FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
....fark me.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » ....fark me.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: ....fark me.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41977

To steal from the fark.com headline: Weis and Hickman surrender.

To steal from a friend: That dude is severely fucked in the head.

-Chris, practicing theft, today
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject:

That's a bit unfair. Demanding that Evolutionists call in and explain their belief begs the assumption that they're listening to a show about Creationism in the first place. That'd be like a Satanist radio show inviting Christian listeners to call in. Or Rush Limbaugh asking for a listener with half an ounce of common sense to call him.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I'd state my opinions as to why I think this guy is a complete imbecile, but I'd probably offend a number of people in the process.

However, people will believe what they want to believe over what makes the most sense 90% of the time. Especially when they think they have an eternal extra life attached that's riding upon it.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject:

Joseph Farah wrote:
Evolutionists have put the cart before the horse. They start out with a theory, then ignore all the facts that contradict the theory. Any observation that might call into question their assumptions is discounted, ridiculed and covered up.

Teehee. The irony makes me giggle.
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I'd state my opinions as to why I think this guy is a complete imbecile, but I'd probably offend a number of people in the process.

I'm right there with you. Rolling Eyes

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
HR-Trevor wrote:

I'm right there with you. Rolling Eyes

And yet, America elected a creationist as a president. Ho hum.
 Back to top »
maddie

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject:

Screw evolution. Most of the people who buy into that also believe in the Big Bang

My Big Bang theory? God spoke the word and BANG it happened.

And the whole we-came-from-monkeys BS? I suppose I could see it applying to certain people, but I did not come from monkeys.

Just putting in my 2 cents.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject:

maddie wrote:
Screw evolution. Most of the people who buy into that also believe in the Big Bang

My Big Bang theory? God spoke the word and BANG it happened.

And the whole we-came-from-monkeys BS? I suppose I could see it applying to certain people, but I did not come from monkeys.

Just putting in my 2 cents.

;.; Man. I think evolution might stop being a theory sometime soon. They've found too many common ancestors between apes and humans to really say that humans and apes did not evolve from the same strand somewhere along the cladegram. I don't see how people could look at A. Aferensis -- I can't remember how to spell it, it's been two years since I took my human evolution class -- and not say: That's an early human...but it still looks like a great ape.

'God' didn't just make a lot of things and decide that 'he' got tired of thinking up new ways for them to look....so he made stuff that looked in varying degrees like each other.

I think this is a bad topic to get started on...now that I have gotten started on it. But I really can't see how intelligent people could not believe evidence for evolution and then say that some unknown force created everything to be linked together....

And humans didn't come from monkeys. They came from a cladogenesis that seperated prosiminians, old and new world monkeys, lesser and great apes, and humans. Apes and monkeys are about as genetically similiar as apes and humans. And prosimians are really very distant.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject:

There was this really really funny creationist website for kids about a lamb named Lambuel, his vegitarian T-Rex friend, and his love interest who was a female lion....

http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

The website was evidently taken down by its servers...which makes me sad. I don't know if it was a joke, or if it was real, but I really did find the site to be amusing. There was Hopposai the KangaJew...and elephant heathan that would never be saved, Mr. Grump the aethist...Man. It was funny.

Anyhow, here's a page about it you might all find amusing: http://www.lies.com/wp/2004/11/18/lambuel-shares-the-love/

And they have a cafepress store too.

http://www.cafepress.com/objectivemin/
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject:

Religion != History.

That's all I'll say.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
But I really can't see how intelligent people could not believe

See my previous post. What people "feel" is right or what they really want to believe in will usually outgun in their minds even the best physical evidence.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject:

all goes back to chicken or egg which came first?

who cares they taste real good however they are cooked Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject:

i've always been baffled that people make no effort to just combine the two viewpoints together.

do i believe in evolution? yep.

do i, as a scientific person, believe that a lot of shit had to be perfectly calibrated in me for me to be alive at all? yep.

so, while there's a bunch of scientific stuff that goes on, the fact that all that calibration went on just right so i can function at all makes me believe there's some kind of higher amorphous blob or another who put the things in motion.
tanisloray
PSYCHOTIC LIGHT!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject:

Now, this is a funny fact....at least I think it's funny.

The Catholic Church does not discount any creation theories. Be it evolution, big ban or whatever. If God wanted to make a Big Bang to create the world, he could have done it!

As for evolution, the theory here is simple. It says that God took dirt and created man from it.

"Dirt" could have been anything. It could very well have been, a monkey. The only fact that must be considered is that once God put a soul into the monkey, it was no longer a monkey, but a human being.

....and there are two different creation stories in the bible. One is Adam and Eve and the other one, which you don't hear about much, is the world being born out of the side of a huge monster.

Go figure.

Hannah Channing suddenly appears from thin air!
>
Hannah Channing swings her boobs at you and hits you on the crotch sending feathers flying everywhere!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject:

Do you have a Chapter:Verse reference for this "from the side of a huge monster" tale? Because I'm sure one of my militant anti-Christian friends would have told me about that one by now.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » ....fark me.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: