Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Gadget Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Gadget Update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Gadget Update

The first set of gadgets is nearly complete. Gadget components for the first set are finished and you might see them in the treasure systems before you're actually allowed to make anything with them.

In order to make any kind of gadget, you'll first be required to research that gadget. You'll probably be required to read the pamphlet a few times over the course of a few hours - once you start reading a pamphlet, it's yours, and no one else can use it. Now you just need some parts to make the gadget with right?

Gadget components will come in different grades: crappy, normal, and high quality. You'll be able to find pamphlets which (once you read them) will allow you to fix, repair or enhance the quality of the components you find. You'll obviously need a location to play with components at, so expect something like the alchemy labs.

Once you make a gadget, you will be able to disassemble it into its original components! This makes mixing and matching kinda fun, and necessary if you want to upgrade your stuff.

This first batch will be a few fluff items, so don't expect anything crazy just yet. I'll monitor how things are going with these, then add more stuff to the mix as time goes on. Expect to start working on things within the next week or two. Smile
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Gadget Update

That sounds a LOT cooler then what I was expecting! Are these the sounds of things that we'll be able to sell to shops in order to make a little money? I'd love to be able to make money doing tech things.

Also, will we only be able to find components in the treasure system for hunting? Could we find them fishing or excavating too? How about having some components for sale, just for the little stuff for little techs?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shalpa

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Gadget Update

HR-Drake wrote:

Once you make a gadget, you will be able to disassemble it into its original components! This makes mixing and matching kinda fun, and necessary if you want to upgrade your stuff.

That sounds like fun!

"What happens if I..."

***BBZZZZZTTT!!!***

"...Oh."
 Back to top »
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Gadget Update

Kit wrote:
That sounds a LOT cooler then what I was expecting! Are these the sounds of things that we'll be able to sell to shops in order to make a little money? I'd love to be able to make money doing tech things.

You'll definately be able to sell them, both to a pawn shop and hopefully to other players who might want them. Smile

Kit wrote:
Also, will we only be able to find components in the treasure system for hunting? Could we find them fishing or excavating too? How about having some components for sale, just for the little stuff for little techs?

When I mentioned the treasure system, I didn't just mean hunting.. you'll probably be able to find them in the chests you snag while fishing, and while excavating as well (though the items many hot be very high quality, for various reasons). Purchasing components via shops might be possible, but it'd significantly reduce their uniqueness. For now, I think what'll be found in the treasure system will be enough, since there'll be a lot of non-techs finding components that would be happy to sell them to techs in need of them. Wink

Exception: sensitive components such as high quality circuitboards and transmitters/receivers will be sold through shops instead of being found in treasure, for obvious reasons.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and while excavating as well (though the items many hot be very high quality, for various reasons)

::flirt flirt::

so let us artisans resotre them, if they're just gears and rods and not actual electronic parts! i swear i'll be able to do it eventually!

::/flirt flirt::
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Gadget Update

Zap suggested finding stuff by foraging too. Like...Ooops! Someone dropped this in the ivy patch!

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Quote:
and while excavating as well (though the items many hot be very high quality, for various reasons)

::flirt flirt::

so let us artisans resotre them, if they're just gears and rods and not actual electronic parts! i swear i'll be able to do it eventually!

::/flirt flirt::

No way! You guys wouldn't know the first thing about repairing technical equiptment. Banners and jewelry, yes. Components for gadgets? No way.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
No way! You guys wouldn't know the first thing about repairing technical equiptment.

Heh, then they shouldn't be able to repair cybergear. He's only suggesting being able to repair simple metal parts, anyway, nothing with electronic innards.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Quote:
No way! You guys wouldn't know the first thing about repairing technical equiptment.

Heh, then they shouldn't be able to repair cybergear. He's only suggesting being able to repair simple metal parts, anyway, nothing with electronic innards.

--William

Anyone with enough repair can repair cybergear. It's not Drake's system. It's actually trooper based.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Drake's system or not, your argument is flawed. Cybergear has electronic components and artisans (and everyone else) with enough skill in Repair can fix them. You're trying to say that ancient pieces of technology cannot be restored by Artisans because they have electronic components.

See?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject:

artisans have already been proven to be the people who restore [non electronic] relics.

if the stuff at an excavation site are something like "a rusted and dented cog", then i don't see why an artisan wouldn't be able to restore it. the fact that it's used in a machine isn't even an issue. it's a damaged relic and artisans are the people who restore those kinds of things. it could easliy just be a metal circle with a bunch of metal blocks sticking out from around the edges.

beyond that, drake said the stuff won't be high quality. it'll be very low-quality old stuff. so it'll still be usable even without being restored. just like i have to find trackers to get getok skins, i don't see why a tech couldn't go to an artisan to fix a very old cog so it can work better.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:

William, that avatar is disturbing.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject:

You know you enjoy the pelvic thrusts.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anyone with enough repair can repair cybergear. It's not Drake's system. It's actually trooper based.

Just wanted to clarify that cyberware is not Trooper based, it was a system developed for everyone. I just happen to be one of the people involved with it, it has nothing to do with me being guru.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, artisans have a creation system...they have a bunch...and none of them require the use of anyone else's help to make their items. We're getting a creation system and I don't want artisans to have a hand in it. If artisans can fix stuff, fine. But let techs fix our own stuff too.

Edit: And yes, that's me being selfish.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Gadget Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: