FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
A way to empty out boxes
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » A way to empty out boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: A way to empty out boxes

I don't know about the rest of you, but repetitive typing makes my fingers hurt. I have scripts for most things...but emptying boxes is hard.

Could we maybe get a way to DUMP <box> INTO <container> ?

I wouldn't mind a little roundtime for it. It would also collect the cash for you.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject:

A+ for this suggestion.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A way to empty out boxes

Kit wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but repetitive typing makes my fingers hurt. I have scripts for most things...but emptying boxes is hard.

Yes, lets play a text-based game where everything you do involves typing and then go and complain about typing too much hurts your fingers. Stop being lazy, if it's too much of a hassle then don't bother with it.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A way to empty out boxes

Kit wrote:

Could we maybe get a way to DUMP <box> INTO <container> ?

I wouldn't mind a little roundtime for it. It would also collect the cash for you.

I don't know that I'll have time to do this immediately, but it is a very good idea. Not only would it save on typing, but it would save immensely on scroll to have a DUMP <container> into <container>.

In other words, if no other GM has the time to code this now, I'll get to it as soon as I can (After NPC healing is released).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject:

It'd be cool if you could put in a way to move all of one item from one container to another. But if not, I'll just stick with...

Code:
#move.Cmd

Start:
put get %1 from %2
put get %1 from %2
match next You get
match start ...
match end Get what?
matchwait

Next:
put put %1 in %3
put put %1 in %3
match start You put
match next ...
matchwait

End:
echo
echo **********
echo ** Done **
echo **********

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: A way to empty out boxes

Daedalus wrote:
Kit wrote:

Yes, lets play a text-based game where everything you do involves typing and then go and complain about typing too much hurts your fingers. Stop being lazy, if it's too much of a hassle then don't bother with it.

Well, at least I'm not alone in this thought. Thanks Faith!

Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: A way to empty out boxes

Kit wrote:
Daedalus wrote:
Kit wrote:

Well, at least I'm not alone in this thought. Thanks Faith!

Put me on the list of supporting anything reducing excess typing, Daed's player is obviously very young and invinsible. Wink But I'm not.
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I didn't say it was a bad idea, I'm all for it. I just think it is stupid to complain about typing when you play a game like this one. To me, scripts aren't always the easy way out and I rarely use them. And the way you suggested it, Kit. -dump <box> into <container>- Just makes it so you have to go through that container later on to discard all the worthless crap you tossed in there from boxes. Then again, you'll probably just make a script for that. So yeah, nevermind.

Okay, just read your other suggestion about brokering pawnable goods. You just want everything to be easy, don't you? Hell, why not suggest having boxes already unlocked when found and swords that slash by themselves? Oh, oh! Or critters that search themselves after dying!
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject:

Daedalus wrote:
I didn't say it was a bad idea, I'm all for it. I just think it is stupid to complain about typing when you play a game like this one. To me, scripts aren't always the easy way out and I rarely use them. And the way you suggested it, Kit. -dump <box> into <container>- Just makes it so you have to go through that container later on to discard all the worthless crap you tossed in there from boxes. Then again, you'll probably just make a script for that. So yeah, nevermind.

Okay, just read your other suggestion about brokering pawnable goods. You just want everything to be easy, don't you? Hell, why not suggest having boxes already unlocked when found and swords that slash by themselves? Oh, oh! Or critters that search themselves after dying!

One, jeez dude, what did I ever do to you?

Two, what I probably would do it dump it all into a fifty pound box, sell what I wanted and discard all the rest of the worthless stuff.

Three, I have a disarming script that works pretty well...so I can play sims 2 when I do boxes.

Four, I have a hunting script that gets my weapons, aims, fires, and searches when they die. Again....so I can either chat when I'm hunting with a hunting partner or RP on IMs or watch downloaded anime...

I like to multi task.

I don't play roleplaying text games like this one for the repetative typing, for the picking boxes, for the hunting. I play for the roleplay. I like to script everything because then I can always concentrate on roleplay, not on typing aim warrior, fire, aim warrior, fire, aim warrior, fire, search warrior a hundred times.

So, you play this roleplaying game to type a lot. And I'll play this roleplaying game to roleplay.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
[I play for the roleplay.

well you shouldn't probably roleplay on IMs, then! Razz

but yeah, i'm a script heavy player as well. i don't like to type things a lot. i wouldn't use the dump thing for boxes, but i might want to do that when moving a ton of ingots from myself to the crucible, or when moving hides from one tanning drum to the soaking vat, or whatever. it is also a lot better to see "bob dumps x into y" than a scroll of "bob gets a blah. bob puts it in blah."
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
One, jeez dude, what did I ever do to you?

Nothing.

Kit wrote:
Two, what I probably would do it dump it all into a fifty pound box, sell what I wanted and discard all the rest of the worthless stuff.

Figured as much.

Kit wrote:
Three, I have a disarming script that works pretty well...so I can play sims 2 when I do boxes.

Good for you.

Kit wrote:
Four, I have a hunting script that gets my weapons, aims, fires, and searches when they die. Again....so I can either chat when I'm hunting with a hunting partner or RP on IMs or watch downloaded anime...

I like to multi task.

I don't play roleplaying text games like this one for the repetative typing, for the picking boxes, for the hunting. I play for the roleplay. I like to script everything because then I can always concentrate on roleplay, not on typing aim warrior, fire, aim warrior, fire, aim warrior, fire, search warrior a hundred times.

Most everything you do... hunting, foraging, etc... Is part of the roleplay. First you say you have a hunting script to chat/watch downloaded anime, then you say you use scripts so you can concentrate on the RP instead. How can you concentrate on the RP if you're watching anime or roleplaying in IMs?

Kit wrote:
So, you play this roleplaying game to type a lot. And I'll play this roleplaying game to roleplay.

Not once did I say I played it for the typing, I play for fun. Because thats why you play games, for fun.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject:

i'm going to probably feel dirty after saying this and require breaking out the bottle of 151 i got stored away for a rainy day, but i'm curious why the hell you're ripping into kit's player so much on this thread.

honestly, i'm not sure where the source of the rage in this thread is coming from. i like the idea of a dump verb, personally, because i think it's obnoxious to have to scroll so much crap when transfering things from one container to another. i probably wouldn't use the dump verb for what kit wants to use it for (lugging around junk would be fatal for yaru), but i'm not sure how it's lazy to want it.

as someone who types a lot and uses a lot of computer stuff for school/work/etc, i can see why it might not be a thrill to type the same commands over and over. i'd rather save my wrists for roleplay than typing 'prep f w / cast beetle / search beetle' over and over. part of it may be laziness, but another part is that i'd rather not kill myself typing so many commands over and over in order to accomplish things.
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
roleplaying in IMs?

Unfortunately, there's not a great deal of roleplay in HR (though Beau does help allievate my need for good RP when he's around)...and it's more rich to roleplay -- more like write a short story then roleplay -- on AIM.

soundless wrote:
i'm going to probably feel dirty after saying this and require breaking out the bottle of 151 i got stored away for a rainy day, but i'm curious why the hell you're ripping into kit's player so much on this thread.

Now you just gotta ask yourself why you do it to me on every other thread. ^.^

soundless wrote:
i probably wouldn't use the dump verb for what kit wants to use it for (lugging around junk would be fatal for yaru), but i'm not sure how it's lazy to want it.

Thank Drake for droid storage. Kit can stay unencumbered and just have the trusty droid tote around all his stuff...that's the main reason I've stayed a tech -- well, Drake's promised gadgets may come out 'soon.' I gues found out anyone with repair can fix cybergear...so really it;s just droids and comm repairs that are useful.

Technically, the DUMP idea wouldn't be that useful for me...I seperate things into pawnable goods in my droid, brokerable goods in my satchel, crushables in my mortar, and ingots in one of the pockets on my trench-o-doom. However, moving all the things from one container to another could come in handy in other ways, as Yaru pointed out.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject:

How much can the MADs hold?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject:

I smell more script checks coming!!!

I would also like to add you dont need a GM to create an RP scenario for you. Personally I feel the best RP is the day to day stuff, the little things that create your personality in game.

I never understood script hunting though, I realise ALOT of people do it but for some reason I am just incapable of sitting back and watching the computer do it for me. Yet I have no problem whatsoever with scripting foraging, which is really the only thing I script.

Still

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » A way to empty out boxes
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: