FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Just an idea - Surrender
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Just an idea - Surrender
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chevonne

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Just an idea - Surrender

Okay, let me start by saying that I'm not the greatest at expressing my ideas...

I don't know if anything like this would ever be possible or not, but here is the idea, the best I can explain it. Feel free to pick it apart. All comments are welcome.

I like the idea of Guardians having a death move that is a choice. This would only pertain to PCs and not to creatures. So I guess this is an idea for live, after the Justice system is in. Basically, the choice would be the PC's whether they wanted to surrender or attack the Guardian (i guess it wouldn't have to be Guardian only, but the idea seems Guardianish, so I'm just saying that). If the PC chose to surrender to the Guardian the Guardian could take the 'miscreant' to a trooper for proper handling, or they could choose to try and attack the Guardian and risk dying.

That's the short version... Surrender may not be the proper term, but here's the idea....

This would be for those times a Guardian chose, or felt they had no other choice other than to attack an aggressor. The idea is that even tho the Guardian MAY be able to kill the PC, they would choose not to. Basically, in the event that a Guardian chose to react violently to an aggressor, they would attack up to what they believed would be the 'killing blow', this would be a gamble on their part. When they believe their next blow would kill their opponent, they would type a special command such as.. I don't know... choice <target>.... this would give the agressor a message like: Guardian has given you the option of surrender! you may either surrender or struggle, which would you like to do? (Agents may even have a 3rd option of escaping?). Whatever the PC chooses would be a gamble, except surrending, which would be a sure-thing. If they chose to attack, the Guardian would have one last chance to hit the person again for the death blow.

I'm not sure if all that made sense, but after the end of a long fight with someone, the end of it would look something like this.....

GUARDIAN: >Pummel <target>
You hit <target> real hard and he’s on the ground bleeding from the mouth, panting.
GUARDIAN: >CHOICE <target>
You look as if to give <target> a choice between mending his evil ways or dying on the spot stopping just as your hand reaches his neck. (I’m sure someone else can come up with a better description.)
><TARGET> has given up! Notify a trooper!

or....

><target> Just tried to hit you again!
This choice by the attacker results in a check. Whether the next (and only the next) blow would end in death or not.

So a guardian would use this when they think their next move will kill the target and either the guardian doesn’t want them to die or they want them to know they could kill them but choose not to (intimidation).

Okay, now that I have written all that out... I guess it's not as "guardianish" as I thought. It just seemed to me that guardians would be more willing to incapacitate people rather than kill them. I guess I was thinking that an Agent in the same position would assasinate them, a Merc would just kill them (fulfilling a contract), and a trooper would just arrest them. So, I thought maybe a Guardian would choose this option.

Well anyway, I look forward to any comments at all, even negative ones.

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
Chevonne

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject:

okay, either ya'll are too overwhelmed to say so, or this idea sucks.

No opinions even?

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject:

Sounds interesting.
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject:

I'll need to think about it for a bit before I decide if it'll work or not. Maybe, and maybe with some modifications, no promises.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject:

While I don't know how I feel about surrender, it would be nice to have a way to 'pull punches' if we're skilled enough to.

I'd like this just because while I would like to hold someone off from assaulting Yaru, I'd also rather not kill them.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Just an idea - Surrender
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: