FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Troopers...more than just cyberware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Troopers...more than just cyberware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Troopers...more than just cyberware

I'm not a big poster on the boards, I'm a woman of action not of words, but I thought it was time for an update...

As Troopers level, a couple different abilities will be made available- enhancements, equipment upgrades and in the future I'd like to offer specialized fields.

-- Troopers will be able to choose between cyber enhancements, drug-induced enhancements or unique weapon or armor. To recap, we all know that a variety of different implants will be available and cyberware will cost less essence for Troopers because higher quality implants will be used.

-- Equipment upgrades are pretty self-explanatory. They will include not only weapons and armor, but general gear as well. (Yay! A new shiny pair of combat boots!)

-- Specialized fields, well basically I'd like to be able to offer a little more variety to those career soliders. So you've always dreamed of driving a tank (I know I have Smile) or you desire to go on covert missons, or whatever...I'd like to make your dreams come true.

In addition to the above, I'd like to implement a duty system that will allow you to be either on active duty or off duty. First, let me say that all Troopers will receive a salary based on rank, which will slightly increase as you increase in level. Active duty Troopers will be responsible for carrying out small missions, responding to invasions/emergency calls, maybe some police work. They will also get some perks, such as locker space, access to housing, special Trooper shops, and the ability to command those of lesser rank. Eligibility for enhancements is also only available to those on active duty. Off duty Troopers still receive their salary increases, but don't get their salary or any of the above mentioned bonuses. They also aren't responsible for any missions, police work, etc. Now you might ask, why would I want to be off duty? Say an emergency call went out from Titan City and you were in Bosque for whatever reason...once that call came out, you would be responsible for returning in a timely manner or risk a court marshal.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, there will be some kind of court marshalling system as well. Those of higher rank can bring a court marshal against those of lesser rank. There will also be demerits for not completing missions, etc. Haven't quite worked out all the details on that yet, but if you ever have to face me in a military court, ya better bring a good bureaucrat with ya Wink

Well that's about it for now, comments and suggestions are quite welcome, and lemme know if there is something you'd like that I haven't mentioned.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject:

You've done your homework sounds like. Were you in fact "IN" the military. My guess would be yes. Anyways, just wanted ta say that it all sounds good to me personally. As far as to what I'd like to see, well, I'll have to get back with ya on that, gotta think about it. Very Happy
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ya better bring a good bureaucrat with ya

Now I gotta befriend a Bureaucrat too. o_O

Quote:
Well that's about it for now, comments and suggestions are quite welcome, and lemme know if there is something you'd like that I haven't mentioned.

Bullets! <froths>

Access to military grade ammunition... legally! Not to mention high caliber weapons and military grade armor, etc.
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject:

~Action girl!~

Girl of few words...

many guns...

Coming soon to a toy shop near you!

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I second Dragoon. Get outta my head!!!! *grins at Dragoonseal*
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Access to military grade ammunition... legally! Not to mention high caliber weapons and military grade armor, etc.

Umm...that's the point of being a Trooper :THWAP:

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject:

just wanted to let ya guys know about a little ability i just made Very Happy at a lower level, ya will be able to learn Squad Maneuvers, which boosts your defense and the defense of the other Troopers in your group, depending on how large the group is of course. the power will also grow with ya as you gain skill... so start gatherin all ya Trooper buds together now Wink

enjoy!

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Will these be passive and always on once learned, or will they need to be activated to use them? Are they cumulative? Will there be ones besides defense ones?
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject:

its a passive ability and will always be active as long as you have other Troopers in your group. don't wanna give away all the details you'll just have to wait and experiment Twisted Evil

as far as having more than just defense ones, perhaps...

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject:

A very very important question I MUST have the answer to:

Dragoon...how do you make those bouncing green smiley faces in your posts?!?

Oh, and I think I'll need to make some toorper friends, so they can take hits for me in their fancy little defensive formations. ::nods::
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
Dragoon...how do you make those bouncing green smiley faces in your posts?!?

Ooh, ooh! I know, I do! But should I tell? *consideres thoughtfully for a few minutes* Hrm...wait, I'll give a hint...

So? Did that help? Hmm....maybe I should have included the images of me training these delightful little smiley faces to dance about like this...

~ The Artist Formerly Known as Princess, Beau Etoile ~
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net

Last edited by HR-Beau on Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject:

holy sakes Beau...

*is blinded by the giant red font*
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject:

Ew, that was nasty. Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Have I mentioned yet that Smiley faces are evil?! Yes, they're out to get you! Exclamation Exclamation Neutral
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject:

:adjusts her board monitor hat: alrighty lets get back on topic...next one to post a smiley gets thwaped Twisted Evil

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject:

dang it...:THWAPS herself:

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Troopers...more than just cyberware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: