Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Trap Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Trap Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject:

stasis trap - triggering this trap will stun\paralyze the picker for a small amount of time. Possibly dangerous for those that pick in hunting areas.

plague\disease trap - triggering this trap will cause the picker to become afflicted with some kinda flesh eating disease which should look pretty nasty, maybe even make the sickness contagious

hand\wrist smasher thingy trap - like one of those traps hunters set. .you step on it and it triggers, serreated edges slamming around your ankle. . .like that but hands\wrists

sticky trap - triggering this trap will cause the box to emit a highly adhesive material, causing the box to get stuck to their hands

will'o'the wisp trap - triggering this trap causes the box to emit a series of hypnotizing lights, causing the picker to wander away a few rooms following something only they can see

curse of gemrem trap - heh im sure you can imagine what this trap does, triggering it inflicts the picker with the curse of gemrem for a small duration

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also need some 'funny' traps, but I think make em a bit more rare

laughing gas trap - triggering this trap will fill the room with laughing gas and everyone in it to be affected by it(no skill checks), causing them to do really bizarre things causing RT and such

comedian trap - triggering this trap will cause the picker to tell bad jokes for a small amount of time(not sure if the joke telling should be automatic or just anytime they try and say something)

asapi trap - triggering this trap will cause the picker to speak like an asapi(ie bizarre insults) for a small amount of time(not sure if they should fling insults automatically or just everytime they try and speak)

Thats all I can think of for now.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
True. And with you saying that, it looks like Mimics are going to be a possibility. Woot.

--William

I'm always so cautious about taking ideas from other games.....and in this case, Haelrahv is really very unique about a great many things.

Perhaps instead of mimics, creatures can use fused together shells or cocoons instead of boxes...esspecially the more primitive types of hostiles. It might be interesting if sometimes there shells, cacoons, whatever, had never been cleaned out...just stunned.

You put them in your backpack, and before you know it, the shell/cacoon box comes to life and starts messing up stuff inside your pack...or even eatting stuff made from what the creature eats. OH NO!

And then, to get it OUT of your backpack (whatever) you need to risk hand damage.

Or dump it and all your stuff on the ground.

I think watching someone deal with that would be highly amusing.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject:

I don't really see mimics as something taken from another game, just because they've been in so many games, I don't even know where they originated.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject:

As far as I know, D&D, but I would not be shocked if they originated before that, if not as a game element, as some sort of mythology. I guess it could even be likened to Pandora's box on some level.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Grim
Crazed Monkey

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Voice throwing boxes:
-Individual effect for smaller critters.. the picker will be unable to speak from his or her own lips, whatever he/she says will come from say the sign, the note, the shelf, or other players.
-Room effet for higher ups... noone in the room when the trap goes off will be bale to speak from their own lips... maybe have it so that whatever is said will always come from other players mouths, I think that would be absolutely hilarious.

Grim
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject:

There are tons of really good idea's in here, I think critter boxes, with greater treasure inside was my favorite though Very Happy
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I am gonna make the request that poison boxes be randomized. Sure pain/black vial can be fatal, but the other ones can be just as debilitating. Psion field-picks a poison trap: It's draining or helplessness...Either their focus is drained by significant amounts, or intel/ment reduced heavily. Immobilization and plague...Don't even need an example for these. Would be great to some of the other poisons in the spotlight for once, as it is people only know black vial and immobilization exist.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Trap Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: