FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Update To Free Account Policy.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Update To Free Account Policy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Update To Free Account Policy.

It's recently come to our attention that some persons are abusing the free accounts offered by RPGN and hold multiple free accounts to get around the one character slot restriction of free accounts. Because of this, our policies regarding free accounts will be changed, effective October 10, 2004.

It is not possible for multiple free accounts to connect to Haelrahv from the same IP address at the same time. However, these accounts can connect separately from the same IP address.

As of the effective date of this policy change, only one free account will be permitted per IP address. That is, if two free accounts are found to typically connect from a single IP address, both accounts will be considered in violation of this policy. These accounts will immediately be changed to expired accounts and the only means to continue using them will be to subscribe to Haelrahv as a Standard account holder. Some Q&A regarding this policy:

Q: What if I have free account connections once in a blue moon, such as if a friend comes over?
A: As long as these connections are rare, we will generally overlook them.

Q: Will you link free accounts by other info, like name, address, stuff like that?
A: We reserve the right to do so. However, this policy primarily applies to IP addresses as the means of identification.

Q: I have a spouse/family member/roomate/etc who plays too and we both have free accounts and share an IP (via router, etc.), what about me?
A: Unfortunately, you will have to have subscriptions. We realize this may be an inconvenience to you, but there simply is no way to verify your living arrangement. On the upside, you'll have all the benefits of a Standard account, and you'll be supporting the future of Haelrahv.

Q: Is this just a move to make more money from subscriptions?
A: Certainly Haelrahv needs income. It's simply a necessity both for maintenance of the existing product and for future developments. However, this policy change is much more for sake of fairness than income. It's simply not fair for free accounts to be abused in the manner that has to date taken place.

Q: If my account is expired due to a violation, can I ever have a free account again?
A: After three months, you may apply for a free account again. Repeat violations of this policy will render your accounts ineligible for free status permanently, however.

Q: If I have violated this policy but don't do so after October 10th, will my account be expired?
A: No, it won't. However, if you do violate this policy on or after October 10th, your prior history before that date can be used as a statment of past activity for purposes of verifying that this is not 'occasional' behavior as mentioned in the first Q&A question.

Q: I like this policy. Why wait till October 10th?
A: We're giving everyone time to make arrangements to convert accounts to Standard status if need be. We don't want to see anyone lose their ability to play to the best of our ability.

Questions or comments on this policy may be posted on the Haelrahv Messagae Forum, or emailed to hr-trevor@haelrahv.com.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Update To Free Account Policy.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: