Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Racism is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Racism is Dead
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject:

The problem with racism in Haelrahv [as of now] is that there just aren't enough people of each race in game at this time to be uh, racist with, heh.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I don't really think any other races are truely racist other then Eolai, though. Alteri are the happy-go-lucky type that love everyone, and Darju aren't racist...they are just uncivilized hermits. Jaddan are the really nice, stupid people. The humans are the only ones that I could see being racist too, but it's more of a personal choice then something they have been taught throughout their whole life. So if you take the Eolai:everyone else ratio, there are plenty of people to hate. Smile
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I agree, I'd love to see more racism. It makes for very interesting RP conflict. Back when I played that other game I was a prydaen, not one of the kitty ones, one of the hardcore (read: snobby) ones that always talked in prydaenese and only talked in common to tell people they looked tasty. I've ran into a few people of other races that were equally racist right back, and while my character didn't like them, me as a player thought they were great. On a side note, another staff member was one of those prydaen haters, and I didn't know him till we met here as staff, small world Wink .
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and while my character didn't like them, me as a player thought they were great.

I have to say I totally TOTALLY agree with this. *hugs Hunter*

Hey, I thought up a new slogan for becoming Eolai! "Want to piss people off and be judgemental? Wish your life was entitled Pride and Prejudice? Eolai is the race for you!"
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
and Darju aren't racist...they are just uncivilized hermits.

We're not hermits, we just don't like you.
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jaddan are the really nice, stupid people.

Dante nice? Definately. Dante stupid? Well...stupid is in the eye of the beholder. Wink
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't really think any other races are truely racist other then Eolai, though.

I should probably re-read the creation legends again, but if I remember right each native-race (atleast Alteri's, Jadden, and Eolai) seems to retell the "beginning" with them on the fore front, either as being gods, or as being the favorites of the gods. I think given this, any race has the "history" at their disposal to bend to a defense of their race's sovreignty. But seeing as you Eolai are so pretty (to eachother and humans atleast) I agree you'd have a special penchant for it. Just not an unchallenged one. ;]

I think racism RP is a great tool to submerse yourself and others in the game world. However, I hope some will take the "what proof do we have that any of these creation legends are true?" side of the coin, and argue that the origins of all races need to be based on more concrete data than what I assume to be oral histories. I could even see an Eolai taking this stand point out of their own hubris: "If we're descended from gods.. how have we fallen so far from our prior glory? Are we bastard children? Just as any human's beauty pales compared to ours, how placid our own must be in the eyes of our distant fore-fathers! There must be another explination for our apparent superiority." Hrm.. I want the "professor" title now. :p

Quote:
So if you take the Eolai:everyone else ratio, there are plenty of people to hate.

Haidee and Aesal better not found an Eolai exclusive trailor park or anything! Man, I'll be so jealous. Laughing
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Seeing as Bell ran away from her home because she couldn't stand the cloistered, ethnocentric and uber-religious life of her family... Bell would probably be one to argue against racism. Especially being a lawyer and all *G*

But at the same time because I believe we never truly come out of any experience unscathed, I intend that she will have some racist opinions that affects her but she's unaware of it and denies it vehemently.

Smile I just haven't figured out how yet.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
How about Eolai/Jaddan couples? ^_^;

Razz

People overlook the joys of a severely physically mismatched couple. Err...o.O
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
Dante wrote:
How about Eolai/Jaddan couples? ^_^;

Razz

People overlook the joys of a severely physically mismatched couple. Err...o.O

That they do, Brenton....that they do. ^_^ I imagine a Jaddan/Alteri combination would be either more joy or simply a loud, screaming *POP!* though... O_o;
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject:

Or it could be a complete dud if the jaddan and alteri swapped places. Wink
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject:

HR-Hunter wrote:
Or it could be a complete dud if the jaddan and alteri swapped places. Wink

True dat. Twisted Evil
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject:

Pfft, you went and twisted my innocent comment, for shame!

Getting back to the original topic though....I don't think an Eolai dating a different race is at all comparable to dating an animal. It doesn't say anywhere that the Eolai believe that the other races are complete morons. Just that we know better. More likely it'd be more comparable to someone in their mid 20's dating a teenager. It sounds bad generally, but there are always some cases where it's good (at least I would think?).

Also, in my opinion, Jaddan and Eolai couples would be the best match outisde of an Eolai-Eolai relationship. You've got unknowingly arrogant person along with a person that's most likely just going to smile and nod if they say something a bit offensive (not that they'd sit there and take heaps of abuse...I just think they'd just be more understanding of the Eolai culture and let it slide)
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Haidee and Aesal better not found an Eolai exclusive trailor park or anything! Man, I'll be so jealous.

Yes we did, and you're not invited! Razz

Quote:
Also, in my opinion, Jaddan and Eolai couples would be the best match outisde of an Eolai-Eolai relationship. You've got unknowingly arrogant person along with a person that's most likely just going to smile and nod if they say something a bit offensive (not that they'd sit there and take heaps of abuse...I just think they'd just be more understanding of the Eolai culture and let it slide)

I just think that Eolai would be too prideful to be with someone less superior then them. After all, it says that social standing takes top priority over and family relationships, which I would assume would include love. How many times have you heard the story about the popular kid who liked the unpopular one, but didn't pursue the relationship because they were afraid their peers would ostracize them?

On top of all of that, and I'm sure that Eolai would consider Jaddan disgusting looking as well as very dim witted. But, eh...love triumphs over all, hmm. Wink
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I have read over Eolai, Alteri and all the other histories more than once. I guess there's always one or two not the norm in a race, like I consider Inaira to be. She just thinks those alteris are soooooooooo cute. Probably partly because they're so different looking, but also she knows the history and the close bond between alteri and eolai, so Ina does feel close to the little buggers. I do always like to go back read the stories again though, and for anyone that is interested, there are more in depth books on Chodaku, tracing even the political aspects of Haelrahv. Quite interesting and I think whoever did the history, did a great job, so thanks go to all involved in writing it all up.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Racism is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: