FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stuff!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stuff!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Stuff!

~ Agenty goodness and then some ~

After speaking with a few other Agents, I decided to suggest/post some of the things we came up with in hope that most will be released someday. I’m sure some of these things have come up before, but here goes nothing...

First off, a few more stealth attacks.

DISARM - Critters with weapons not treating you nicely? Well, with this attack that shouldn’t be a problem once that critter is disarmed and their weapon lay out of reach.

- The ability to knock the weapon from someone’s hand. Probably only useable on critters, so that weapon stealing doesn’t become a problem between players. -

BACKSTAB - What’s that stuck in your back? Oh yeah, it’s a dagger. Sucks to be you. When you feel a sharp pain go down you back, but reach back to find nothing there, you’ll know you’ve been backstabbed. You try to call out for help but find yourself stunned and speechless.

FLAW/VITAL - Armor? What armor? With this attack you’ll be able to find weak points in armor and vital parts on the body.

SNIPE - Are you sneaky? Like playing with guns? Want to hurt someone without them knowing it was you? Then snipe is the attack for you! But be careful, using this attack too much in one area may give away your hiding spot.

- Shooting from hiding, the more you do it, the more likely you are to be revealed. Possibly the last attack to be learned since it’s a way of attacking someone without them knowing it’s you. -

GARROTE/ABDUCT - Does your target have a bodyguard, or maybe a few friends to back them up? With some rope or wire this can be solved easily. Just sneak up on your target, wrap the rope or wire around their neck and drag them to a less populated area. While they catch their breath, you finish the job.

- The ability to drag someone off, while hurting them some. Possibly dragging them two to three rooms away. Also, the ability for the victim to be able to BREAK free from their attackers grasp. -

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Next up, traps. I was told Agents and Trackers are supposedly going to be able to set traps eventually, so here are a few ideas.

Agents:

TRIP WIRE - Plain and simple or rigged with something deadly. Better watch where you step, Agents with enough skill can arm trip wires with a variety of things. Small explosives, smoke bombs, flash bombs, gas bombs, and other sorts of things.

- Also available to Trackers, but them being able to rig falling logs, impaling spikes, and other things -

SCRAP TRAP - Got a bunch of useless crap? Why not put it all together to make a shrapnel-type trap? Who couldn’t love random things thrown together to make a trap? Well, maybe your victims, but who cares what they like. You’ll have a good laugh when you notice a fork sticking out of one of their thighs.

- The ability to make a trap out of certain useless objects found in loot or other things. Also available to Trackers, but theirs being more outdoors-like. -

DECOY - A good friend takes a bullet for you, a decoy takes more than a bullet for you. Well, if you’re skilled enough that is, the more skilled you are the better your decoy will look. But they only take so much of a beating before crapping out.

- Also available to Trackers -

Trackers:

PITS - Big ones, small ones, some filled with all kinds of things. If you have the time to dig one, pits can be very affective. Especially when filled with stakes, tar, or even deadly creatures. Hope you can climb out quickly before the Trackers pet sshliss gets you.

Mercenaries and Troopers:

NET - Want to make a bounty or arrest less messy? Just capture your target in a well placed net trap and drag them to where you need them. Although, they have a chance of BREAKing free from the net if you’re not skilled enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, a few ideas for the Agent shop. Stealing a few from the other thread about it.

- New lockpicking kits. Thigh or wrist worn.

- Stealthy clothing.

- Containers: Small, compact, lightweight packs, loot bags, stash bags - that don’t show up when you’re looked at - hidden sheaths, poison and equipment pouches.

- Daggers that can be converted into thrown or bladed.

- Guns: Sniper rifles and pistols.

- Equipment: Thievery items, flash, gas, and smoke bombs, oil flasks, blinding powder, gun silencers, and listening devices. - that allow you to listen to conversation from a distance -

- Blunt weapons: Blackjacks, billy clubs, and nightsticks.

Catalogue example for the blunt weapons:

Code:
[Llanfair Alleyway, Agents ‘R Us.]
The room is cloaked in darkness, the only light source is a small over-head light which seems to be out of service, except for the occasional flicker. Although you can’t see his face, you feel the gaze of the clerk watching you closely as you step cautiously through the room. Moving deeper into the room, your eyes begin to adjust to the darkness and you gaze around noticing what look to be wanted posters along the walls of the room, as if they were trophies of some sort.

You also see (a trap door) a counter with a catalogue on it, a cloaked clerk, and a steel door.
You notice an exit leading out.
>read catalogue
Blackjacks, billy clubs, and nightsticks
------------------------------------------------         
  Page 1: Colors

Page 2: Material Types

Page 3: Weapon Types

Page 4: Custom Styles

>read page 3
You flip to page 3...

Weapon Types

Blackjack
  Billy club
  Nightstick

Custom materials available on page 2. Custom styles available on page 4.
>read page 1
You flip to page 1...

Colors

Grey
  Silver
  Silvery-blue 
  Ebony
  Black
  Jet black
  Blue-black 
  Crimson
  Midnight-blue
  Emerald 
  Forest-green
  Dark gold
  Russet
  Brown

Custom materials available on page 2. Custom styles available on page 4.
>read page 2
You flip to page 2...

Material Types

Steel
  Vyeftium
  Vellian
  Silferton
  Drachna
  Nilferton
  Saifbraelsh
  Gaoun
  Grom
  Haeleio

Custom styles available on page 4.
>read page 4
You flip to page 4...

Custom Styles

Bone-handled
  Spiked
  Studded
  Polished
  Rubber gripped

Custom materials available on page 2.
>buy polished black blackjack
A polished black steel blackjack would cost you $10,800. (y/n)
yes
You purchase a polished black steel blackjack for $10,800 in credits.
>

I know some of these things call for unreleased stuff, but they're just ideas. And with all that said, I'm done. For now at least. There will be more to come, I think.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the long assembly of ideas. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject:

Don't forget a roster!
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:

loving it but if you actually go with agents r us Im seriously going to have to hurt somone

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject:

make the items agent only Smile
maybe have an attack for the weapons that could help rping real agenty dirty fighting.Like for saps one that could be coded similiar to the second learned attack.A nightstick could have some kind of sweeplike manuver.
Maybe have the store located in the underground with an entrance only Agents can get in, a dented steel door with a jaddan doorman.
Any suggestion for names Stills? :p
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject:

The only things....lockpicking is not agent only... Technicians are security experts too. Also, agents aren't thieves. My idea of an agent doesn't backstab...just evil type people do. And I don't think that Agents are evil in the serial killer aspect....they're just devious because they're clever and do some things that don't exactly fit in with what's 'right' and 'just'. Here, I see agents as being classy and spy-like, not like a classic D&D thief.

Also, I see agents more of the disarming part of security and techs more as the security system builders and the bomb makers. It takes technical know-how to make that sorta stuff and it takes disarming skill to get through it.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:

>skill steal

Skill sheet for Vyrath Kartklin:

Stealing 0 (3)

We're not thieves at all! bomb building i can understand techs being involved for things like timed explosives or remote explosives
but things like trip wires or sharks with lasers on their heads are clearly
Agent territory
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:

Agents already have "backstab", it's called AMBUSH. Agents are essentially the thief class of Haelrahv. You can also think of them as something likened to a special agent, assassin, sabateur, etc - but not sponsored by the government.

Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Agents already have "backstab", it's called AMBUSH. Agents are essentially the thief class of Haelrahv. You can also think of them as something likened to a special agent, assassin, sabateur, etc - but not sponsored by the government.

Aww. I thought agents were cooler then thieves. I think they should be. I see them as more mysterious then thiefy.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:

What precludes a thief from being mysterious? BTW. I didn't mean to imply agents are thieves. Rather, they have the skillset most appropriate to thievery if they were to choose to be a thief. Whether or not to take part in specific activities remains a personal choice, and you could well have an agent who doesn't engage in petty theft for his own reasons.

Back to top »
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject:

math equations of an agenty nature

ambush<backstab

in english
ambush is to backstab as .22 is to 50 cal

in FRENCH
ambush is le suck!

<3 Marduk for SNIPE! even though i cant use it yet
looks cool for everyone else
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject:

Everyone has their own view of agents, just go look at the poll thingy about it, and you'll see. They could be thieves, or assassins, or even government trained agent types that your thinking of Kit. I've seen people do that too. Anyway, those are some good ideas Daed. What would be cool for the store, if you couldn't see the entrance to the store in the description, and you had to have a certain amount of streetwise to find the entrance. And make it some weird entrance name, so it's harder to just randomly guess it.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
The only things....lockpicking is not agent only... Technicians are security experts too. Also, agents aren't thieves. My idea of an agent doesn't backstab...just evil type people do. And I don't think that Agents are evil in the serial killer aspect....they're just devious because they're clever and do some things that don't exactly fit in with what's 'right' and 'just'. Here, I see agents as being classy and spy-like, not like a classic D&D thief.

Also, I see agents more of the disarming part of security and techs more as the security system builders and the bomb makers. It takes technical know-how to make that sorta stuff and it takes disarming skill to get through it.

Trying not to repeat most of what Trevor said...

The way I see it, bascially Agent = Thief... to an extent and once stealing is released, I think anyone has the right to claim to be a thief. So, saying Agents aren't thieves is a matter of how someone plays their Agent. They're sneaky, secretive, and know the streets well... sounds like a thief to me. Professions mean nothing to me anyways, and I usually claim not to have one. So it doesn't really matter how you see a certain profession.

As for Technicians being bomb makers, I'd rather not have to seek help from another profession to have equipment made or things I need for a trap. I'd rather be taught by Hyas how to make the trap and have the things I need for it to be purchasable. And who says it takes technical know-how to make a bomb or a security system? Maybe a high-tech one, yes. But there is a large variety of contraptions you can make and call a security system that don't call for technical know-how, same with bombs.

Warner wrote:
Maybe have the store located in the underground with an entrance only Agents can get in, a dented steel door with a jaddan doorman.

What I was thinking for the entrance, was having it in Hyas' alleyway, but that'll limit access to it for smaller Agents who have yet been told to further their training with Hyas. But then again, that may be a good thing.

HR-Trevor wrote:
Agents already have "backstab", it's called AMBUSH

This I'm aware of. But the way it's set up, is it's a slash and it doesn't target the back. I wouldn't like this changed, but I would like to have backstab released, even if it isn't that much different from the ambush we already have. In general, I just want to see more stealth attacks.

Also, is there a chance of getting the messaging for hamstring changed?

Code:
You leap out of your hiding place and catch a chith by surprise!
You catch a chith behind the knee, cleanly hamstringing him.
A chith is completely dazed by the attack!
A chith reels and falls flat on his back!
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
Roundtime: 5 sec.

When using it, you attack low. The way I picture it, is you either crouch up on the target or tumble out and slash low. Instead you leap out for all the attacks. I think it would matter on what type of weapon you’re using to decide the way you come out and attack, but that may be getting too far into things. What I’d also like to see done with ambush, is being able to slip back into hiding after attacking. Not that there is anything wrong with the way things are, they’re great, but I’m just giving my thoughts on a few things.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
Anyway, those are some good ideas Daed. What would be cool for the store, if you couldn't see the entrance to the store in the description, and you had to have a certain amount of streetwise to find the entrance. And make it some weird entrance name, so it's harder to just randomly guess it.

Dae or Daedalus, please.

And a hidden entrance wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Or more than one entrance for that matter. A group of tunnels all throughout town that lead to the shop or the black market area. Could be useful for a good hideaway spot. Tunnels that also lead out of town, but being open to anyone with enough skill to see them. In case you need an easy getaway and the main exits of town are being guarded.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject:

[quote="Daedalus"]
Kit wrote:
Professions mean nothing to me anyways, and I usually claim not to have one. So it doesn't really matter how you see a certain profession.

i agree completely, heh. yaru's more a student type. it just makes more sense for him to be an artisan than, say, a 'crat. if he was older, i'd say 'crat would be right for him if he was a student.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stuff!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: