FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
magical weaknesses?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » magical weaknesses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: magical weaknesses?

So, let's start a list here.

Code:
rovogo: ice
gragrok: acid

i'm not sure if mamarjuk are weak against lightning or if i just hit them hard considering i'm over twice their level.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject:

If we have a certain skill will we ever be able to see what the critters are weak against or will it just be a testing kind of thing?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject:

i'd love for a scan like thing (I can see techs making little analyizers, medics just knowing anatomy, and/or psionics having a scan like spell...), but right now i'm going off what does the most damage from what i see.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i'd love for a scan like thing (I can see techs making little analyizers, medics just knowing anatomy, and/or psionics having a scan like spell...), but right now i'm going off what does the most damage from what i see.

I think I suggested that a while ago but someone said it sounded too much like a 'poke-dex' from the English version of Pokemon. Hehe. Still be fun though.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
soundless wrote:

I think I suggested that a while ago but someone said it sounded too much like a 'poke-dex' from the English version of Pokemon. Hehe. Still be fun though.

::puts thread back on track::

regardless of that stuff, anyone care to add to this list of cirtter weaknesses?
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Lightning bolt just hits really hard. I think it'd be a bit hard to judge things that are weak to electricity simply by that spell alone. Since there aren't really any other electricity spells, that'll be quite hard. I think Pulse weapons deal electric damage, but I'm not even 30% certain that's even remotely true.

By the same token, the current Psionic attack powers do the same types of damage as weapons...that being slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning damage. I would add in my thoughts on creature weaknesses to those various spells, but of the three I still only have Piercing Stare, which seems to be effective against everything. Laughing
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I think I suggested that a while ago but someone said it sounded too much like a 'poke-dex' from the English version of Pokemon.

It sounds closer to the 'Scan' spell in Final Fantasy. HP/MP, Immunity/Weakness/Strength, etc.

Wish I could add to the list. Perhaps I'll do some poking around with guards, later. I'm betting the getok hounds(? ones on the volcano) are immune/strong vs. fire, though.

-Chris
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Psionics:

Psychic Hammer: Blunt damage

Spirit Slash: Slashing damage

Piercing Gaze: Piercing damage

Rime Cloud: Cold damage(seems more designed to sap vitality than cause much physical damage, though. Or perhaps that's the intended nature of 'cold' attacks?)

Spontaneous Combustion: Fire damage

Our bases are fairly well covered, for this sort of test. Wink

-Chris
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Wish I could add to the list. Perhaps I'll do some poking around with guards, later. I'm betting the getok hounds(? ones on the volcano) are immune/strong vs. fire, though.

I know that incidiary bolts don't work well on them, that's all I can tell ya.
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:

I was planning to implement something along these lines in the somewhat near future. Of course, the chances of it being available to everyone are relatively small.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » magical weaknesses?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: