FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Singing Pin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Singing Pin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
psionics i have no idea... fortune telling? researching artifacts for money? restoring mystical objects to then sell for a profit? who knows.

They could kill shit.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
Quote:
psionics i have no idea... fortune telling? researching artifacts for money? restoring mystical objects to then sell for a profit? who knows.

They could kill shit.

Yeah but based on what their focus skills are, they're not meant to kill shit.

I mean, hell, Yaru can kill shit. But as an Artisan he is meant to do those other things. Maybe if they were extra-adept at ghost bustering, or something.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
Code:
Bonuses I am looking for include the following (in order of desire):

1. Mentality
2. Agility
3. Coordination
4. Perception
5. Stealth
7. Streetwise
8. Tracking
9. Evasion
10. Archery
11. Security

I also might be interested in things which provide a bonus to resistance.

Although at this point I'd boost Evasion, Archery and Security above Tracking. And they HAVE to be something I can wear (I'm not removing any of my current items).

See, same with me. I saved up the 2000k for a large house that will let me have my own lab...which will cost 2000k. Kit's good on clothes...all I'd really like to get for him is bonused stuff.

All stats except mentality and strength, repair, pulse, and security.

I'd even trade my singing pin for LESS bonuses in return. ^.^
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject:

This has nothing to do with anything, but seriously, the shorthand for two million is "2mil" or "$2M" if you go with currency. Your use of "2000k" (or whatever number) has been annoying me for some time. Seriously, it would read as "two thousand thousand". It makes me want to poke my eyes out.

And no, I won't actually poke my eyes out.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
I'm not sure if there is any classes other than medics, technicans and psionics that really have no way to make money that are inherent in that class' scope.

agent: kill shit (although a non-combat super-spy money making gig would be cool)
    artisan: tailoring, sculpting, woodcarving
    bureaucrat: court cases
    guardian: killing shit
    mage: alchemy
    mercenary: killing shit
    performer: gigs
    tracker: killing shit to skin it, foraging
    trooper: killing shit

medics don't have npc patients yet (sadly), just like techs don't have npc people to do IS support for (or whatever).

psionics i have no idea... fortune telling? researching artifacts for money? restoring mystical objects to then sell for a profit? who knows.[/list]

Mostly right, though Crats make money off of brokering tips, and simply existing (bank interest).

Medics and Technicians can both make money off of repair/healing. At least, if people tip them like I do they can. Or did in the case of technicians since I hardly use any technology devices now (which was really only my comm before).

Psionic's big money maker is not out yet, but it will be Shrines for homes. I plan to charge quite a bit, considering it looks to be an always on, no clothing slot needed skill/stat bonus. Right now we have to settle for underhunting (i.e. kill shit) and mediocre potion making for money.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject:

yeah, i'm only considering what things can be done without outside player interaction.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject:

As another aside, let's change 'tip' to 'payment of fees for services rendered'.. or something else without the connotation of 'tip'.

All you DR Empaths should be for this, too.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:

And no, I won't actually poke my eyes out.

--William

Dammit. But I'm so damned petty I'll keep using 2000k just to irk you. <3

I would LOVE to get paid for what I do. I just doubt that'd ever happen. Some people are really generous when tipping -- and yes, it's tipping because it's optional. Yan gives Kit 3000 each time. Aerumna 1000. Some people tip him 5k or 10k for things. And that's pretty sweet. The vast majority of repairs I do yield a big fat zero.

Maybe I should set prices...but then, what I would charge would be less then some people tip me....probably all work out in the end.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Kit about techs not making much off tips; if I fully repair someone's eyes, it takes 15 minutes, costs me a 1k part, and I still might not get a tip. Not that I'm complaining. I realize I could set prices..I'm just further illustrating the point that repairs do not pay that well.

You could consider killing things as within the class role since techs do get a bonus to pulse, tho.

And although this topic of the thread seems to have died a long time ago, I'll bring it up anyway. Bonuses being too common may be a problem now, but wasn't there some sort of plan for only one bonus-item per stat/skill in live? For example, if you wear two dancing pins, they won't stack?
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:
And although this topic of the thread seems to have died a long time ago, I'll bring it up anyway. Bonuses being too common may be a problem now, but wasn't there some sort of plan for only one bonus-item per stat/skill in live? For example, if you wear two dancing pins, they won't stack?

That would be a good idea now. It would be complicated by runes and things, and make people pick and chose what they wear or the bonused stuff they'd keep. Only the highest item giving a bonus would count, so collecting a million repair rings wouldn't help. One bonus per skill/stat makes a lot of sense.
 Back to top »
Renian
Darkness Incarnate

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

agent: kill shit (although a non-combat super-spy money making gig would be cool)

Agents make poisons. And it's neat for them, considering whenever I look at the ticker the poison prices are maxed. Granted, they aren't much more than the Tincture of Healing, but they can get a higher dose bonus sooner than they could with Alchemy.
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
medics don't have npc patients yet (sadly)

I'm working on it!! Cool

Seriously though, just so you know. Medics get a bonus to alchemy as well, and eventually they will be manufacturing medical supplies. Current bonuses (alchemy, first aid, medicine, poisons, surgery)

Brokyn wrote:
As another aside, let's change 'tip' to 'payment of fees for services rendered'.. or something else without the connotation of 'tip'.

All you DR Empaths should be for this, too.

--William

I am sooo for Medics getting paid bunches of money. HR Medic != DR Empath. Personally I'd love to see Medics hire Mercenaries to beat the snot out of people who didn't pay...or maybe required medical insurance....oh the possibilities! <stops before she gets going too much>

Sorkaa wrote:

That is the way it will be in live, yes. Bonuses will still be there, but there will be less of them and no stacking.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Singing Pin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: