FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Weapon wish list.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Weapon wish list.......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Weapon wish list.......

OK, as I promised a friend I'd like to start a new folder where we can give some ideas on what we would like to see with weapons. Reason being is that my friend has been doing alot of research so I hope they'll chime in.

Any rate. An idea I had after watching the Discovery Channel the other night on modern military weaponry. There was some really neat things, one of which was a real "smart gun" that uses real "smart ammo". It blows me away that this actually exists. Any rate, for those that missed this episode. The smart gun is able to scope ranges and calculate thickness of walls, and was equiped with infra red to allow for ranging to enemies. Now the really cool part was the smart ammo. This was basically 20mm bullets that explode, the trick being, you can program the actual bullet when to explode Shocked . The only thing is the bullets explode on impact as well. Say the gun detects a target in a house. They're ducking down just inside a window and the window is open. You can then have the gun program the bullet to detonate when it reaches a certain range, which would be just as it passes through the window. They showed the gun doing all of this. Was too cool.
They had a bunker with 3 dummies in it. They fired a round over the top of the bunker and it detonated right over the top of the dummies. Then they slowed down the replay and you could see the clothing on the dummies being shreded by the shrapnel. Never did get to see what happens when you hit a target with a round directly but hey, it's a 20mm round, it's gonna do some serious dammage.
Now you say a 20mm round. How big is that, doesn't sound too big. I'll put it this way, I worked on F-16's in the Air Force. The cannon as I called it (machine gun you see fired in movies) on an F-16 is a 20mm. To let you know how powerful it is, the F-16 has an auto yaw programming, which kicks the tail flap to the opposite side of the one the cannon (kicks right from sitting in the cockpit view) when the gun is fired. This would normally cause the jet to make a right turn but when firing the gun, this makes it maintain course. Pretty powerful if you ask me.
Even neater still was the fact that they have figured out a way for a shouldered gun to fire a 20mm round. Awesome stuff.
It would be pretty awesome to set something like this up with the use of implants and such. May would be a huge task in coding it though (still maintaining UEU status). Very Happy
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Interesting idea. Though, something of this scale would be so powerful, it would not be practical for daily use as a regular weapon, I think. As a special case weapon, maybe.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, definantly a special case weapon. Ammo would be extremely costly. Maybe more so than the gun as the implants would be what does all the ranging and programming. So costly that say, one would almost not wanna use it which brings me to another question Laughing . Are you guys planning on having invasions and wars? I do hope so, it's a great way to test new critters out and an awesome RPing event. Not to mention a good op to use this weapon.
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject:

20mm = nasty suckers. Used in anti-aircraft guns, Vulcan machine guns on various vehicles.. etc. <g>

And as for exploding bullets, most don't do big booms, but add to wounds etc, but then normal bullets arn't anywhere near the size as 20mm ones <g>.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject:

We'll have invasions and I would imagine the chance for war would also be very good. <grin>

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Trevor!!!

Hey Dragoon, got a pic of a 50mm round? Wanna talk about scary.
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Man, I couldn't even find any for awhile, 50mm is so big it its used for a size rating of a lot of other things.

Here's a 50mm gun.

And here's some 50mm ammunition.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Shocked ..Say goodbye to the Jaddan. I don't think even they can ignore that kind of pain.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Hey! That looks like a 50mm version of what I saw on the Discovery Channel.
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject:

A 50mm round doesn't even need to hit you to kill you...just a near miss and the displaced air will blow half your head off, heh. Nasty weapons those are.
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject:

I was thinking maybe a weapon like the Demonhunter on Warcraft 3 uses.

It's called a warblade in the game. It has like a curved blade one both ends of a handle. Like holding a bow sorta. Watya think?

Tao Shadowstalker
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject:

The only thing about the warblades that I don't like is that there's a little puppy face carved into the center of all of them (though some claim it to be a Pandaren.. pfft). Kind of ruins the whole.. "I'm going to slice your stomach open, now" ..effect. Though, Illidan was always my favourite hero, but I digress.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject:

The only thing about the warblades that I don't like is that there's a little puppy face carved into the center of all of them

That's his fingers. Anyways it doesnt have to be exactly like it.

Tao
 Back to top »
Jin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: How bout...

There's no other way to describe the weapon I'm thinking of but with overused analogies: what about swords;whips;bows that use focused energy rather than actual metals and such? For instance: a lightsaber (no other way to say it) for a sword, or like in the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon the ranger (blond headed oldest guy) had a bow that shot 'magical' green energy arrows. Wtth weapons like pulse guns in place, you'd think it would be obtainable to craft such weapons. (If said weapons are already in place: Sorry, I'm still relatively new...I'll duck my head if so).

Jin of the Lexoins
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject:

There is a sword like you described, um...I can't remember what its called but its similar to the Flare whips. The idea for bows is an interesting idea and seems doable... though honestly it doesn't make much sense to create such a weapon from pulse technology...magic maybe...but trackers don't seem to have much of a magical edge to them, and mages really don't have much to influence them to specialize in it (bows).

By the way...glad to see you're much better at grammar than your Lexoin relative.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Weapon wish list.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: