FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Spell/Power Improvements and Changes
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Spell/Power Improvements and Changes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Spell/Power Improvements and Changes

There are a few powers that I think need to really be looked at in their usefulness, but the one that instantly comes to mind is Levitation and it's bigger cousin, Mass Levitation.

Aside from it looking cool when you're sitting and levitating, the only use I see for this power is to help with climbing, which is not a very necessary skill right now unless you need to climb to get into a few of the upper level hunting areas. One thing that I think would make both powers infinitely more useful is the ability to reduce engagement/retreat times. That really wouldn't effect Psionics that don't go into combat, but the power doesn't do much to begin with anyway. That would give people reason to use it other than training or fluff purposes.

Another is Telepathy. There's no doubt that it's useful, but everyone seems to have it, and Comms can do the same thing. Comms need upgrades and repair, that's true, but most people simply use the comms anyway. There needs to be more of a benefit to researching and using Telepathy than simply forgoing repair costs. Also, I think Telepathy should be harder to learn. Give it a prerequisite or something. At the very least, give Psionics some insentive to use it over using comms, since aside from repair and upgrades, there is none. Telepathy should be second nature to Psionics, and currently that's not the case. Maybe the focus and RT costs could vanish later in our career so we can do it as easily as speaking.

Going off of the same line as Telepathy, Mental Link and Mental Bond need some looking at too...but that's simply because everyone seems to know Telepathy, which in turn makes them both very pointless. Unfortunately I have no idea for suggestions to fix them right now.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I say put a level requirement on Telepathy and lower it for Psionics. Maybe 10th for Psionics and 15th for non-Psionics. There's no real in-character way to explain this requirement, but whatever. Either that or put in skill and/or stat reqs. I support the RT and focus cost reductions for Psionics, too.

And I also like the idea of Levitation reducing combat engagement times.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject:

doesn't levitation also give an evasion and acrobatics boost?
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:

No it doesn't. Telekinetic Leap is what does that one.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
soundless wrote:

No it doesn't. Telekinetic Leap is what does that one.

ahhh, that's right. i played a psi so shortly i forgot that silly spell name stuff.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject:

Keep in mind that in the near future there will no longer be spell/power "slots" so you will not be confined to X choices at Y skill.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Spell/Power Improvements and Changes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: