FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
A look at Game's Community
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » A look at Game's Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject:

hehe apemans piccy thing broke . do i get points for noticing ? Twisted Evil

dregonard lefear drags this thread through bramble bushes and swampland on the hope of perminantly destroying it forever

Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Should be fixed.

I hate not having a photobucket account. I should see if Vhen will let me share his. Yes, that's the ticket.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jerawolfe wrote:
The question remains: Is it okay to be wrong, to do wrong, and get away with it, if you are elite?

The simple answer, is NO.

And I echo every one of Stilldawn's comments, with an addition of my own. People pulling out that "It's okay to be a dick if you're an older player" argument will find no sympathy from me, because it's absolutely and completely unfounded. This whole mess of yet more unneccessary board drama is between Jera and whoever else it involved. Don't try and lump all of us older players into a cookie cutter mold because of an experience with a few. Just because someone was among the first characters ever created does not automatically mean that we are an asshole and consider ourselves above everyone else. It's unfortunate that things happened the way they did, even if I'm still not sure on what the hell happened. So let's move on with our lives, shall we?
Moriath

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Ooohhh where to begin with this one...I know I know!! Jera you are a melodramtic whiner. Though it can be said that you are far from being alone in that category.

Now, since this thread has become SUCH a wreck of inconsistencies, I am going to shed some light on the matter.

I sit and listen to so much shit on the comm's, and I generally do not get involved in most of the idiotic diatribe that is spewed out. Though when it comes to certain people, I will step in. Whether it be verbally or physically.

And to let it be known Alex/Glee is most definitely one of the people I am more than willing to go to bat for.

I listened to Alex plead with Alexia to leave him alone, again and again. I was to far away to help him when I found out that he was lured to the sparring grounds so that those OLDER than him could beat him down. I listened to him be called the "Village Idiot" and other mean spirited things on the comms all the while I am trying to get to a location to where I can help him. Now let me state that Alexia was not alone in Alex/Glee bashing, ohh no, she had friends right there with her, dealing out just the same to him.
It was my idea to head to the sparring grounds and Zamde decided to go with me. I confronted Alexia about her name calling of Alex and such, and got some VERY rude replies back from her. And yes I did engage Alexia, and yes I beat the snot out of her and anyone else that started talking shit. You included Jera, since you decided to jump with your loud mouth. Jera you had ample time to LEAVE the sparring grounds, and as I recall you left and actually came back to scream MORE. It is called the sparring grounds for just that reason Jera, get a grip. And no one DRAGGED you out to safety, since you can not be dragged from the sparring grounds. Those involved, and I am not afraid to name people, Alexia, Jezza, and any of others that decided their big mouths would help their friends lost cause, new exactly why I was there and why they were getting the crap beat out them.

Jera you will never hear a "I'm Sorry" from me, because I did exactly what I intended to do. Your mouth is what got you landed into the position that you ended up in.

Your meltdown on the comms and your foul language made me not to want to ever associate with you. And to let you know, no I wasn't squelching you at the auction, but I sure as hell wasn't going to waste any breath in replying to you. Your woe is me crap is riddled with holes when you are nagging people to ask me whether I am ignoring you or not. Take the HINT, I am.

As for you saying that you are being treated differently by other since this event, I am calling Bullshit on that. Not a single person besides the person you bugged to ask me whether I was squelching you or not has mentioned it to me. And more to the point I am pretty sure they know that I do not care if they are friends with you, I don't care who you are friends with, I just don't care. So your whole, "I am being treated differently now" is amazingly pathetic.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Just a couple followup things to debunk part of my growing stack of atrocities:

1) If this stupid display of banter is going to continue, play by your own rules. Don't accuse me of being "defensive" and "personally attacking people" and "dragging names into it" when you happen to be the one that penned this thread in the first place. And don't pretend like you thought the names of those dastardly persons would be some anonymous thing nobody would figure out. Reading back, you'll see that the only names I've injected into the conversation were my own, Sway's, and Alex's.
2) Spar knockout stun-time doesn't stack. Nobody was pinned down. Especially if we spent half our time posturing and threatening to track you to the far reaches of no-PvP-land to yodel menacingly and impotently brandish weapons.
3)
Code:
drag sway path
You can't drag anyone there.

Being "rescued" by someone that came and dragged you to safety is an impossibility. This is all rendered moot anyway, because:

Code:
Jera Wolfe says, "Fuck you."
Jera Wolfe says, "Furthermore, fuck you."
Jera Wolfe enters a tree-lined path.
Jera Wolfe just arrived.
Jera Wolfe says, "I almost forgot."

For someone mercilessly stuck in the throes of immobilization, you were awfully verbose and mobile.

4) I'm not sure why Zamde is at fault if other people aren't friendly toward you. I'd hazard a guess that your insistent pestering of other people to ask us if we'd squelched you (not to mention hounding with your other characters) isn't endearing you to anyone, but that's personal opinion. I'm betting your "If you're above level 40, you suck by default" blanket generalizations aren't helping, either.

5) If Glee was sexually harassing someone, I'd be astounded to learn that he was even capable of spelling the word "vagina". I'm not going to either defend or foul him on it, because I never saw any of it happen; I do find it odd, though, that nobody's come forward about what should be a serious issue. But if there's an implied right to shoot someone in the face for offending you sexually, then I, "the stupid fucking lesbian", choose to exercise said right as well.

6) As was brought up in the Enverdi post, the player-policing policy was voted in by the players -- not the GMs. And contrary to the story you're trying to sell, it's not because the first ten people on topscore went around cracking knuckles and browbeating everyone else into doing so. Except maybe Lynettia, everyone knows what a total hardass she is.

7) Cut out the goddamned "You're a big high-level meanie" crap already. If you haven't noticed, nobody's buying into it. It's an established fact that the lion's share of killing-spree murders in HR since combat's inception were committed by characters in their high-tens to late-teens. And if you think that low-level players are exempt from acting like total wanks, I have two words for you: Jack Slapper. Nevermind that death in HR is even less detrimental to your character than the janitor zotting your six foraged bundles of rkol gems.

We've established that the ordeal was an exemplary case of wrong place, wrong time. I'm not apologizing to you a third time, especially since this pointless crusade should already have long been over and everybody else has already gotten on with their lives.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Zamde wrote:
5) If Glee was sexually harassing someone, I'd be astounded to learn that he was even capable of spelling the word "vagina".

Heh. You'd be surprised what comes out of the mouth of someone pretending he's a kid IRL.

Quote:
"the stupid fucking lesbian"

Yanno...if you insult someone, Jera, then you really can't cry foul. I had been all for the Glee et all bashing until I found it simpler to ignore him completely...but even without that being the case, you can't degrade someone verbally and expect them not to do anything.

Quote:
Cut out the goddamned "You're a big high-level meanie" crap already.

Agreed. Level has nothing to do with people being jerks....the only problem is is that the higher ups tend to get noticed more because they can go around killing people.

Quote:
Nevermind that death in HR is even less detrimental to your character than the janitor zotting your six foraged bundles of rkol gems.

That is so true. You can be raised easily and all you lose is a little EXP drain. Most people get more bent outta shape over their stuff then anything else.

Quote:
I'm not apologizing to you a third time, especially since this pointless crusade should already have long been over and everybody else has already gotten on with their lives.

Jera, if Zamde apologized, what more do you want?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Alexia made the comment, actually, not Jera. It came out more like I was sticking that to him, which I wasn't, but wanted it as a point of reference for justifying attacking someone for sexually-offensive reasons while demonizing someone else for doing it.

Truth be told, however, Jera shrieking "YOU STUPID FUCKERS AND YOUR PUNY DICKS" over and over doesn't help things any, but I'm not going to roast him over an outburst made in the heat of the moment.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject:

dregonard lefear drags the snottynosed zamde through the undergrowth and swampland and rubs her boogers onto the completely delapidate thread and yells lookie its broken Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm...

jerawolfe wrote:
From the replies I've noticed a few things.

And none of them are very coolness.

Translation: I noticed a lot of you gave your opinions on the matter, and none of them agree with me. What the fuck us up with that? Assclowns.

No, seriously, how can you possibly expect me to support or agree with you on any level if the only conclusion you really want is Trevor coming down from on high and saying, "Why, Jera, you're right! Sway and Zamde ARE being completely mean to you, and the obvious solution is to severely punish them and promote you to GM."

All you want in this thread is to smash Zamde and Sway, not set some new policies. Don't act like you have some great intentions.

As to you 'not knowing the whole story,' how about you LEARN THE FUCKING STORY FIRST. I can't possibly act sympathetic toward you being picked on for jumping into an arguement where you only knew half the story. Instead of finding out what was going on, you made instant conclusions (many of which seem to focus on high level people == evil) and then got pissy that people shot you down for being a loud mouth.
drainm2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject:

meanwhile the elder darju sits down next to his lighthouse and 6 pack of Jaddan BAM! while laughing on high. Silly Llanfairians

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
jerawolfe

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: To the older players, a clarification

Actually,

I'm not lumping you all in. I'm stating that this is not how you want to appear. It comes down to protecting your friends, and the best and longest friendships will most often (but not always) be between those who have been here the longest. It is perfectly human to want to stick with your friends.

However, there have been others who have shown a different side to me. It was one of the old time players who suggested I write this, to get the responses. So no, it's not me whining. It was suggested by someone else.

I didn't mean it as a personal drama. I meant it as an example. Something for people to be aware of, to help everyone make HR a more enjoyable place for us all.

The reason I brought this up was that some of the older players were treating ME differently since my event with those in my original post.

Before, they were all friendly and such, some of them have stopped responding to me or talking to me, and I hadn't really done anything but try to help a damned newbie. Still, if I had it to do over, I wouldn't change anything.

And for those of you older players, no, you aren't all dicks. Hell, I don't even think Sway and Zamde are total jerks. But, I do think they were that day. They have yet to show me any other side than that.

Yes, I was angry, yes I cussed them out something feirce. But my first attempts to get them to leave me alone, to stop, to OOCly say, 'Chill, I'm not enjoying this, I'm not having fun, PLEASE STOP, I'm serious.' Well, they pretty much sneered at me and basically told me to go fuck myself, I was getting what I deserved.

But back to the point. The older players. I'm not saying you are all jerks, or that it is alright for you to be. I'm saying that is the impression I was getting, and I was having trouble with it, and I had no recourse to address my greivances.

So a very old, respectable, and kind player suggested I bring them up here, so I did.

I've done so.

If I've offended some of you who do not feel the accusation fits you, or feel I'm accusing all the older players. I apologize. That was not my intention. And I've met a good number of you old fogies who are awesome people IG and otherwise.

By the same token, actions like the thing Sway and Zamde did WILL be seen as 'the old bigguns can push around the little ones' by newbies and those who are still learning the world themself when such things happen, especially if no one ever raises a voice. Especially if they are threatened with continued harrassment like me and those I was with were if we don't do what we're told.

If someone tells you OOC to stop and desist, you should. If you don't, your being an asshole and disrespecting the persons feelings. THAT is my biggest complaint. THAT is the CRUX. I've dealt with worse IC, and that's IC. But lets get back to my original point. If a PLAYER tells you to stop, leave 'em alone. Respect 'em. Don't threaten 'em or disregard their feelings. That makes for a negative gaming atmosphere.

Jera
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: To the older players, a clarification

jerawolfe wrote:
If someone tells you OOC to stop and desist, you should. If you don't, your being an asshole and disrespecting the persons feelings.

Then don't piss people off and then go "wait wait wait wait, OOCly I'm annoyted now!"

You were being stupid. You can't just act like an idiot for awhile and then request people to stop. If I kept scrolling annoying statements for a few minutes, then when people are annoyed at me I can't just go "Okay I want to stop nevermind."
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject:

Jera,

I am not going to defend Sway or Zamde because I wasn't there. And while I am friends and have been around a while, I'm not going to take sides in a conflict I know nothing about. However, I AM going to respond to your posts.

Likewise, I don't know you or your character other than the posts here and the screaming session you had on the comms.

Screaming session: Quite frankly, my -character- would have come and killed you to shut you up if pvp were still enabled simply for that. I'm a lot easier to get along with than Dzy is, what you were doing didn't bother me one way or another, so understand that would have been an IC response from my character. Riwa, my other character, would have just turned her comm off because that is HER personality.

Boards: You sound like a petulant child. You come here and make your grievances, and I see Zamde apologize to you TWICE, and she claims to have done it once before (which I'm going to assume is true), and you STILL keep bitching. Yet you are wondering why everyone is sick of listening to you and thinks you are just whining?

What do you want? Everyone to say, "OMG you are right older people shouldn't ever do anything out of anger because we are just taking advantage of being bigger!"?

As someone pointed out, while pvp was active outside of the sparring grounds we had FAR more people in their teens and twenties killing 'newbs' than 'older people'.

I'll also point out that EVERY time I have personally witnessed a newb calling foul because a bigger person was 'bullying' them, it was because that newb wouldn't just shut up. Being young gives you NO right to be able to run your mouth without consequences. If either of my characters ran her mouth the way you did on the comms the other day, I'd expect a lynch mob instead of an apology.

And lastly...again, let me point out (since you obviously missed it before).
1) You CANNOT be brought/kept on the sparring grounds if you don't want to be (AVOID).
2. You CANNOT be killed on the sparring grounds.
3. You CANNOT be hurt on the sparring grounds and then dragged/teleported/etc. elsewhere to die.
4. Even IF you manage to die by some strange quirk of fate, what exactly do you lose? Not a damn thing if you are under level 4 or if you are revived.

So, get a grip, calm down and MOVE ON. Shit happens, deal with it and get over it.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jerawolfe

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: To the older players, a clarification

[quote="soundless
Then don't piss people off and then go "wait wait wait wait, OOCly I'm annoyted now!"

You were being stupid. You can't just act like an idiot for awhile and then request people to stop. If I kept scrolling annoying statements for a few minutes, then when people are annoyed at me I can't just go "Okay I want to stop nevermind."[/quote]

But that's just it!

I DIDN'T DO A GODDAMN THING TO ANYONE!

I didn't PISS anyone off. THey showed up and started ATTACKING ME. So you argument holds no water in this case. In others, yes, I agree with you. But I didn't DO anything to ANYONE until AFTER I spent over half an hour stunned and at times silenced.

I never ATTACKED anyone in the ENTIRE situation. Verbally or physically. If you don't believe me, Ask Sway or Zamde what I did to them, or Alex.

It was AFTER the thirty minute thing that I started blowing up at them (well, more like ten minutes into it, but they were set to do what they were doing).

However, your point is a good one. As I'll show you. Alex had pissed off a few people, and Alexia, apparently, had too. Them seeking to back out after constantly hounding such and such... yeah... they can't complain. If you harrass someone, or start something, be willing to see it out. I gotcha on that mark. And I agree totally.

Jera
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: To the older players, a clarification

jerawolfe wrote:
I DIDN'T DO A GODDAMN THING TO ANYONE!

Okay...

Then realize that if you stand around in a sparring ground, you'll get attacked.

That work?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » A look at Game's Community
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: