FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Where are Artisans Going?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Where are Artisans Going?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Where are Artisans Going?

Just a curious statement, really.

Here are the downsides I see to being an Artisan:
1) If we stick to doing artisan-related things (ie: non-combat), we have no chance of getting rare/special things. That's all part of the treasure system, which is directly connected to combat.
2) Reliance of other players for money making related goals. While I have set up some kind of way to get the pelts and such from players (ps: I appreciate you guys!), it's also sorta frustrating to sit around waiting for those pelts and such. Once again, not being a real combat-class is limiting us.
3) Replayability for certain creation systems. It's sadly not that exciting to create things. I have no idea how to fix this, though, nor do I think it's something that I could reasonably be annoyed over. After all, I came into the profession knowing it wasn't going to be an edge of your seat action kind of profession.
4) Profession-only abilities. Right now I see artisans as 'the' people to go to for tailoring and sculpting needs. But, for the majority of tailored goods, a non artisan can do it just as well as an artisan. In other words, a trench coat made by an artisan is the same as a trench coat made by anyone else.

Here are the upsides:
1) Inking. While Yaru doesn't do it a lot. It's cool. Thanks. Smile
2) Tailoring. While it sorta stinks that other classes can create things as well as us (save containers), it's still a great system that I can't wait to see expanded.
3) Non-reliance on a combat-related commerce. While I think the system can use a nice polishing up, I like that I don't have to have a huge buff powerhouse character in order to make money. I have my smart nimble little guy and that's cool.
4) Focused stats. While most professions require players to upkeep a wide range of stats, I like that I don't really have to strongly focus on things like agility, strength, and vitality. I can play my weak guy and not think he'll be screwed over later on (unless he wants to hunt, heh).

I'm wondering where Artisans will be going in the future. How will we stand out in the crowd? Why will people want to come to us (right now it feels like we're only needed for big backpacks and the occasional tattoo)? What can we do to 'make it big'? What will make us unique? What artisan only things can I look forward to that will make me completely forget about wanting to treasure hunt in combat?

I'm wondering what makes being an Artisan exciting.

ps: I hope this doesn't come off as me not thinking the development of an Artisan has went well. I love being an Artisan still. I'm just wondering what I have to look forward to, heh.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Where are Artisans Going?

soundless wrote:
2) Tailoring. While it sorta stinks that other classes can create things as well as us (save containers), it's still a great system that I can't wait to see expanded.

There's not really a need to see a tailor -- in my opinion only! -- unless it's for a container...or more specifically, for the massive backpacks that Mellie and such can create. Clothing and such found in shops are a little more exciting...so really...Artisans should be allowed to create those sorts of exciting items and maybe pay an alterer that comes around twice a month to get their items made in bulk...say 10 at a time...which they then can sell through themselves.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject:

Uggh, I am just getting ready to walk out the door, but when I return I will give you plenty of reasons why the Artisans are the creme de la creme. Wink

I will also be holding an Artisan meeting soon, so you can get an idea of things that I have been working on and a few hints to things that will be coming your way. I will make an announcement when I tackle down a date for the meeting.

Valla
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Where are Artisans Going?

Kit wrote:
Clothing and such found in shops are a little more exciting...

I agree with that for the time being, but only because the fabrics that artisans can use are very limiting. It's possible to create a really cool looking outfit through just tailoring, but to me the quality is less than amazing in the end because everything has to be like "a pair of black gawgteses pants", "a pair of black sehyswesa pants". Once that keeps repeating so many times it tends to look annoying to me.
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Artisan Meeting - Saturday December 4, 2004 (3 P.M. CST)

Location - To Be Announced

I will be addressing any comments and/or concerns that have been brought forth as well as giving a few hints to things that are in the works.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Yay!
maddie

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject:

sadly, i can't be there. *sigh*
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Think we can have it on Sunday or Monday, maybe?

I just realized I might be out Saturday, too.
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Monday it is then! Though the time will have to change,

Artisan Meeting Monday December 6, 2004 Time: 8 P.M. CST

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject:

HR-Valla wrote:
Monday it is then! Though the time will have to change,

Artisan Meeting Monday December 6, 2004 Time: 8 P.M. CST

That's 9pm EST right?

And thank you. Smile
HR-Valla

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Yep, 9 P.M. EST

And not a problem mister!
 Back to top »
maddie

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject:

whoohoo! I might be able to come!
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject:

tangent: Uh, other than me and Mellie, who is an Artisan, anyway?
maddie

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject:

me obviously (Zafri Dda)
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject:

maddie wrote:
me obviously (Zafri Dda)

Ahhh finally! A name! Smile

Welcome to the club.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Where are Artisans Going?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: