FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
More gadget ideas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » More gadget ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: More gadget ideas

...because the other topic got side tracked.

Okay, I was thinking about other creation systems. They can make stuff that you can still find in stores, but they can make it BETTER then you can find in stores!

So.

1. Comms. Cooler comms...comms that can be worn in piercings are esspecially high on me cool list. Tongue, nose, ear, bridge, labret, maybe nipple. Working with artisans to great objects with comms in them would be fun. Like gloves or headbands or shirts with comms sewn into them.

2. Med gear. Regenerators and emitters and cariowhatevers and bioscanners. Maybe they'd have a higher integrity or give bonuses.

Other stuff!
In the great tradition of Aibo...
Electronic pets! You don't need to feed them, just take them to your local tech everyone once in awhile.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject:

for some reason a tounge comm doesn't sound that usable.

than again, i'll love to see how a prince albert comm works.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
for some reason a tounge comm doesn't sound that usable.

than again, i'll love to see how a prince albert comm works.

I wasn't concidering genital or navel comms...and if we have high enough technology to make cyberlimbs that are indistinquishable with synth skin...and even work better then usual hands...then we can probably make a low interferance and a waterproof mouth comm.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject:

Medical equipment, yes, but comm piercings aren't too likely..
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject:

HR-Drake wrote:
Medical equipment, yes, but comm piercings aren't too likely..

Hehe. I can't think of any other electronics out there.

Yet!

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject:

how about a tech + performer system: music players.

a technician can make a device that can play a recorded spellsong.

the spellsong can be recorded using another device and put on a chip.

the chip breaks after one use, but can be used on the device at anytime to grant the boon to the user that they would get in the event they listened to the spellsong themself.

so let's say Kit makes the playing and recording device, then has Haidee play Mender's Verse. Kit then gives the chip to say, Zap, when he wants to get a nice boon while repairing some busted cybergear.

Zap then puts the chip in his music player, listens to the tune, and gets the same bonus as if Haidee was actually playing it for him while in her group.

I suppose this should only work for group/all type spellsongs, though, and not the self cast ones.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject:

Tech + magic don't mix. That includes spellsongs.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

ahhh, okay. i didn't know spellsongs still count as magic post-creation.
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

Kit has psionics, spellsongs, and magic. I think he does just fine.

But building electronic guitars and keyboards and other weird HR gear might be fun!

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:

This is because a mechanic we planned to put in place from day one was never put in, but will exist in Live. Specifically, the use of cyberware and perhaps some other technical devices, will diminish the effectiveness of magic, psionics, and spellsongs.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Quote:

This is because a mechanic we planned to put in place from day one was never put in, but will exist in Live. Specifically, the use of cyberware and perhaps some other technical devices, will diminish the effectiveness of magic, psionics, and spellsongs.

But why? That really is going to hurt technicians as a whole. Are we getting anything else to compensate for it? I don't see why Kit should suffer because he's a tech. I've been working for two months to get him Mender's Verse. I think regular comm use should diminish the effectiveness of spells then too.

If Techs won't be able to use this stuff well at all, then you can see the need for gadgets that will emulate what we're going to lose.

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
But why? That really is going to hurt technicians as a whole. Are we getting anything else to compensate for it? I don't see why Kit should suffer because he's a tech. I've been working for two months to get him Mender's Verse. I think regular comm use should diminish the effectiveness of spells then too.

If Techs won't be able to use this stuff well at all, then you can see the need for gadgets that will emulate what we're going to lose.

If you can't use Mender's Verse due to cyberware, then it stands to reason Performers can't use cyberware due to needing their spellsongs, so where's the unfairness play in here? It's balanced. You could always choose to not use cyberware if you believe spells are more useful to you.

The idea is that you have "essence", a term you're familiar with, and that using cyberware depletes it and removing these invading devices restores it. Magic in Haelrahv is powered by the spirit, soul, essence, whatever term you prefer - that resides in living beings (or unliving for that matter, such as spirit-inhabited undead).

Not all tech gear will have any effect magic. The ones that you can expect will are the ones that use essence.

BTW, the comment about working on two months to get Mender's Verse is irrelevant - We have no plans to implement this essence effect on magic until Live.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Quote:

If you can't use Mender's Verse due to cyberware, then it stands to reason Performers can't use cyberware due to needing their spellsongs, so where's the unfairness play in here? It's balanced. You could always choose to not use cyberware if you believe spells are more useful to you.

The idea is that you have "essence", a term you're familiar with, and that using cyberware depletes it and removing these invading devices restores it. Magic in Haelrahv is powered by the spirit, soul, essence, whatever term you prefer - that resides in living beings (or unliving for that matter, such as spirit-inhabited undead).

Not all tech gear will have any effect magic. The ones that you can expect will are the ones that use essence.

BTW, the comment about working on two months to get Mender's Verse is irrelevant - We have no plans to implement this essence effect on magic until Live.

All right, that makes sense. It's still a shocker though. I keep envisioning powerful mages that are helf-metal with wicked looking arms and stuff because I saw HR as being a merging of both, not a seperation. Technology could be used to enhance or even increase essense, but I suppose there's no point in arguing that ^.^

Having technology reduce essence would make some techs (like Kit) try to duplicate what magic does in a more scientific way.

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject:

FYI this is a very long standing arrangement and people like Glim or William will be very familiar with it since they have been around since the beginning, but for you it's a shock because it's not come up in discussion recently. It's referred to in many older posts though.

This separation will allow us to have many avenues to boost what is really a finite set of aspects of your character without providing too many bonuses to the point where balance becomes impossible.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
FYI this is a very long standing arrangement and people like Glim or William will be very familiar with it since they have been around since the beginning, but for you it's a shock because it's not come up in discussion recently. It's referred to in many older posts though.

This separation will allow us to have many avenues to boost what is really a finite set of aspects of your character without providing too many bonuses to the point where balance becomes impossible.

Trevor, I was refering to myself. I NEVER assume anyone else ever feels the way I do. I also try to ignore William. He tends to insight riots with me, so it's generally a good idea that I do that for my own mental health. I don't have time to read every single post ever on this message board, so when things come up that are new to me, I think I'm entitled to be shocked. So nyah.

I'm not really looking for bonuses anyhow. I like this game as it is, with or without magic. And I probably still will train the magic that helps a tech do tech stuff....lucky, that's mostly spellsongs which is good because of how I view Kit anyhow.

Does one's focus run on essense (probably)?

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » More gadget ideas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: