FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Basic Gadget Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Basic Gadget Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
PS: I nominate a spellsong version of it (in case you meant a gadget form of magic/psi dampening). Just because things are great when they're made cyclic.

I've wanted to do a spellsong for it for a long time now, actually. But yeah, I'm in support of a cycling set of checks and balances, as well.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Gabriel wrote:
Having them be too common and reusable would be bad, which is why I like the idea of them being one use.

I must have glossed over the "one-use" part. I'm glad I don't live in the distant future where apparently technology sucks.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
I must have glossed over the "one-use" part. I'm glad I don't live in the distant future where apparently technology sucks.

I'm doing a favor by stretching the bounds of "technology" enough to assume that an mechanical item has anything to do with a mental fear effect in the first place. I'm sure you'd disapprove of a magical anti-never-get-hit-by-unarmed-attacks defensive item, correct?

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
I'm doing a favor by stretching the bounds of "technology" enough to assume that an mechanical item has anything to do with a mental fear effect in the first place. I'm sure you'd disapprove of a magical anti-never-get-hit-by-unarmed-attacks defensive item, correct?

My comment had nothing to do with how I think it should be implemented in game.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Tylen wrote:

Actually, there is sound frequency that can cause feelings of fear. The military is currently testing machines that emit this vibration. It's part of their desire to find non-lethal methods of force. There is also the developement of a machine that can cause an odor that does not disappate quickly in the air to make people temporarily sick to their stomach -- it's ingenius, it's a mixture of foul and pleasant smells that mess with your digestive track. They are also working on a device that will emit a sonic wave strong enough to make people feel as if their head is exploding without causing long term damage.

Technology rocks.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Did they build a machine to counteract the effect of the "fear-causing" one? That's the sort of device I have in mind.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Having them be too common and reusable would be bad, which is why I like the idea of them being one use.

yeah.

where are my two use grenades, damnit.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject:

While we're making breakthroughs in technology, let's remember one getting overlooked: EMP technology that makes Tech things break down.

That's assuming you don't empty a rifle clip into the machinery to disable it the old-fashioned way.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject:

zamde wrote:
While we're making breakthroughs in technology, let's remember one getting overlooked: EMP technology that makes Tech things break down.

That's assuming you don't empty a rifle clip into the machinery to disable it the old-fashioned way.

Drake already said we'd eventually be able to make EMP grenades. Which will rock too!

Mickey: Since we're 600 years ahead in this game of where we are now, I think it's pretty possible that they'll have technology to combat it in the future.

Drake: Any word on new gadgets?

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Since fear is mental/chemical/physiological, I don't see how anything external to the body can prevent it. Unless they person is wearing hypno-goggles. Or has some kind of cerebral implant -- and yes, I know internal cybergear is on the way in Live.

Maybe a medicine-concocted pill could weaken the effects of fear.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Gabriel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Drake already said we'd eventually be able to make EMP grenades. Which will rock too!

Mickey: Since we're 600 years ahead in this game of where we are now, I think it's pretty possible that they'll have technology to combat it in the future.

Drake: Any word on new gadgets?

I want EMP weapons/grenades very, very much.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:

zamde wrote:

Sounds like a good idea for instruments too. But since we're in a gadget thread, maybe we can have some area humidifier to warp wooden instruments (although I'd hope a well-designed environment system will handle that if we ever get one).
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject:

quick! we have to topple zamde's reign of terror!

there's nothing wrong with drums of fear in the context of how all pure mental check spells work.

then again, from the looks of things (from a pure yaru perspective), pure mental checks are pretty messed up as a whole (re: pretty much everyone can still be blinded/paralyzed by a chith oracle/mystic/whatever).

wanting drake to create a gadget that counteracts a total of three attacks used in the game is silly, in my mind. i'd rather see a gadget that has a wider scope than "stop zamde from using her insanely high singing/charisma on me in the sparring room."

i like the idea of the cone of silence type deal, though. shut off spells, spellsongs, talking, comms, so on in an area. sweet deal.
Gabriel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:

Actually, I've never been hit by Zamde's drums of fear. Performer spellsongs were an example. And if it shut off spellsongs, it damn well better shut off speech and comms.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Gabriel wrote:
soundless wrote:

Actually, I've never been hit by Zamde's drums of fear. Performer spellsongs were an example. And if it shut off spellsongs, it damn well better shut off speech and comms.

And cyberparts...althought, cyberparts run on personal essence, not on electricity. So maybe just electronic gear and not cyber bits.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Basic Gadget Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: