleek night black gun informs you that it is ready to fire again.
>shoot guard

Focused intently, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. With little resistance, you land a devastating hit to her left foot as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Sure of a good opening, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. Shockingly, she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield in a feat of pure luck.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, slightly tired, and your inner focus is strong.]
>A royal guard is no longer stunned.
>
shoot guard

Taking a chance on a tricky shot, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. Mercilessly, you land a devastating hit to her left eye as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard is completely dazed by the attack!
Fighting off distraction, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. Ready to meet the challenge, she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, slightly tired, and your inner focus is strong.]
>Stumbling awkwardly, a royal guard slashes a fine eilaro katana at a royal guard. Amazingly, she lands a slight hit to her left leg as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
>
shoot guard

Your heavy gun is not yet ready to fire again.
The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from a sleek twilight blue gun informs you that it is ready to fire again.
>shoot guard

Focused intently, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. With little resistance, you land a superficial hit to her right arm as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Taking advantage of an opening, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. With finesse, you land a devastating hit to her right leg as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
[You are well balanced, healthy, slightly tired, and your inner focus is strong.]
>The distinct whirring sound that barely emanates from a sleek twilight blue gun informs you that it is ready to fire again.
>
shoot guard

Hoping to make the best of a poor shot, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. Somehow, you land a devastating hit to her head as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Showing true inexperience at work, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. At the last moment she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield, barely managing to avoid disaster.
[You are well balanced, healthy, slightly tired, and your inner focus is strong.]
>As a royal guard raises her head and opens her eyes, she focuses on a royal guard and draws her right fist back, then strikes her open left palm.
shoot guard

Sure of a good opening, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. Shockingly, she blocks the attack using a vyeftium round shield in a feat of pure luck.
Fumbling a bit in the process of taking a shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. Amazingly, you land a devastating hit to her right hand as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard is no longer stunned.
>
shoot guard

Gauging the shot with care, you fire a sleek twilight blue gun at a royal guard. You land a devastating hit to her right arm as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
Carefully timing the shot, you fire a sleek night black gun at a royal guard. In a display of skill, you land a serious hit to her head as a royal guard fails to block with a vyeftium round shield.
A royal guard sighs, "For the Crown." and collapses.

Dropped me to ~74%.

Vitality : 50 (51)

-Chris
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject:

I should explain a few things. The idea is that stamina will drain much more quickly - intentionally, while you also enjoy more stamina regen pulses (the pulses that recover hp, stamina and focus now occur at roughly 3 per 60-70 sec instead of 1 per).

I also updated the regeneration of each of these to be a percentage of your max hp, sp, and fp accordingly before any bonuses for spells, items, etc are added in.

There are a LOT of choices to help with stamina:
- Vitality potions.
- Stamina regen potions.
- Massages (help a lot and last a long time!).
- Stamina max increasing items.
- Vitality increasing items.
- Stamina regen rate increasing items.
- Soothing Lullaby spellsong (helps all three regens - hp, sp and fp, has low stringed skill req and is open to all professions).
- Some stances modify stamina changes.

And probably others I'm forgetting. I'm still in the process of adjusting numbers, but the idea is that instead of constantly staying at 90-100% stamina, you actually do either have to take measures or take small breaks. The additional pulses help shorten those breaks.

Show of hands for many non-newbies here had to worry about stamina on a regular basis in combat before this change? I think we all know this change was overdue. Wink

And re: guns.... look at it this way, you have the lowest stamina drain per attack possible, excluding the above considerations, because of your low RT.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject:

at what percentage of fatigue places you in danger?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:

Currently - and this is subject to change at any time - Every 6% of fatigue loss deducts a point of skill from attack / defense. So being at 0% stamina would put you at -16 skill.

I am considering changing this to something like at a 30% stamina lost mark, start deducting at a rate of -1 per 5%... or something, but at this point there is no magical threshhold, it's just a graduated scale at 6% mark intervals.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject:

how about critters? does that work for them now, too?

the skill loss isn't as bad as i was thinking it would be. i think i was more worried over the numbers being so low than the actually results of them being that low
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject:

The same numbers apply to creatures, but I am considering modifying it so that stamina loss hits them harder since you're generally fighting fresh creatures over and over.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject:

When will we be getting an engagement system to go with all these new changes. With an engagement system we could actually retreat and 'take a breather' instead of having to leave the hunting area to catch our breaths. With an engagement system Tshar wouldn't even be at melee with Kuchos.
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject:

Okay wow.. now I know what everyone was talking about. When I hunt I use blades and I doubleslash.. and it's a major difference now.. I'm seeing it drop by 20 points for each doubleslash. One question.. will siphon still become a psionic only spell? That is really going to hurt if it does.

It really does come back fast, however.. as long as you stop a moment. Much faster than it use to.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject:

Nelle wrote:
Okay wow.. now I know what everyone was talking about. When I hunt I use blades and I doubleslash.. and it's a major difference now.. I'm seeing it drop by 20 points for each doubleslash. One question.. will siphon still become a psionic only spell? That is really going to hurt if it does.

It really does come back fast, however.. as long as you stop a moment. Much faster than it use to.

I've found I have a 5 kill limit before I drop to 40% stamina and have to go rest. It's not TERRIBLE. It was just...woah.

Edit: This'll probably help. Kit's a 38th tech. He uses the equivalent of two heavy pulse guns. He hunts in the fens. Vitality : 36 (37)

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject:

Tshar wrote:
When will we be getting an engagement system to go with all these new changes. With an engagement system we could actually retreat and 'take a breather' instead of having to leave the hunting area to catch our breaths. With an engagement system Tshar wouldn't even be at melee with Kuchos.

I'm not sure. Marduk has been working on the ES but he has not been around a lot lately due to his own RL schedule. For me to finish the ES on his behalf I'd probably have to do some ripping apart of what he's done this far because I am not familiar with that system as he is. Given that I understand the ES is pretty close to complete, I really don't want to do that.

Nelle wrote:
Okay wow.. now I know what everyone was talking about. When I hunt I use blades and I doubleslash.. and it's a major difference now.. I'm seeing it drop by 20 points for each doubleslash.

Keep in mind that doubleslash, like pummel, is not intended to be used as one's only or even main form of attack. Certainly very sturdy characters can pull off using doubleslash excessively, but for most of us, it is a tactical ability to be used at a time best to your advantage.

Nelle wrote:
One question.. will siphon still become a psionic only spell? That is really going to hurt if it does.

Blood Siphon and Siphon Vigor will become Mage-only spells. However, you're personally able to use massage as a Medic, which is an even greater asset to you and others you wish to help than before with these updates. Some professions have bonuses or abilities to assist with stamina related concerns as well.

Nelle wrote:

Glad to hear it, that's the intent - that you drain stamina pretty quickly but regain it with a short amount of rest.

Kit wrote:
I've found I have a 5 kill limit before I drop to 40% stamina and have to go rest. It's not TERRIBLE. It was just...woah.

Out of curiosity, how long are your rest periods, if you intend to keep hunting beyond this 5 kill mark?

Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Keep in mind that doubleslash, like pummel, is not intended to be used as one's only or even main form of attack. Certainly very sturdy characters can pull off using doubleslash excessively, but for most of us, it is a tactical ability to be used at a time best to your advantage.

Nelle wrote:
One question.. will siphon still become a psionic only spell? That is really going to hurt if it does.

Blood Siphon and Siphon Vigor will become Mage-only spells. However, you're personally able to use massage as a Medic, which is an even greater asset to you and others you wish to help than before with these updates. Some professions have bonuses or abilities to assist with stamina related concerns as well.

Ahh.. I was taught to just use doubleslash a long time back so now I'll have to learn new things. No problem on that one.

And I only -wish- I could massage myself! I'll have to remember to beg other medics for one from now on before I go hunt. I'm making a stamina potion at the moment to see how much that'll help me recover it. If there's one to help boost or maintain stamina I haven't learned it yet.

Thank you Trevor, this is all helping me to understand a lot better.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

One minor problem. For those that use melee weapons, most only have one to two choices of attacks. slash\bash\thrust or dooubleslash depending on the type of weapon. So it's not as if there are options for less fatiguing attacks. There's one type of attack, and that's it. Unarmed users have a plethora of attacks at their disposal that have different fatigue loss rates, ranged attack users don't suffer from as much fatigue loss as melee weapon users(at least from what I've noticed very recently). If someone uses a sword all they can do is slash away and nothing else. Same with a blunt weapon or a puncture weapon.

Are there plans for new types of attacks to make up for this?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » News 41 - Stamina drain update
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: