FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Savitar Questions
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Savitar Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Savitar Questions

Okay, so my ThinkPad is near dead, so I'm planning to play MUDs on my G4.

I'm using Savitar, but there are a few things I'm hoping for.

1) Is there a way to do strings with certain colors like in Wizard?
2) There's apparently a 'status bar', but I doubt it was ever coded for Haelrahv. Is there a way I can set it to display things like HP/MP/Stamina/EXP Pool?
3) I can't for the life of me figure out what to use for scripting now.

I miss my Wizard. Sad

Someone find a way to make the new Wizard for OSX Haelrahv compatable. I'm sure there's just some IP address you need to tweak, but I'm no coder so I can't tell where it's hiding.[/i]
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject:

You'll have to give Vhen a dollar.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject:

I'll um....look into downloading Savitar today and fiddling around with it, but not sure if I'll be able to help.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I remember that when Jay (from Heynow) was first working on it, he had some friends log into the game and test color container codes in strings. Something like [red]I like monkeys.[/red] or some similar sort of thing; so I know it supports (or did, this was the original version, like 6 years ago) color to at least some extent, I'm just not entirely sure how or in what regard it uses it.

As for 2) and 3), I don't really have any idea; I've only ever seen the client in action once.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Savitar supports some good triggers, I'm not seeing the status bar thingy, but what I most want in ANY non-wizard client is the ability to _easily_ make new windows.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
Savitar supports some good triggers, I'm not seeing the status bar thingy, but what I most want in ANY non-wizard client is the ability to _easily_ make new windows.

I don't see it myself right now, but I'm not sure how to bring it up.

I agree with you wanting new windows, but really I hardly use anything but the main window.

Manual Here.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Oh, hm. I'll look into that.

However....I'm not sure how _easily_ it would work.

While I could probably help you set up triggers to put the information there, the trouble is that you'd need the GS tags that the Wizard interprets into all its bells and whistles....which isn't really a problem, except...there's not easy way to give you JUST the GS tags for health without spamming you with tags for everything else.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, if someone could just find a way to change the IP address that Warlock (Simu's new GUI for the Wizard), I think that would work too.

But I am so techno-unsavvy.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject:

It's been almost 7 years since I've seen the name "Spinlock".

</nostalgia>

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Spinlock? Heh... programming terms as character names. Sweet.

Brokyn wrote:
You'll have to give Vhen a dollar.

--William

You can give me a dollar if you want, but I totally suck at GUI programming... which is not to say that I'm awesome at the other kinds either -_-;
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject:

And I miss not being able to script Sad
tanisloray
PSYCHOTIC LIGHT!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject:

Hey buckos....why don't you all just use Rapscallion?

I use Rapscallion and if youw ant to make new windows....try Cantrip. I've used that in past, the scripting is more complicated than in Rapscallion, but I've gotten new windows to pop up for me so I view comms and telepathy in differeent windows.

You can do that in Rapscallion too, I just haven't figured it out yet.

*lol*

Hannah Channing suddenly appears from thin air!
>
Hannah Channing swings her boobs at you and hits you on the crotch sending feathers flying everywhere!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject:

just wanted to drop a note saying i've moved from using hydraMUD to the new build of Savitar. I'm slowly starting to figure out how to set up triggers so combat is more automated. it's no Wizard script, and it's tricky playing with making things timed (ie: i can't really have "your shot is ready" do "shoot bob" as a trigger because then it will always go off and what if i want to just act tough, so i have to do something else etc etc etc), but it seems okay.

the one bad thing (that i notice happens in a TON of front ends) is that something about the way Haelrahv has ANSI colors set up makes it so colors never actually have endtags. if something has a blue background, then everything after it will also have a blue background until something has a red background and then everything will have a red background until a purple background shows up, etc etc etc.

so i'm really missing ANSI colors right now. Sad
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Savitar Questions
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: