FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Multiple droids / droid storage.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Multiple droids / droid storage.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Multiple droids / droid storage.

From my news announcement:

Technicians may now own more than one droid. They may not have
more than one droid out at once, but they may drop off a droid at the large
warehouse next to the cyber clinic and pick up a different one, or buy a new
one. For now, technicians may own as many droids as they wish, but this
shouldn't be a problem due to their costliness.

The LEAVE droid command has been permanently removed. If a player wishes to
put their droid away, they must drop it off at the warehouse, or DEACTIVATE it
and let it sit wherever it is at. The RETURN/ARRIVE droid command is still
functional, but will not work on a deactivated droid. If a player logs off,
their droid will go to a temporary storage area, and RETURN/ARRIVE will be
able to call them back to the player when he/she comes back. If this is abused
(players logging off and logging back in just to keep their droid in the
temporary area without incurring the costs of a warehouse), this function WILL
be removed and players will find their droids in the warehouse. There will be
a nominal fee to bring them back out if this happens.

Have fun Smile
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple droids / droid storage.

HR-Drake wrote:
From my news announcement:

Technicians may now own more than one droid. They may not have
more than one droid out at once, but they may drop off a droid at the large
warehouse next to the cyber clinic and pick up a different one, or buy a new
one. For now, technicians may own as many droids as they wish, but this
shouldn't be a problem due to their costliness.

The LEAVE droid command has been permanently removed. If a player wishes to
put their droid away, they must drop it off at the warehouse, or DEACTIVATE it
and let it sit wherever it is at. The RETURN/ARRIVE droid command is still
functional, but will not work on a deactivated droid. If a player logs off,
their droid will go to a temporary storage area, and RETURN/ARRIVE will be
able to call them back to the player when he/she comes back. If this is abused
(players logging off and logging back in just to keep their droid in the
temporary area without incurring the costs of a warehouse), this function WILL
be removed and players will find their droids in the warehouse. There will be
a nominal fee to bring them back out if this happens.

Have fun Smile

Thanks Drake!

What would two droids be good for? Are air drones going to get stuff MADs can't use?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject:

Okies, i'm a bit confused. So you are saying that even if we only have 1 droid, we still have to use the storage area when we log out? and pay a storage fee to get them out?
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Drake can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understood of his post, when you logout the droid returns to the limbo it goes to now. And there is no fee. However, to make your droid go away while in the game without logging out, you need to go to the facility and pay a fee for storage.

However, he did note that if people began to abuse this...by logging out and back in simply to make their droid go away without having to pay a fee, he start sending them to the storage facilityand charging.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
Drake can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understood of his post, when you logout the droid returns to the limbo it goes to now. And there is no fee. However, to make your droid go away while in the game without logging out, you need to go to the facility and pay a fee for storage.

However, he did note that if people began to abuse this...by logging out and back in simply to make their droid go away without having to pay a fee, he start sending them to the storage facilityand charging.

Nah, see, you can't make your droid go away anymore. There is no more 'command droid to leave.' Instead, you gotta 'stable' it. I'm thinking of droids now as I thought of horses in DR.

Then again, my droid always follows me around. It's too useful to do otherwise.

I just don't get why people would want more then one droid.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Cybar s3chz.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

What if you had a combat droid and a general purpose utility droid?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject:

It's cause there's gonna be different types of droids, maybe one day a heavily armored droid or battledroid we could use for like hunting or battling other droids. I'd like to have one for battling and one for doing repairs and stuff. Maybe even having tiny droids for recon/spy missions.
Kit you probably would rather just have all that stuff crammed into your BEAST, that's you and that's ok. For me, I need my R2 unit, Cherry2000 babebot, rc cockroach with listening devices attached, my mechanical bird that only says "Birdie" and my lil orb buddy with wings that only says "Haroo" Smile .

This storage thing tho, what I want to know is that do we HAVE to use the droid storage or is it ok to keep our droids in Droid Limbo? Cause I'm the type that when I needs to leave the game, I'm not thinking about where my droid with go. I'm thinking, I needs to get going with the RL stuff. And what if I'm on the Isle of Myst or on the other islands and I have to log out but I want stay on the island and not go back just to store my droid at the containment area?
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject:

The air drone and MAD already do different things. Air drones provide a higher bonus (or should anyway) to technical skills than MADs do. Air drones are much better at hiding already.. I don't even know if MADs CAN hide. Razz MADs will be much better at combat than other droids. Also, on the really small droids, you won't be able to put every skill-enhancing attachment you can on them, as they will only be able to hold one or two. However, the amount that they boost your skill will be higher than the amount a droid which can hold many attachments can boost skill.

And Beau definately hit the nail on the head with his interpretation. Wink If you need to log out of the game, you do not need to put your droid into storage. If you log out of the game FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of putting your droid into limbo, I'll be removing the limbo and they will go into storage on logout.

On that note, I may add a timer which will trigger on your logout: if you log back in within 1/2 hour or an hour, your droid will come back out and not stay in limbo. If I add this feature, I'll probably let you know the exact time frame.
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject:

I should also mention, if you want to own more than one droid, you WILL have to put your other droids into storage. You cannot buy a second/third/etc droid unless the others are in storage. Wink

It's not really that much. $1,000 cash deposit, plus $75 per day. I was going to have them charge $150 per day, but I reduced the price, since it charges per droid. Wink
Tao

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject:

Okies, there are times when I get booted alot or I'll end up frozen and would have to log out and log back in. Will those things count against me?
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject:

No, they won't, but if you don't call your droid back right away I might think otherwise. Wink
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Quote:

What if you had a combat droid and a general purpose utility droid?

Hm. True. I keep forgetting MADs have combat capabilities. Or, at least they WILL.

And now that droids and drones can hold stuff -- Drake told us at the meeting, and I completely forgot about that -- the multiple droid thing makes sense.

Tao wrote:
It's cause there's gonna be different types of droids, maybe one day a heavily armored droid or battledroid we could use for like hunting or battling other droids. I'd like to have one for battling and one for doing repairs and stuff. Maybe even having tiny droids for recon/spy missions.
Kit you probably would rather just have all that stuff crammed into your BEAST, that's you and that's ok. For me, I need my R2 unit, Cherry2000 babebot, rc cockroach with listening devices attached, my mechanical bird that only says "Birdie" and my lil orb buddy with wings that only says "Haroo" Smile .

This storage thing tho, what I want to know is that do we HAVE to use the droid storage or is it ok to keep our droids in Droid Limbo? Cause I'm the type that when I needs to leave the game, I'm not thinking about where my droid with go. I'm thinking, I needs to get going with the RL stuff. And what if I'm on the Isle of Myst or on the other islands and I have to log out but I want stay on the island and not go back just to store my droid at the containment area?

....Gundam Seed hurts me Thorne! Okay, TMR's openning for the first part was good. But there should be no sex in Gundam shows! Unless it's between Athrun and Kira. <3 No, not even. I hate Kira. Stupid Kira!

This rant has been brought to you by me.

Drake...what happens if we have our droid hold things? Will it continue to hold/store things in the droid shop? When we log out? Is it safe to have our droids hold stuff?
 Back to top »
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject:

It's completely safe for your droids to hold whatever you want. The stuff will be stuck to the droid even if you're gone for a year, 5 years, 5 minutes, whatever. If it's in the warehouse, it'll still hold it. You just won't be able to get it till you get your droid out of there. Wink
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Multiple droids / droid storage.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: