FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Singing Pin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Singing Pin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject:

maddie wrote:
{derail}

Kit, just wanted to point out that you clearly didn't read my post properly. I was *trying* to point out that *you* say having $1 mil was nothing for *older* players.

{double derail}
And I am 9th promotion, working frantically toward tenth so I can do tattoos. I make most of my money either with potions or hunting chiths. I am not poor, but I am not a millionaire. But here's my 2 cents. Since you completely missed every point I was trying to make, I am no longer going to try to shove it through your empty head.

{end derail}

I hate to inform you, but I NEVER said that. Maybe it's YOUR mind that's a little empty. By older players, I mean people that have been here for years. I've been here for less then 3 months. In those three months, I've successfully managed to find a way to get myself to level 25 and get roughly 2000k in savings.

I can make about 150k every two days or so by working my butt off making potions and having Eka sell them.

At 9th promotion I had no money either. The problem is that you HAVE no points. But hey, that's cool too.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject:

My finger is still cold...

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
My finger is still cold...

--William

[sweetly] And I know I good place you can put it to warm it up [/sweetly]
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Holy crap, you're hilarious. So hilarious, in fact, that I'll post this picture twice just to show how much I'm laughing at your prowess of wit!

Ah, I think that will suffice.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
I hate to inform you, but I NEVER said that.

Kit wrote:
Quote:
Reason E: My old armor with +3 evasion and a "minor quality enhancement" : $375,000 - when 375k was actually a lot of money. The comparable cost at the current "going rate" : Approx $120,000 - when possessing $1million is a ho-hum affair.

For much older players maybe!

P.S. That picture is awesome.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
Kit wrote:
I hate to inform you, but I NEVER said that.

Kit wrote:
Quote:
Reason E: My old armor with +3 evasion and a "minor quality enhancement" : $375,000 - when 375k was actually a lot of money. The comparable cost at the current "going rate" : Approx $120,000 - when possessing $1million is a ho-hum affair.

For much older players maybe!

P.S. That picture is awesome.

Dude, having 2mil is NOT ho hum. I worked damned HARD to get 2mil!

Edit: To make myself more clear: Saying that having a mil now is a ho-hum affair might be true for the older players. But it took me three months get $2mil saved up! That certainly does not make having it ho-hum. At least not to me. If I could make 1mil in a week...yeah....now THAT would make it ho-hum. Spending a full mil will make me sad. I've only saved THAT much because I want to afford a house with a lab.
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject:

I'd just like to say, I would simply LAHV to have this ring, and the pants as well. But alas, I'm broke, not that that matters since you don't want money. And I only have 1 item with a bonus. And it's not technicianish. And no one will ever get it. If you know what it is, good for you. If you don't, don't worry about it.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
But it took me three months get $2mil saved up! That certainly does not make having it ho-hum.

Ironically, the fact that a low level player can make over a million in around a month and a half (so I divided your result by two...) does make it ho-hum.

I mean, think about it. You're in the low 20s and you already have enough money to buy anything in the game at any time.
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Kit wrote:
But it took me three months get $2mil saved up! That certainly does not make having it ho-hum.

Ironically, the fact that a low level player can make over a million in around a month and a half (so I divided your result by two...) does make it ho-hum.

I mean, think about it. You're in the low 20s and you already have enough money to buy anything in the game at any time.

Having money to buy anything in the game doesn't mean I have the oppertunity to though! I was trying to learn some singing so my pin will have effect...but I can't even learn the simplest one yet. Oh well.
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject:

Holy cow, 4 pages...

Well, I have to say that not everyone has a ton of money. I've been around a lot longer than most (I said most not all) of you who have posted in this thread, and I have less than 2 million saved.

Why? Well, for some of us money just isn't hugely important...the only thing I even want money for is (bonused) alterations and a house. So, I don't do things (like potion-making) that bore the crap out of me but make good money. I'd rather enjoy myself.

Also, I'm currently spending more money than you would think just keeping myself supplied with bolts...but my combat concerns are for a different folder.

[William's post]
Those girls are just freaky, take them down, please, I beg you. I'm scared now. Crying or Very sad

[Original subject]
Kit, I'm having the same problems with finding bonused items for the things I'm interested in. Hell, I'd trade my 10+ marksmanship bracelet in a heartbeat to someone who had a + like that for something I USE (my RL husband would be upset, but he'd get over it Wink ). One person responded to my post about purchasing bonused items/vouchers, and they didn't have what I was looking for. Good luck to you.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
Hell, I'd trade my 10+ marksmanship bracelet in a heartbeat to someone who had a + like that for something I USE (my RL husband would be upset, but he'd get over it Wink ).

::flirt flirt flirt::

What do you use?
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Dzynna wrote:
Hell, I'd trade my 10+ marksmanship bracelet in a heartbeat to someone who had a + like that for something I USE (my RL husband would be upset, but he'd get over it Wink ).

::flirt flirt flirt::

What do you use?

Flirting won't work with me, silly Cool

However, in answer to your question, what I use are the same things I posted I was looking for a while back. The thread is here:

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2811&highlight=

But the highlight is below.

Code:
Bonuses I am looking for include the following (in order of desire):

1. Mentality
2. Agility
3. Coordination
4. Perception
5. Stealth
7. Streetwise
8. Tracking
9. Evasion
10. Archery
11. Security

I also might be interested in things which provide a bonus to resistance.

Although at this point I'd boost Evasion, Archery and Security above Tracking. And they HAVE to be something I can wear (I'm not removing any of my current items).

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, I have to say that not everyone has a ton of money. I've been around a lot longer than most (I said most not all) of you who have posted in this thread, and I have less than 2 million saved.

That's nothing. William's been around since day one and barely has more than 120k saved, if I remember correctly. Granted, that's minus three months that one summer... and it's not counting the blatant inflation we've come to know and love. But yeah.

Of course, my secondary has just over 300k in less than than a month and a half. Which just makes my insides cry.

--Williams

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject:

Nelle has the most money she's EVER had in the game.. and it's 500k. To her that's like WOW.. because she's a medic .. and all that. She made it doing potions, basically.

And she's uhm... lower mid range circle?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if there is any classes other than medics, technicans and psionics that really have no way to make money that are inherent in that class' scope.

agent: kill shit (although a non-combat super-spy money making gig would be cool)
    artisan: tailoring, sculpting, woodcarving
    bureaucrat: court cases
    guardian: killing shit
    mage: alchemy
    mercenary: killing shit
    performer: gigs
    tracker: killing shit to skin it, foraging
    trooper: killing shit

medics don't have npc patients yet (sadly), just like techs don't have npc people to do IS support for (or whatever).

psionics i have no idea... fortune telling? researching artifacts for money? restoring mystical objects to then sell for a profit? who knows.[/list]
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Singing Pin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: