Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
PvP
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » PvP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see a few days set aside each month for free PvP (until we get a justice system)?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 21 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: PvP

I don't think this needs any explanation. Feel free to comment.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject:

I voted yes.

Tshar holds grudges, that post I made ahile back about a 'To Kill List', that was for real. I do have a notepad file with names and reasons on it heh(I didn't feel like making an actual list in game, sue me).

He will remember them all and come time for PvP back with justice, he will collect on them all and pay the judicial price. I think that some of the 'bad blood' between certain character could be mellowed a bit if they were able to extract vengance\vigilante justice etc.

Last edited by Tugor on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject:

I like the no PvP rule. I think people that actively persue PvP without a real reason would be like serial murderers. I would hope a justice system would be in place first to keep these dangerous, off the fly PvPers outta the general population.

I would be great for medics...but people take things way too far.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject:

In my opinion there is no balance with no PvP. Anyone can do anything(in general, I know there are cases where staff will step in) and there are no repercussions for their actions.

In a perfect RP land where everyone adhered to the laws of proper role-playing, this wouldn't be a problem. Alas, HR is not full of RP law abiding players.

PvP adds alot of excitement to the game. The wild, wild west so to speak. True there are assholes that take things way too far. Hopefully the justice system is able to curb alot of the bloodthirsty killers and limit their ability to cause trouble.

As for Tshar, he's a merc now so if anyone needs anyone killed when PvP is back, let me know. Twisted Evil
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I say no. I don't see any reason to do something like that.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I noticed that there was a huge increase to comm/thought drama once people were aware they couldn't be killed for being asshats.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject:

If PvP were reinstated for a few days, you can be assured you'd have the exact same thing, only death instead of verbal attacks. People would still be asshats, just because they can.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
If PvP were reinstated for a few days, you can be assured you'd have the exact same thing, only death instead of verbal attacks. People would still be asshats, just because they can.

True, but the majority of players who are being drama queens on the comm are too low-level to fight in pvp.

I can only think of two people who attacked everyone and everything during pvp (Torrent and Slowalker). There are a lot more people who engage in comm/thought drama.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm in the "NO" camp, because while people in general seem to think that the only way to solve a conflict is to kill. This is not the real world, but imagine if that were the case. Uh...our loverly commander in chief's foreign policy aside. Laughing

Anyhow, there needs to be a justice system before I will be happy with PvP coming back. And you know, "PvP" stands for "Player vs Player"...which is DIFFERENT from CvC ("Character vs Character). One is an in game, RPed conflict, the other is not. People don't seem to know the difference between those many times either.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
And you know, "PvP" stands for "Player vs Player"...which is DIFFERENT from CvC ("Character vs Character).

Let's avoid the semantics game. When I say PvP I mean Yaru vs Someone, not "Angry 20-something vs Other Gamer".
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Semantics or not, some people don't understand the difference. Very Happy
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I can only think of two people who attacked everyone and everything during pvp (Torrent and Slowalker). There are a lot more people who engage in comm/thought drama.

The fact is, a lot of good, well-mannered higher level players have let their emotions bait them into letting it fly on people when they normally wouldn't do so, simply because they've become comfortable with their heightened combat prowess.

You don't have to be an ass to cause trouble, or even lots of it.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The fact is, a lot of good, well-mannered higher level players have let their emotions bait them into letting it fly on people when they normally wouldn't do so, simply because they've become comfortable with their heightened combat prowess.

I admit it!!! heheheh

Jo acts emotionally... if you piss her off you die, that simple. Truthfully the way it was was well... too easy for people to just kill at whim (like me) knowing that the person wouldn't be able to reciprocate it and I can so see a freakin ass blood bath two days a week every month till the justice system is up and i really dont want to deal with the drama of those two days for the other 26-29 days of the month.

The justice system will be in place soon enough and those that wish to PvP will either have to go to the grounds or deal with the consequences (me included). I personally can't wait to see what good stuff Rikiar has for us.

~jos
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject:

From what I remember, Yaru only killed two people, and both of them were acting toward him inappropriately.

The irony was that Yaru didn't have to kill them, because the angry mob would have taken care of it, heh.
Praxis Keuplan
The Nerve Cell

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject:

[quote="Dante"]I'm in the "NO" camp, because while people in general seem to think that the only way to solve a conflict is to kill. This is not the real world, but imagine if that were the case. Uh...our loverly commander in chief's foreign policy aside. Laughing

I know this isn't the place to make comments on this but whenever someone makes an uneducated comment about the U.S. President, I cannot sit back and say nothing. I have almost completed my second tour in the war, both of which I volunteered for simply because of my knowledge and experience that there are people in the world that will stop at nothing to harm, or kill another simply because they like to do so. Just remember that there are some of us that have put our lives on the line to support the President for one, because it’s our job and two, because it is the right thing of any people to sacrifice for another. I heard someplace that no man has a greater love then he that would lay down his life for a friend.

Anyway, as for the current subject in HR though, I think we have a similar problem. As we learn in the real world if you take away a persons ability to enforce stability and a peace abiding society, then there will always be people who will find ways to create or support that instability. It is no different in HR. Now, I do not play a power-hungry or violent character but unfortunately, there comes a time when the only way to solver problems is through physical force. PVP, although abused at times, is a necessary part of life in HR and those who fear it the most are those who stand to reap the consequences for the results of their attitudes towards others, and the verbal abuse they tend to use to get their way. It has been said that “They have not wanted peace at all; they have wanted war—as though the absence of war was the same as peace.” The point is simple; nothing will ever change people from abusing others but if they know that by doing so, they will have to suffer for those actions at some point, they will be more likely to think much harder about those choices before then act upon them. For every action, this is a consequence to that action and when we choose to act in a given way, we also have chosen to accept the consequences of those actions.

--Praxis steps off his soap box…..

Additional sermons will be given at a later date.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » PvP
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: