FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
exceptional hide change (news 4)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » exceptional hide change (news 4)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: exceptional hide change (news 4)

the changes sound fine, but since they're harder to get can their values be looked at please?

i'm just basing that on them becoming more rare. i'd love to pay more for them from trackers and such and, in turn, make more valuable products.

ps: although part of me is pretty sure that this change was the direct result of exceptionally crafted items being flooded into the market. told you guys so. Wink
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: exceptional hide change (news 4)

soundless wrote:
ps: although part of me is pretty sure that this change was the direct result of exceptionally crafted items being flooded into the market. told you guys so. Wink

I was expecting a much different reaction from the GMs. What actually happened is much better.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: exceptional hide change (news 4)

Tylen wrote:
soundless wrote:

I was expecting a much different reaction from the GMs. What actually happened is much better.

what reaction were you expecting? and i'm not sure how this is a 'good' reaction at all. the people who flooded the market are those who don't even see tailoring as a source of income. so they won't even be affected by this.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: exceptional hide change (news 4)

soundless wrote:
and i'm not sure how this is a 'good' reaction at all. the people who flooded the market are those who don't even see tailoring as a source of income. so they won't even be affected by this.

It proves all my microeconomics professors weren't totally full of it.
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Just was wondering why no one but artisans can make exceptional. I can see not being able to make the bigger poundage, but not being able to at all? especially trackers being just under artisans in tailoring.

Thanks!
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject:

One problem I see with this is that we basically traded the market being flooded with exceptional items to one or two people having a monopoly on all the exceptional items.

I also think that others should be capable of making exceptional items, though at a more infrequent rate.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, it really would have been unfair for Trackers to essentially be the most likely to have exceptional skins and also be able to create exceptional quality items. That totally bypasses the need for Artisans altogether. So, I think it's fair that Artisans be the only ones able to create exceptional items. I mean, that's what they're for right? Item Creation.

You guys just need to find a way to not be total bitches to the current highest level Artisan. Sad

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, but I was never being a bitch to anyone. I just asked for an explanation. Sad
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
One problem I see with this is that we basically traded the market being flooded with exceptional items to one or two people having a monopoly on all the exceptional items.

good. that way, it can be treated as a rarity and not the norm.

i don't believe trevor ever intended for everyone and their mother to have exceptional items. whlie i'm obviously grossly biased in my opinion, i think it is better to have a monopoly that has them treat it as an expensive rarity as opposed to a group of people who give them away just to fuck with artisans trying to treat what they do as something special and not just something else to pump out with complete disregard to game balance.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
Sorry, but I was never being a bitch to anyone. I just asked for an explanation. Sad

ps: i'm sorry that you can't tailor them anymore. you really did help me out when i was trying to make a business out of things, and it's a shame that this happened.

keeping that in mind, if you are interested in still selling me pelts and such, and if there is still a market at all left for backpacks and satchels, i'm willing to pay more for them if i know they'll be used for backpacks and satchels.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Just to explain from the dev side of things, the intent is to get a bit of player cooperation going here, not to make any player independent. Trackers can acquire the skins and Artisans can turn them into an item. Non-Trackers can get exceptionals but it's so infrequent as to make it prohibitive to go out and try really.

These changes were intended to give a specific role to these professions and I think those roles have been established.

There is only as much of a monopoly on exceptional items as their are high level Artisans, and anyone can roll up an Artisan.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Inaira, I didn't mean for the bitch comment to be intended toward you. In fact, I even missed your post altogether. I meant it more toward the people that were complaining that Yaru was selling his backpacks at such a premium.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Trevor, I pretty much did figure that was the reason. And, I gave up tailoring awhile ago at the 95 pound backpacks, to try other systems. Wink
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I can't really say which I think is better\worse, one person with a monopoly or the market flooded, both are a bit unfair in my opinion.

I'm not sure if this is how it is set up but a nice balancing factor would be to have easily acquired pelts\hides make items of lesser quality, size etc. And have the quality\size of items and containers get progessively better with the difficulty of the skin.

That would prevent Artisans on 'cashing out' on younger Trackers by having them get exceptional skins of easy to defeat critters. Paying them very little for the hides then turning around and selling their crafted items for 10x what they paid in for materials.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject:

It's a free market. If backpacks are going for $50,000 and (say) Yaru needs 5 pelts, that's $10,000 he's getting from each pelt. If someone thinks getting say $1000 per pelt is too low given that situation, they can ask for more and Yaru can opt to accept or decline that.

It would be nice if the type of pelt affected the results, but I doubt that will happen soon. In the meantime however, it's substantially harder and rarer for a young player, Tracker or otherwise, to get exceptional pelts than a high level Tracker.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » exceptional hide change (news 4)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: