FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Home ideas...because there isn't ENOUGH home topics.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Home ideas...because there isn't ENOUGH home topics.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Home ideas...because there isn't ENOUGH home topics.

I don't know if this stuff was already suggested....

Rooms:

1. The bathroom:
a. A toilet. Even if we don't have to go, I still want to have one. Realism. You can sit on it, open and close the lid, and flush it.
b. A bathtub/shower/jacuzzi tub. You can get into it (won't change the room, but you'll see: Kit Murphy steps into a shower). You could also turn the knobs and run the water. It'd be fun if you could have leaks and have to call a tech in to repair it.
c. A sink. Again, water could be turned on and off.
d. Accessories! A shelf for bath stuff, a mirror, a towel rack for towels, a hook for bathrobes.

2. The kitchen:
a. A stove. No more campfire cooking! You could grill with it like on Chodaku...only not just fish. Maybe later you could allow boiling stuff in pots. Not for alchemy use though!
b. A cabinet. Keep only cooking things in here. Pots, pans, cups, bowls, plates...a reason to buy cuttlery now!
c. A fridge/freezer...this stuff could break down too.
d. A table and chairs. I would really like to be able to have it so that when preparing meals, you could break parts off to serve it...or cook a large amount of things at once to be served all together.

3. The Living Room/Den:
a. Seating, end tables, coffee tables. Recliners/chairs would have a capacity of 1, loveseats 2, and couches 3. End tables hold 1 item unless there's a drawer. Coffee tables can hold three.
b. Lighting. Lamps could be made by artisans and made to work by technicians with a lighting element. The bulbs eventually will run out if left on and new ones must be bought. Techs could make longer lasting bulbs then those sold in a store. Lighting could be used in every room, though if there is a window during the day there is no need. Maybe there can be tracklighting installed in some places and a switch on the wall?
c. A fire place.
d. Desks and chairs. Desks could store writing implements...pens and papers.
e. Bookcases. These things would hold tiny knicknacks and books.
f. Accessories. Paintings, sculptures, curio cabinets...display cases for weapons and such.

4. The Bedroom
a. Beds! Pillows and blankets could be tailored or bought. Perhaps one slot for a blanket and 5 or so pillows?
b. Night stands. See endtables.
c. Closets! A place finally to keep your clothes! Artisans could be pretty hangers....trackers could carve pretty hangers too! Maybe a shoe box for holding shoes?
d. Bureaus/chest of drawers/etc. Only clothing can fit in the drawers, but you can put jewelry boxes on top.
e. Accessories. Jewelry boxes, mirrors, paintings.

5. The Dining Room.
a. Tables, chairs, servers, dish cabinets, chandeliers...mostly described above.

6. Workshops.
This would be like an alchemy lab, but for techs when the gadget rooms come out. Maybe have a room that could be a tannery too.

Home improvement!
a. floorings
b. wall coverings
c. window treatments?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject:

i don't mind the idea of stuff getting repaired (heck, i'd love to repair furniture), but part of me also wouldn't like it to happen as often as to make it a hastle.

if i wanted an imaginary house to break on a daily basis, i'd play Sims.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i don't mind the idea of stuff getting repaired (heck, i'd love to repair furniture), but part of me also wouldn't like it to happen as often as to make it a hastle.

if i wanted an imaginary house to break on a daily basis, i'd play Sims.

I was thinking mostly....if you forgot and left the refridgerator door open. Or left the sink on. Or something randomly happens. A tech call to a house shouldn't occur often at all.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I think the furniture repair isn't a good idea.

We will be paying millions for homes alone, not to mention furnishings, for the millions of credits I don't want to have things breaking down inside it, and for another my character might not want anyone else in his private home aside from those he invites.

I wouldn't want random shit breaking down in my house, that level of realism is just a bit too much for me.

EDIT: Took out the term 'stupid' cause I hate it when someone uses it in reference to me and I've been using it far too often as of late.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject:

i can see things falling apart for no reason being bad (and i agree).

i can see repairs making sense in the event someone goes out of their way to damage their furnishings. like lets say they build a campfire in the middle of their house. something might get damaged. or if they decide to pummel their bed, that can make some damage.

sitting down shouldn't cause damage unless you try to sit on something not meant to be sturdy, like a shelf or something.

so, unless someone does something massively stupid (for the sake of rp, though, of course), i wouldn't want furniture damage popping up either.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm not adverse to electronics and appliances breaking down occasionally but that's the sort of thing to throw in way down the road because it adds a finite amount cool factor or balance impact. If we did add this in at some point in Haelrahv's future (in Live), I think such breakage should fairly rare.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I'm not adverse to electronics and appliances breaking down occasionally but that's the sort of thing to throw in way down the road because it adds a finite amount cool factor or balance impact. If we did add this in at some point in Haelrahv's future (in Live), I think such breakage should fairly rare.

As I said, breakage should be for the extreme uh ohs and random events...like burning down your stove or as Yaru said, sitting on something you shouldn't.

I think lightbulbs should wear out though so techs can make new ones! ::cheers::

Back to top »
Morgana

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Right now let's just keep it simple. A home, a profession room (i.e. lab, tech thingy, cooking thing), something to sit on, lay on, and an implied key. Why over detail it to the point it's confusing? And why chance delaying the release of homes?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Heh, believe me... no "chance" to it. More features = more delay.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

ah well. i'll stick to making the furniture then Wink
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
HR-Trevor wrote:

ah well. i'll stick to making the furniture then Wink

Oh, my suggestion was for later releases. I agree with Morgana. I just want the space.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Home ideas...because there isn't ENOUGH home topics.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: