FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
RPing a Darju?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Darju » RPing a Darju?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nsa

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Darju past and present...

This story of the sad beginnings from which the Darju have come is not without a small ray of hope, however. For despite the stranglehold the evil slave masters have upon them, some of the Darju people have managed to escape the wretched world of Vkeftku. Some believe the dark gods still have control over the lives of even these mortals, despite any barriers of distance and time; some believe they are finally free. Even still, with such a bitter and terrible past, it remains to be seen if they can live a better, brighter life on their own.

just the last part of the history/myth of Darju considering this i wouldnt suppose Darju would have let themselves create close ties with anyone since it would have been a weakness to be used by the evil slaves masters ...after generations this would have been built in as a survival instinct...so saying it may take many generations of freedom and good life to undo all that...
and in so saying...i do have moments of unreasonable anger to which i wish to kill and rend those who i think offend me...and as far as the males I have ONLY been interested in the Darju men...all other races have seemed weak and sickly in comparison... (straight from the mouth of a Darju female)
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject:

That's exactly how a typical Darju should be.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: and now for something completely different.

jade is an interesting case.

first, dreg, her mum, is human, making jade half-human. because of the lack of multiracial options, jade became darju by default. the father was darju but is unknown (you know dreg!) currently deblaeju kruhtha is looking to marry dreg so he's become jade's dad.

jade was born with no markings, brown skin, dark brown hair and eyes. yes, this is brown, and not 'tan' which is ambiguous and can mean anything from looking like a tan caucasian to an hispanic or native american. she still has the elfin ears, albeit muted, making her look like a wolfish human more than anything.

darju look like their hair tends toward glossy and straight or wavy. jades is feathered in a short cut.

overall, the look is close to t'pol from star trek: enterprise. very close, and intentionally so.

jade is prone to bouts of brooding silence. shes somewhat conservative, especially in terms of dress and the things of which she approves. she does not, however, lack a sense of humour. issues like sex, drugs, alcohol, odd body piercings will get you an '..' from her. but dont worry. she harbours no grudges against others and prefers that they do what they will.

again, think t'pol. jade loves logic and puzzles.

jade is fiercely loyal to her fellow troopers, her family and friends. she also refuses to be the typical offencive person described in the 'races' section. perhaps thats the human speaking.

she makes a great soldier.

You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
she still has the elfin ears

Just soyou know, Darju aren't supposed to have pointy elf ears, I know the picture on the site is a little deceiving.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
jade

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: yeap.

way decieving, morri. a friend kept insisting that darju were supposed to be caricatures of koreans. in either case, thats who i am. maybe sometime new artwork can be done. hell, id be glad to do it, if no-one else will.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject:

From an artist's perspective, that was how the artist of those images interpreted the information that they were given when drawing up the concepts. Had a different artist done them, they might have came out completely different. Artistic liscence and stuff. Smile Like the laws of pirates...consider them "guidelines".
jade

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: laughs

erm .. dante .. i know that. im an artist. but in either case, once we can clarify a few things, doing the artwork should be no problem
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject:

What do you need clarified? Smile

Back to top »
jade

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: ok long post

things just like what morri pointed out: what sort of general facial features do darju have, regarding eye shape, nose, ears and so forth? im sure it varies by clan, but considering how endogamous we're taken to be, i dont think thered be that much variance. maybe between clans. if not the pointy ears seen in the picture, i assume we have round ones. id always been wondering if an additional appearance slot could be added for 'eye shape' in addition to 'eye colour.' like me, id choose almond-shaped eyes. someone else might choose round eyes. and the 'feline' issue has bothered me for a year now. even a friend i was helping start out the other day beamed at me, 'oh wow, cat-people!' ¬_¬

regarding appearance, id always thought we were more humanoid, save for the colouring and slight change to musculature/stature. we tend toward heavier weight compared to an human of equal height, and have a wide range of heights. i believe tshar was 7'9", vormik 7'11" or thereabouts. all those measurements fit in with the general description of us being muscular and hunter-combat types. its just the look im interested in. so, anything in that area would be helpful.

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject:

Hmm. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think that Darju facial features should be considered *too* much more or less variable than that of Humans, but there's probably a little more room for it. The primary differences in appearance between the two would be complexions, the bands/stripes/etc (note: females have more varieties of markings than males), natural hair colors, and yes build. Darju are, generally, a little more muscled and rugged. Not necessarily stockier, though.

While Darju are -not- cat people, they share a lot of the qualities you'd expect: agile, toned, balanced, and strong without looking like a powerhouse necessarily. In appearance, their only real comparison though, would be the markings which could easily resemble something akin to tiger stripes or leopard spots.

Ears can in some cases look pointed, but in the way human ears would look pointed, for the most part. They don't have pointed, drawn back ears like cats, nor do they have true pointed ears like an elf or a vulcan. It just so happens that John's rendering of the race gave this illusion. You'll notice it on some other stuff he's done too.

A Darju could have fairly pointed ears. I suppose a rare one could have really pointed ears. But this is far from typical. And *no* Darju has a tail, whiskers, etc, because they are not cat people. ;D

Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject:

Jade wrote:
first, dreg, her mum, is human, making jade half-human. because of the lack of multiracial options, jade became darju by default. the father was darju but is unknown (you know dreg!)

Okies, I confess. Jade, I might be your daddy. I found Dreg drunk one night and tried to take her to the inn and lock her in there so that nobody would take advantage of her, but alas, she stunned me by biting me in the nether region. She then proceded to have her way with me. The rest of the night was a blur. I woke up the next morning with only the the teethmarks as a reminder of what happened. My nether region still aches whenever Dreg is nearby. Heh.
jade

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: whos my father?

hm. i think ill just go .. run for my life now.

but in either case, id think wed look closer alike if that was true.

still, its good for thought.

Back to top »
jade

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: nods

and got it, trev. works for me. thanks, this will make drawing a lot easier. fun with coloured pencil!
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I think some of the confusion between Darju and felines is the backhair. Darju backhair isn't like fur, it's hair, like that skeezy guy on the beach that you think is wearing a sweater until he turns around.
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject:

HR-Hunter wrote:
I think some of the confusion between Darju and felines is the backhair. Darju backhair isn't like fur, it's hair, like that skeezy guy on the beach that you think is wearing a sweater until he turns around.
;;laughs;; oh gosh yes
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Darju » RPing a Darju?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: