FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
chith (and possibly borkin) request
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » chith (and possibly borkin) request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: chith (and possibly borkin) request

i like how the nowbi have boss-type critters (champions) that sometimes come to defend the week.

it would be cool if there was a boss type creatire for the chith and borkin.

for the chith, maybe a chieftain-type creature. have it spawn with some random chith type creatures. also give it the ability to call for aid or something. maybe even have them set to protect the chieftain ala the trooper ability.

for the borkin, maybe a mystic of ilifai (sp?) that continues to keep the borkin in their nice and demented evil state.

it would be nice to have a boss type creature to find/fear/hunt in those areas. maybe even give them a better chance to drop special items. or maybe the opportunity to skin them or something and get a random prize or reward from a bounty hunter or something.

this came from learning of how nowbi champions randomly come to help out the weaker ones, and then that ruga'sshliss (sp?) that lives with the normal sshliss. heck, and then there's big old thekko, too.
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject:

I thought the champions just spawned in the same area..is there a separate champion-only area? I thought the Ruga' Sshliss was in a different room from the rest of the sshliss, too.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:

still, the idea of there being boss type critters is cool. the idea of stumbling upon one is even cooler.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, champions just pop up in the jungle around the village; there's no real rhyme or reason. And Thekko just sort of lives up there. I've got half a text-file of Echak critter ecology somewhere that actually makes an attempt at explaining the why and how behind the indigenous stuff... I'll see if I can find and finish it.

Getok hounds, though, ARE an exception. When you see one do that howling to the brethern message thing, it really is calling more hounds for assistance because they prefer to attack in packs.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject:

so how about the idea of these lesser bosses, though? i want to kill off some super chith and borkins, since i can't really handle the larger boss types yet.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Getok hounds, though, ARE an exception. When you see one do that howling to the brethern message thing, it really is calling more hounds for assistance because they prefer to attack in packs.

I so hope to see more smart critters like the getok hounds come out. I'm still dreaming of the day that I see buddy critters pulling each other up. As in, I sweep one and another in the room pulls him up, like players can for each other.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Be careful what you wish for. I like creating critters that fight as dirty (and/or cunningly) as players.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject:

honestly, while i'd possibly end up underhunting the smart critters, i'd have more fun having a tough fight that results in some nice treasure than mindlessly blowing through critters for tons of stuff.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I realize that Mickey. I've dealt with a lot of your sick mind in the past year. Freaking champions. But I do wish for it. If we die, we die, it's the challenge that I want, not some mindless easy ass critters. Make them as smart as the players! Errr maybe not quite as smart. har!
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I vote for tank creatures. Essentially huntable level 100 Troopers.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject:

tanks? then let me really use incendiary bolts, or better yet, Greek fire.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject:

yay for the anti-armor ag9 rounds!
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject:

I'm all for smarter critters but I'd like to see an engagement system before anything else really. That's the main reason I don't hunt anymore. It's too easy to get killed even if you're high level\highly skilled.

When I say too easy to get killed I don't mean I'm bitching about it. . .usually when you get killed you rarely get a chance to retreat(technically you CAN'T retreat, I mean leave the room) and regroup, it's stun then a few seconds later death. That's just my opinion and experience with it all hunting Kuchos and Nowbi. Kuchos use pummel which makes them more dangerous than most other things. Nowbi are usually grouped together in rooms and if you find one alone more usually come while you're fighting it.

There is no engagement time so critter walks into the room and bam it can start attacking you immediately. I'll start hunting again once combat becomes a bit more fair for the PC's.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject:

When I said tank creatures, I meant heavily armored ones. I couldn't tell if you were hinting at being able to chip away at a machine or not, Sorkaa.

By the way, mechanized huntables wouldn't be a bad idea either. Haha, that'd rock. Attack of the Furbies, anyone?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:

Code:
A koru hunter gives a shrill cry, probably calling his band.

Would it be possible to do something like that with the hunters? Since they are organized hunters, I'm sure they'd like to hunt in numbers and I wouldn't mind having a swarm of them coming to their deaths. Or do something like the does and bucks, when a doe is being attacked a buck will get angry and begin to attack the does attacker?

TheTrackerChick wrote:
Make them as smart as the players! Errr maybe not quite as smart. har!

Have you taken a close look at some of the people in Haelrahv? I mean... critters are already smarter than some of the players.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » chith (and possibly borkin) request
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: