Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Upcoming Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Upcoming Changes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Cybernetic surgery doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal. All you're doing is removing body parts and replacing them with machines. You have to be careful not to fuck something else up, but that's why you start learning general surgery first.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Septamus wrote:
I'm just a young medic who loves the idea that I don't have to kill things to progress in life. I fully understand the need to move the ability to revive to a higher level, but, surely surgery and cybersurgery is far more difficult to master than a small grey box which can produce variable electrical charges and a couple of paddles? I have the disadvantage of having been a R/L Psychiatric Nurse and therefore a tad blinkered and biased.

This is why NPC healing will be rolled out with the requirement changes. There are (currently) 3 rooms in Llanfair's ER and 2 in Chodaku's ER (not open yet) which will be for the sole purpose of Medics healing NPC patients - to learn (and earn) without having to hunt/forage/etc.

Dante wrote:
I'm not a medic, but I'm anxiously awaiting these changes Faith. Smile I think some of them, mainly the cardiostimulator level change is a bit overdue.

Thank you.

Dante wrote:
Though I have to agree with the previous poster on one point: I think the cyber surgery level requirement should be higher than the cardiosimulator requirement. My reasoning for that is that once a medic is able to fully understand the natural body enough to revive it from death, they should then be able to start on learning how to augment it.

As for the changes RE cardios, from a RL perspective, yes, Septamus is correct. A paramedic knows how to use paddles but has no idea how to do heart surgery. However, from a gameplay perspective, death (and potential loss of memory, etc.) should be more important than getting that cybersocket installed where your hand currently is.

Septamus wrote:
When we get the cybersurgery, who fixes any breakdowns or malfunctions? Can Medics learn enough basic repair to fix emitters and regen units?

No, it is intended that Technicians be the repair people. I am considering making an (expensive) alternative NPC repair person, similar to the alternative NPC cyber repair person, but Medics (and other professions) will not be able to repair medical equipment. That would be like other professions being able to use medical equipment...not going to happen.

Septamus wrote:
P.S Is there a time frame for these introductions?
Smile

Number one on my list, I expect most, if not all, of those changes rolled out over the next 2-3 weeks, and NPC healing released within that time frame also. This is barring any RL circumstances, of course. I really can't give more time frames than that (and I'm not willing to tell you guys 'soon'). I'll update as each project comes close to fruition or if, for some reason, my priorities change.

Brokyn wrote:
Cybernetic surgery doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal. All you're doing is removing body parts and replacing them with machines. You have to be careful not to fuck something else up, but that's why you start learning general surgery first.

That's pretty much it. You cut off the appendage, staunch the blood flow, and attach the socket. As for cyberwear, currently anyone with enough skill can repair it (Cyberwear is a system created by Morrigan, I'm unsure what, if any, of her future plans for this system are.) Cybernetic Surgery simply means Medics will finally be able to do what the Cybernetic Surgery Hospital has been doing since cybergear was released...not that Medics will be creating/reparing cybergear.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, Riwa will be losing revive abilities (19th right now), but I have to say that I have no complaints. I think it makes far more sense for it to be higher level, I always thought 10th was too low.

I'm looking forward to all of the changes and new things, I now have something to look forward to obtaining every 5 - 15 levels all the way through 100th, instead of being able to do everything by 15th.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Curious: do you plan on doing away with the NPC cybergear installation room when you rollout the respective surgery system? Or, in the very least, bumping the price up a bit?

Also, is it too early to question you on how you invision surgery to work? Like, will Medics need a sterile operating room to achieve optimal results while, at the same, they'll be able to do surgeries out in the field but with the potential to introduce infection/disease?

Oh, to be able to perform a trachaetomy in Cloud Court! I'd reallocate my Bureaucrat into a Medic just for that. Very Happy

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Oh, to be able to perform a trachaetomy in Cloud Court! I'd reallocate my Bureaucrat into a Medic just for that.

Dude, you're giving away your secret identity.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Hm, perhaps. But nobody's figured it out yet (save for those that I've told, of course).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Curious: do you plan on doing away with the NPC cybergear installation room when you rollout the respective surgery system? Or, in the very least, bumping the price up a bit?

Also, is it too early to question you on how you invision surgery to work? Like, will Medics need a sterile operating room to achieve optimal results while, at the same, they'll be able to do surgeries out in the field but with the potential to introduce infection/disease?

Oh, to be able to perform a trachaetomy in Cloud Court! I'd reallocate my Bureaucrat into a Medic just for that. Very Happy

--William

I'll need to talk it over with Morrigan of course, but IMO, while I don't think the surgery wing should disappear, I do think the charges for the surgery should be increased quite a bit, once Medics can do it. NPC 'workers' (healers, repairmen, etc.) should be a last resort type of thing, not your first choice.

Envisioning surgery, well yes, there will (eventually) be a higher risk of infection in the field (just like there will be a potential risk of various infections just from external wounds). However, since surgery is currently fifth on my list of things to do and medicines/remedies aren't until eighth, disease and illness is irrelevant at this time.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject:

A+.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:

--William

There is no price for the surgery at all. I'd prefer (personal opinion only) the cyberclinic to still be open, actually.
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Brokyn wrote:

--William

There is no price for the surgery at all. I'd prefer (personal opinion only) the cyberclinic to still be open, actually.

>look sheet
JOIN or SIGN to add your name, LEAVE or ERASE to remove your name.
We strongly recommend purchasing your cyberware before having sockets implanted.
Socket implantation : $2,000.

I also replied stating I didn't think the wing should close, just cost more than it currently does.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I just don't enjoy NPCs that are able to do the job of PCs that've trained hard enough to gain certain abilities. But I do understand that games do need them for certain things.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Two weeks ago I got my last arm done...there was no charge. Is this new? Does the money actually come out of your account? It might have to get checked. And the sheet never said there was a charge when I looked.

Techs get it done for free?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Two weeks ago I got my last arm done...there was no charge. Is this new? Does the money actually come out of your account? It might have to get checked. And the sheet never said there was a charge when I looked.

it's not free. the clinic probably charged from your account and didn't take your on hand money.
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I just don't enjoy NPCs that are able to do the job of PCs that've trained hard enough to gain certain abilities. But I do understand that games do need them for certain things.

I prefer to not have them either, however, from a gameplay perspective, especially with a small player base like we currently have, they are necessary. I do intend to make them (at least the ones I have some say over), as I said, more expensive so they will be more of a last resort type of thing, not first choice.

Kit wrote:

To my knowledge, there has always been a charge (for Techs too) as long as I have been a GM. Typically, most places which accept credits will charge your account first, and only take on-hand cash if you don't have enough in your account.

Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject:

Let me state first that all I have read so far is the initial post so if I touch on something that has been addressed I am sorry

I love the raise of level req. for reviving

I however think that hospitals not healing all and body decay is unreasonable at this stage of the game.

1. its very hard to find a medic as it is
2. if you do find a medic you generally have to find a tech too because equipment degrades so fast
3. at the level req. now again its hard to find a medic, even harder to find one that can raise. the whole body decay thing in this current version of the game is a bad idea

Now I think all these are a good ideas for the live game when we have multiple people of each proffesion around on a regular basis

Still

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Upcoming Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: