FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Looking for a reallocation, mind helping this lost soul?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Looking for a reallocation, mind helping this lost soul?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drainm2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Looking for a reallocation, mind helping this lost soul?

Like it says...i need a reallocation, the sooner the better. I'd greatly love anyone that is willing to help me out here. I can pay so long as its something reasonable (to me, at least...im no millionaire). If you can help me out, PM me or email my at matdrainmd@mindspring.com or reply here. Thank you very much Smile

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that's really why I dislike the giving reallocations thing.
drainm2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject:

too bad you can't delete useless posts in threads you created

anyways, ignoring the asinine post...im still looking if someone could be so kind. Confused

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject:

drainm2 wrote:

anyways, ignoring the asinine post...im still looking if someone could be so kind. Confused

It's not asinine at all. Reallocations are not meant to be a commodity, espeically since it's an OOC thing.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject:

drainm2 wrote:

Heh, if only....
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
drainm2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It's not asinine at all. Reallocations are not meant to be a commodity, espeically since it's an OOC thing.

its not? Well... maybe im just the silly one here after all then because I almost certain that post doesnt help me with my problem. And because im posting my need for a reallocate on the boards it becomes a commodity now? Wow. Maybe its the fact your tired? I could have sworn I was just posting what i needed on a section of the boards where you post your needed and unneeded. Must be my mistake? I'm not even going to touch the OOC thing though... it can be chalked up to the tired comment. Anways... YET again... I'm still hopeful some kind soul at there can help me in my plight.

Quote:
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject:

You're going to trade in-game funds for an out-of-character tool? Neat.

drainm2 wrote:
And because im posting my need for a reallocate on the boards it becomes a commodity now?

+

forum name wrote:
Buy, Sell, and Trade

=

dictionary.com wrote:
com·mod·i·ty
Pronunciation Key (k-md-t)

1. Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage: “Left-handed, power-hitting third basemen are a rare commodity in the big leagues” (Steve Guiremand).
2. An article of trade or commerce, especially an agricultural or mining product that can be processed and resold.
3. Advantage; benefit.
4. Obsolete. A quantity of goods.

Yes, I would say that you've turned into a commodity.

Of course, I'm sure plenty of people have already paid for reallocations from other people. You're just the first to bring it to the public eye. Isn't that swell?

--William

PS: Oh, sorry for another asinine post.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject:

Hey atleast he asked here and not in game like alot of people so how about laying off?
I swear some of you just sift through the boards looking for somone or something to bitch at, its old.

If Trevor didnt want people to be able to give away reallocations then he wouldnt of made it so they can, if you really have a problem with it bitch at Trevor (sorry Trevor) and not the people taking advantage of the gift he gave us.

Still

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
If Trevor didnt want people to be able to give away reallocations

give away != sell. that's my problem with it.

if we eventually get the ability to give away roleplaying awards, does that mean they should be sold as well?

i'm hardly looking for a fight or anything, but i have no issue expressing when something is messed up.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject:

your right, you did say sell, my apology

Still

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject:

the blue fairy wrote:
your right, you did say sell, my apology

Still

Mind you, I also do apologize if I came off as derailing the thread. i had no real expectation to really rant about why i found selling reallocations an issue.

Ironically, I wouldn't have minded anyone asking if someone just had an allocation to spare. It's the selling thing that bothers me, because it mixes the OOC with the IC.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject:

Just offer real dollars. Then no one can accuse you of mixing IC and OOC.

But they'd still find an excuse to post on it.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject:

By the way, I do hope you find a reallocation somehow.
 Back to top »
drainm2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject:

Well...in my year or so being here I've noticed people like to just find reasons to b****. But...as to your definition of commodities

Quote:
com·mod·i·ty
Pronunciation Key (k-md-t)

1. Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage: “Left-handed, power-hitting third basemen are a rare commodity in the big leagues” (Steve Guiremand).
2. An article of trade or commerce, especially an agricultural or mining product that can be processed and resold.
3. Advantage; benefit.
4. Obsolete. A quantity of goods.

Well hell...based on that, everything and anything in the game and anything game related is a commodity. My pure knowledge is a commodity because it has an
Quote:
3. Advantage; benefit.

As for me turning it into a commodity? Wow...I did something, woho! Oh wait, I am positive I won't be the first to do this... thats right. Someone out there is asking a lump sum of 3.5 mill credits for their reallocates. Now THATS a commodity.

As for trading IG funds for an OOC tool. I can think of maybe 2 or 3 exceptionally nice individuals that would willingly hand over a reallocate free of charge with a smile. Everyone, I'm sure yourself included, would either A) refuse to exchange it on any grounds and/or B) ask for some form of compensation (ie money/items/knowledge). I had my original reallocates but I never fathomed the need for them so I used 1 to change my skillsets and gave the 2 away. Well...however long its been down the road and I'm intensely bored with my character resulting in no PC interaction and doing the same mundane script-task for no reason at all. Sorry for wanting to reinvent myself/character and enjoy my time in Haelrahv, god knows thats a sin... letting someone enjoy themself? It is perfectly fine and well for each and every one of you fine souls to have an opinion based on every little detail of your life and everyone elses but sometimes... you really should just keep them to yourself or direct them to the proper source of your problem...whether it be something you directly can control or something you can try to correct by mentioning it to the proper local. As for offering real dollars....I'd love to, maybe if I wasn't an unemployeed college student struggling to make my car insurance payments every month and playing this game on a free acount. Unfurtunately, that is the case for me... I think I've got like 6 bucks in my wallet and another 5 in the bank and thats my life savings... if you dont include the 2 bucks worth of change sitting in a swear jar.

But I digress... for the...well, I've lost count now. I'm still looking for a reallocate... except maybe now I won't pay anything so that certain... people... get off my back for trying to keep myself happy and those who help me along the way. Seriously though, If you desire compenstation, we can work out a deal... email, reply, or private message. Thanks much to those of you who help me and to Still for sticking it to the man, heh...and Tylen for offering constructional criticism. Smile Much love

Quote:
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
Just offer real dollars. Then no one can accuse you of mixing IC and OOC.

But they'd still find an excuse to post on it.

Hah, I don't mind scripting up a character to level 12 and selling it. Imaginary goods for tangible cash is awesome.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Looking for a reallocation, mind helping this lost soul?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: