FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Implants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Implants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject:

look at leg
You see nothing special.
You notice a price tag on a left cyber leg indicating that it is for sale. The price is $15000. You can BUY it, if you like.

Well..that tells me it costs me money. But I was kind of looking for what stat it will boost. Maybe I'm missing the "what our stuff does" room?

And just to verify..I know upgrades are available, but do all the parts come with the upgrades already installed? If so, that must mean the only reason upgrades are for sale is..um..because your upgrades will break?
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Limbs by themselves don't boost stats or skills, they are just more durable and can take more damage. In order to get any bonuses, you'll need to buy the upgrades. Oh yes, and I should add, only Techs can upgrade your limbs.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject:

So, I got a nice new right cyber hand. But the coordination bonus is only 3 points. I'm told, however, that the targeting chip bonus at least goes on a sliding scale based on your marksmanship and weapon ranks.

Now it makes sense; I have low skills, therefore a low bonus. So what I can do to fix it? What skills will help coordination? Hmm..athletics, and..um..anybody know if athletics is even one?

What about perception, strength and agility? Logical stuff might be..tracking..athletics again..and acrobatics?
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Generally speaking stat bonuses for cybernetic upgrades are a fixed rate, where as skills are a percentage. So that coord chip will not grow, its only a boost of 3. In the case of the targetting chip, it helps your marksmanship and pulse (no other weapons) and it grows slowly over time. Different levels of upgrades will most likely be available when we are out of the testing phase, though for now there will only be the one.

Quote:
Now it makes sense; I have low skills, therefore a low bonus. So what I can do to fix it? What skills will help coordination? Hmm..athletics, and..um..anybody know if athletics is even one?

What about perception, strength and agility? Logical stuff might be..tracking..athletics again..and acrobatics?

I think your a little confused on how the stats and skills are working, or I'm misunderstanding what your saying. Stats and skills are two separate entities, though together they both help you accomplish a goal. So say I was carving a bow, it would take into account my coordination stat and my craftsmanship skill. Skills do not help stats grow, you need spend stat points on them in order to raise them, just as you would spend skill points to raise any skills. Hope this helps Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I thought your skill would somehow help the implant boost the stat..which doesn't make much sense since there isn't a targeting stat. ::ducks::

Different question then: does each upgrade give 3 points, and if you have, say, two hands, will you get 6?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Just a small point: 3 points of stat is not insignificant by any means. Just to put this into perspective, let's say one were to acquire ten stat boosting items with 3 points each. That is, essentially, 6 player levels worth of stat raises (using the average stat cost of 10).

This is only further evidenced at higher levels where stats on average cost much more.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Different question then: does each upgrade give 3 points, and if you have, say, two hands, will you get 6?

Yes Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject:

It probably will be more helpful at higher levels, but..

Quote:
let's say one were to acquire ten stat boosting items

Wouldn't one have to spend a significant amount of stat points on charisma to get 10 cyber parts? Or does your essence come back over time, or is there a different way besides charisma to get it back up..?

Oh, and can you put, say, 2 coordination upgrade chips in a hand and get 6 points?
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject:

Easy stuff first Very Happy

Quote:
Oh, and can you put, say, 2 coordination upgrade chips in a hand and get 6 points?

Yes, you can, though hands come standard with two slots, and there is no current method to uninstall upgrades, so you need to pick and choose your upgrades carefully.

Quote:
Wouldn't one have to spend a significant amount of stat points on charisma to get 10 cyber parts? Or does your essence come back over time, or is there a different way besides charisma to get it back up..?

You are right, having 10 cyber parts would take a good deal of charisma to install and might not even be possible considering the great amount of essence involved. Though let me clarify, essence loss occurs when the socket is installed. Once that socket is installed there is no way to regain that essence unless you either A) get more charisma, and thus a bigger pool, or B) you die, removing the socket. Upgrades and limbs do not cost you any essence to wear. Lemme know if you have any other questions.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject:

So, looking at what kind of charisma it's going to cost me to get more cyber stuff, I have come to the realization that Darju are seriously screwed when it comes to cyberwear.

No matter what stat I try to raise with cyberwear, it's always going to be easier to just train it, because charisma will always take a bigger hit than that stat.

Assuming I can get 3 joints into one leg or arm (I know you said multiple chips work, not sure about other parts), I'd get a bonus of 9 in agility.

Unfortunately, after I get my other hand ('cause I want coordination), my essence will be at 20; assuming it costs the same amount of essence for the second as it did for the first.

Also, assuming charisma raises your essence 2% each time, I'll need 11 more points to get enough for another implant. Which will cost me 176 points. The point at which this balances out, making the cost of raising agility 9 times greater than 176? Why, that'll be when I have 68 agility. Heh.

Unless many of my assumptions are wrong (and chances are good there since I seem to be wrong a lot here), my cybernetic future looks kind of bleak.

I'm not complaining at all about the 12-point bonus to coordination I'll get, just disappointed to learn that I won't be getting anything else for a long time.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject:

We're going to be changing stat costs at some point, so this is probably moot, but it is a good observation nonetheless. I don't know if you happen to be a Trooper, if so, you have an essence bonus (and it is a percentage) which helps some.

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject:

My first choice was Trooper; figured it would be good to use magic, tech, and hunt..but that was before I found out we could make so much cool stuff, so right now I don't plan on having anything but an Artisan.
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Easy stuff first Very Happy

Quote:

Yes, you can, though hands come standard with two slots, and there is no current method to uninstall upgrades, so you need to pick and choose your upgrades carefully.

Quote:

You are right, having 10 cyber parts would take a good deal of charisma to install and might not even be possible considering the great amount of essence involved. Though let me clarify, essence loss occurs when the socket is installed. Once that socket is installed there is no way to regain that essence unless you either A) get more charisma, and thus a bigger pool, or B) you die, removing the socket. Upgrades and limbs do not cost you any essence to wear. Lemme know if you have any other questions.

So then question, If you already have a cyber arm, does it cost essense to get a cyber hand? Because you'd only have the one socket with the arm already and the hand would attack to a cybernetic arm... I think you get the picture.

Kelasa
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I believe the hand also uses a socket regardless of the arm and therefore uses essence.

Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I believe the hand also uses a socket regardless of the arm and therefore uses essence.

Righty-o. Both hand and arm have a socket. Actually its impossible to get a cyber arm and not get a cyber hand. Once the arms gone, there is no way to reconnect your old hand, either you get a cyber one or run around with a hook or something. Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Implants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: