FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Look at me make this folder a conflict folder...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Look at me make this folder a conflict folder...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Look at me make this folder a conflict folder...

I'm not going to name names (not like that'll keep things oblivious, anyway), but if a bunch of people think a certain thing you do is a bit annoying, it may very well be annoying, even if you do feel it is pretty normal/acceptable/etc.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject:

Hahaha things people do will ALWAYS annoy someone.

Who gives a shit?

For me in real life Im always trying to find the middle ground between being offensive yet still remaining the crude and rude person I am. I do have respect for others BUT Im not gonna go too much outta my way to be someone else just because they may or may not be offended by the way I am. On the other hand I dont go outta my way to be an asshole or jerk to people.

Tshar has no such qualms, he can be a total asshole or nice guy depending on his mood.

One thing I share with my character though is bluntness. It puts alot of people off all the time but Im used to it. It gets me in trouble and gets me lucky just as much hehe.

Last edited by Tugor on Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Arakaweii

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Look at me make this folder a conflict folder...

soundless wrote:
I'm not going to name names (not like that'll keep things oblivious, anyway), but if a bunch of people think a certain thing you do is a bit annoying, it may very well be annoying, even if you do feel it is pretty normal/acceptable/etc.

Hey, I took my alchemy to a place where noone else is, cant tell me its annoying you long distance now.....the phrase of the day is Arakaweii cant be annoying if he aint there....ok, want me to turn off my comm too?
hehehe

A carnivorous ham sandwich comes plummeting from above at great velocity, hitting in you in the face.
You fall to the ground.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject:

Hah, I guess posting it in the OOC folder didn't really make it obvious enough that this isn't a game-based thing, but more a board-based thing.

But I do agree with Tshar. On one hand, who gives a shit. But, on the other, if all you do is generally piss people (as a whole) off, do you really think your posts that are actually valid will be noticed?
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:

How wonderfully vague!
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject:

One, he's talking about me. Two, yes they are noticed by someone if you keep bitching about them. ^.^ Besides, it's only a group of three people that bitch about them. And three, I don't really care! If I did, I'd be intimidated by this post.

You should have just put my name in there in the first place. Don't be a chicken, it's not becoming. Cool
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject:

He probably hoped you'd get the point without him having to literally call you out.

But since the theme is "just say what you're thinking", I have to say that a) Kit has had some good and/or decent posts; but b) Kit also tends to have a rather arrogant and/or bitchy overtone that makes you expect it on all other posts he writes. As a result, point a gets largely overlooked.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
He probably hoped you'd get the point without him having to literally call you out.

But since the theme is "just say what you're thinking", I have to say that a) Kit has had some good and/or decent posts; but b) Kit also tends to have a rather arrogant and/or bitchy overtone that makes you expect it on all other posts he writes. As a result, point a gets largely overlooked.

The player behind Kit is a bitchy person. ^.^; I have an idea. I'll completely ignore Yaru's and William's player and it'll work out. They annoy me anyhow.

I know Bel's player has issues with me, but I'd like to give her a thumbs up for keeping it OOC completely. Bel's nice to Kit...mostly because Kit and I are not the same and I'm glad she realizes that.

Also, a great deal of my posts are meant to be funny. The problem with text is that the tone doesn't come across either. ^.^ Oh well. Also, William and Yaru's player have taken it on themselves to point out everything I get wrong and have something smart to say about everything. If you look at my posts, only 20% of my replies are citical towards them...while more then half of theirs are ciricle towards me.

It's like pot calling the kettle black with those two.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject:

Hahaha!!

I > Yaru + Will.

Very Happy

...I'm kinda high and wired right now because I came back from a surprise birthday bbq my friend was having and I really shouldn't be reading up on the boards and posting but Oh well....

Yeah, I have issues with Kit's player's posting style and insistence on posting disses on William when the thread has nothing to do with William in the first place.

It irritates me no end when I'm happily reading some commentary and out of the blue, Kit pops in to make some insult about William when Will hasn't posted at all in the first place.

William and Yaru can be overbearing, of course, but they often have a valid, if snarkily-put, point. It's more irritating when some thin-skinned person comes in on a high horse and doesn't let stuff go. Then it's a never-ending merry-go-round and I want to smack the crap out of them.

Yaru and William react TO Kit's posts. Kit, however, just starts little fires all over the place all on his own.

Other than that, I don't care as much about the multiple postings, though it IS annoying to me... I just skim past Kit's multiple posts on some thread and I'm fine. If it's valid, someone much more patient than I am will most likely quote Kit and I can read their posts instead.

As for in-game, yeah, I TRY not to bring my shit into the game. That and I'm not that petty a person. I think it's stupid to bring RL dislikes into the game.

In DR, I made mistakes...so I'm much more careful about separating myself from the game in HR when it comes to potential conflict. Not as discerning when it comes to the good stuff though. I'm silly that way.

Bell's player
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Just to clarify, I have never brought the board world into the game. William has only met Kit once in-game and he was being an ass toward someone he was comm-repairing for. So William made a comment, and that was that.

On second thought, they've met twice. But the second was mostly in passing. So yeah.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
I know Bel's player has issues with me, but I'd like to give her a thumbs up for keeping it OOC completely. Bel's nice to Kit...mostly because Kit and I are not the same and I'm glad she realizes that.

I hope that's not an implication that I treat your character differently due to the fact that you're arrogant on the boards.
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Just to clarify, I have never brought the board world into the game. William has only met Kit once in-game and he was being an ass toward someone he was comm-repairing for. So William made a comment, and that was that.

On second thought, they've met twice. But the second was mostly in passing. So yeah.

--William

Uhh. He wasn't being an ass towards anyone. He fixed your comm, flirted with Nelle, and left. And then you Private commed me -- I'm sorry, but I don't see private transmitions as being OOC unless otherwise stated -- for over 20 minutes with the topic of how much I suck. Go you, big man! William never made a comment at all towards Kit except 'thank you.' And the only think Kit said IC to William was the same for the tip.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Kit wrote:

I hope that's not an implication that I treat your character differently due to the fact that you're arrogant on the boards.

It wasn't. I tend to ignore Yaru. I'm not a child-person, Kit even less so. And the eight year olds at the summer camp I work for don't act like Yaru does at all so I tend to ignore him just because he seems more like a spoiled teenager then a kid.

I was commenting towards Bel because I had a recent interaction with her. She tends to be harshest towards me on the boards anyhow and it's always impressed me that she keeps OOC and IC seperated.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Way to blur the timeline. And because I have nothing better to do while I wait for Jeanne to hit, I'll go ahead and correct you. And for the sake of this post, do not get anal about my using 'you' when I'm talking about Kit. I assume that everybody -- including you -- understands what I'm trying to communicate, but I'm just trying to preempt you.

The very first time they met was in Cloud Court after I got someone to ask for a Tech to fix my comm. You were in the middle of spamming errands to get into Vale, but you were the only technician online at the time so I was fine with that. Even though I was first in the queue, you took someone else's repair first. Again, fine by me since you were the only technician online.

You (or Kit; you're both equally as bitchy/arrogant in my opinion) start arguing with the person over stupid stuff. In the end you managed to piss him off and, oh noes, you didn't get a tip. You were mad, but you had to spam more errands. I wait another ten minutes. You finally come back and do the repair. Both William and I are happy and you end up 500$ richer. Woot for you.

The second time they met was again due to a communication repair. Nelle pulled you over to the Beach and you repaired both of our communicators. William thanks Kit and you were on your way.

About a week later I see that you're online. I was sitting around just draining my experience pool so I decide to contact you via private communications. It was completely OOC. The intention was to try and fix whatever problem was between us, mainly because I'm at a point where I'd rather not be involved in a longstanding conflict. I tried very hard not to get angry or belittle you. However, you consistently refused to even attempt to hear my side of it. You had your mind made up that I was an asshole and there was nothing in the world that could change that.

I tried to respect that, but you kept saying "It doesn't matter, forget about it. You can't change it now" or other similar childish retorts. I can't remember exactly. So I admit to get a little angry and probably saying a few things that I shouldn't've. But from the beginning I told you that the whole purpsoe of the conversation was to try and put our hostilities in the past, something you simply would not have. You ended it abruptly with telling me that you had to go watch Star Trek with your boyfriend and immediately logged off.

So, I've come to the conclusion that you're nothing more than a Drama Queen. You've done very little more than try and bash me since you showed up. You were probably a little biased against me with how I treated your alter-ego Trink, but how was I supposed to know that you two were one-in-the-same when you started? I didn't, yet your personality remained marginally the same. So, yeah, I'm going to probably prod you a little bit in the beginning. Everybody goes through that, especially on message boards.

The best advice anyone will give you is to suck it up and try and gain respect from your peers (as the saying goes: respect isn't rewarded, it's earned). While I'm probably not the best person in the world to have respect from, I have been here for nearly two years now. I don't know everything about the game, but I like to think that I knew considerably more than you did when you/Trink showed up. That's more or less why I "bashed" (for lack of a better, softer term) when you started making posts that had been made once -- and, in some case, more than once -- in the past.

Ugh, and here I go with quasi-circular logic. I'll end.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I need to recheck my address window, because I get myself convinced that I typo'd and somehow directed myself to the Official Argue Like Old Women Message Forum, and not HR's.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Look at me make this folder a conflict folder...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: