FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Combat Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject:

most of my combat deaths have been down to burden and apart from the odd incident of foggy headed swarms i manage quiet well in combat and can find no problems with it
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Yes they do, and it does count, but they have a lot of it, and you have to drain a lot to have a major effect.

while i'm sure it makes sense for say, a Kocho (sp?) to have a ton of stamina, is it possible for some critters that are more human-like (chith, citizens, borkin, etc) to have a level of stamina that is more logical for them?
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Yes they do, and it does count, but they have a lot of it, and you have to drain a lot to have a major effect.

And since Siphon Vigor will be Mage only soon there will be no way for us to 'drain' critter stamina. They have alot of stamina, which means they can attack non-stop and never show signs of tiring, but PC's stamina is very fragile, we get down to 90% or below and it can start messing with our combat skills.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Once again, almost death occured because of getting knocked off balanced, knocked over, and wailed on before I could get up. I got 3 bleeders from it.. moderate and one heavy...but my vitality slowly increased.

I have a lot less vitality then my other stats -- except mentality -- but I really am starting to chalk up my ability to non-vitality death is because of the cybergear. But even when I'm bleeding...my vitality doesn't drain too terribly.

I really am starting to hate being shoved over every other hit though.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Agility affects chance of knockdown, doesn't it?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:

--William

and acrobatics, I think.

that or acrobatics affects your chance of springing right back up.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:

--William

Hm...my agility is pretty good...on par with all my other stats really. I'll train it up more next promotion and see how that works.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject:

So archery hits do more damage now? Cause I hit harvesters with many bolts from my starbow. PUmpin like 20 bolts in them and they are still alive? how can you be alive with 20 bolts hittin yah?
Thanks if you did do that trevor. And yeah, if I stun something, wouldn't I be able to do some major damage? Instead of slight hits? Gettin stunned greatly reduces your ability to defend. It just doesn't seem that obvious to me, or when I knock em down. I should be able to hit them a little better, they are prone.
Sinka
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ok I read the post earlier, duhh me.
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject:

This morning I was taking down Kuchos with ease. 1-4 attacks. Missed 1, 2 max out of each of my shots with the pulse gun. By the third attack I could even snapshot and kill without aiming at all. Mostly though I was just aiming for 4 seconds.

Now all of a sudden I do the same thing and I'm lucky if 1 out of the 5 pulse shots hits. Question I'm getting summarily beaten, too. I can't find anything that's different. I still have minimal burden (no cash and nothing in my pack), didn't have potions up before but don't do any better using them now..went in with full health, cybergear fully repaired..::flails::

Oh, and while I'm missing, my balance is great, too. "Fairly well balanced." It can't have just been that I had good luck this morning; I was killing them fine last night, too..
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject:

i noticed gragrok can't really hit me anymore, but i also notice that it takes me quite awhile to kill them now, too.

heck, i'm landing superficial hits with my tg23-x remarkable quailty rifle now.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
while i'm sure it makes sense for say, a Kocho (sp?) to have a ton of stamina, is it possible for some critters that are more human-like (chith, citizens, borkin, etc) to have a level of stamina that is more logical for them?

I have intended to go through the mob list and normalize hp/sp/fp, but haven't done so yet. One problem actually might be in Siphon Vigor, I'll have to look.

Quote:
And since Siphon Vigor will be Mage only soon there will be no way for us to 'drain' critter stamina. They have alot of stamina, which means they can attack non-stop and never show signs of tiring, but PC's stamina is very fragile, we get down to 90% or below and it can start messing with our combat skills.

The above addresses stamina levels, but to comment on drain, NPC's drain at the same rate as players and suffer identical penalties. Another item I will be checking out is regen rate for stamina. It is possible that combat manuevers will be added that deplete the target's stamina.

Quote:

No, but it affects how likely you are to get hit in the first place. Acrobatics training will allow you to recover from a knockdown more often, and in fact you can GAIN balance from a "knockdown" in this regard rather than lose it as normal. Of course not everyone considers Acro worth it, but it can help immensely with any situation involving knockdowns in combat.

Quote:
PUmpin like 20 bolts in them and they are still alive? how can you be alive with 20 bolts hittin yah?

Archery definitely hits harder on the low end. The max damage range wasn't touched, but the low end was raised significantly. However, if you strike non-vital areas, you will not kill your opponent. All the leg and arm shots in the world won't cut it, unless some other RPG's you might have played.

Quote:
Thanks if you did do that trevor. And yeah, if I stun something, wouldn't I be able to do some major damage? Instead of slight hits? Gettin stunned greatly reduces your ability to defend. It just doesn't seem that obvious to me, or when I knock em down. I should be able to hit them a little better, they are prone.

If you take the time to take advantage of the situation by shooting at a specific body area, you will increase your rate of kill quite a bit. Note! The proper method to aim shots at a body location is FIRE <mob> <area> not AIM <mob> <area>. The latter really should work but it doesn't appear to do so, something I'd like to address as some point.

Quote:
Now all of a sudden I do the same thing and I'm lucky if 1 out of the 5 pulse shots hits. I'm getting summarily beaten, too. I can't find anything that's different. I still have minimal burden (no cash and nothing in my pack), didn't have potions up before but don't do any better using them now..went in with full health, cybergear fully repaired..::flails::

Darkness/night? I'd say maybe damaged cyber eyes (often overlooked) but you said your gear was in good repair. Other than that, I'd have to blame bum luck.

Quote:
heck, i'm landing superficial hits with my tg23-x remarkable quailty rifle now.

Again here I have to blame luck, unless your perception is impaired for some reason.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject:

I don't have cyber eyes, it was daytime IG when I was missing (not sure about the times when I was hitting) and I'm Darju anyway.

Ok, sorry if I go on a bit too long here, I just think this is really weird. We all remember the situation - yesterday morning I killed Kuchos for like 3 hours, no problem. Went back over and over again in the afternoon/night, couldn't hit them, got my ass kicked.

Now this morning, I'm doing great again. Three spawned at once and I killed them all in 2 attacks or less. The only difference I can find is I got a massage both mornings, but should that really take me from complete misses to instant kills?

Note: Only killed about seven Kuchos just now, will be back later to test a longer time-period. But yesterday afternoon I couldn't get seven kills in to save my life..
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject:

Massages should only be a factor if your stamina is getting shot up pretty badly.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, final update..after coming back, I died 3 times. Started a fire, of course that only helps pulse. Still took them down pretty easily, but..obviously..they got me, too. I guess since I die more often than I appear invincible, I should chalk my success up to odd extended bouts of luck?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: