FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Staring. ;)
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Staring. ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If someone looks at you, would you like to receive a message that lets you know they looked at you?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
I don't care either way!
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 35

HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Staring. ;)

I'm interested to see the results of this one.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject:

Since I can't vote I will say in MO when it used to show someone just looking at you it drove me nuts. I think a look is something that doesn't need to be shown because it could be just a "oh, who are you and what do you look like" thing. A glance, on the other hand, is more of an RPable thing...you glance at someone for a reason....if that makes any sense.

Eleanora (who will defer to whatever gets decided, but wanted to throw that in anyway)
Jinx

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject:

HR-Eleanora wrote:
I think a look is something that doesn't need to be shown because it could be just a "oh, who are you and what do you look like" thing. A glance, on the other hand, is more of an RPable thing...you glance at someone for a reason....if that makes any sense.

I agree. Also, someone could look at you without you knowing it, so unless it went off of some kind of observation skill and checked if you caught them looking (which would probably be too much trouble for such a simple thing), then I'd say no.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be kind of interesting to see who's checking you out at points, but I wouldn't want to walk into a room with 20 people and get messaged that 15 of them just looked at me. That's a hell of a lot of scroll to deal with. Perhaps a way to turn the messaging you receive for it on or off?
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Gotta stamp a big no on this one. I myself, and many others I know, have this obsessive desire to LOOK at people all the time, maybe its just a DR thing, but LOOK is used for so many things that its used constantly. I'd go buggy if I seen everytime someone look at me, and get weird looks because I kept looking at someone.
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I think agree with the general concensus. I don't like the idea of getting a message when someone looks at me. Makes me paranoid...well more MORE paranoid Wink

I agree with Eleanora that, using other ways, like glance, stare, glare are very affective ways to get the point across that you are looking at the other person while adding a bit of emotion to it.

Perhaps a look verb with different types of emotes?

LOOK ANGRY - so and so looks you over, their eyes narrowed angrily.
LOOK FLIRT - so and so glances at you beneath lowered lashes, smiling coyly.
LOOK CURIOUS - so and so looks at you with a curious expression.
LOOK INSANE - so and so looks at you, their eyebrows slightly raised. Obviously he/she thinks you're missing a few screws!

Smile just some ideas.

~ Jocelyn
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think it would be kind of interesting to see who's checking you out at points, but I wouldn't want to walk into a room with 20 people and get messaged that 15 of them just looked at me. That's a hell of a lot of scroll to deal with.

Yeah, I gotta agree with Jocelyn... might make someone REALLY nervous. Wink

"STOP LOOKING AT ME!! <runs away>"
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject:

Even paranoids have enemies <g>

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Being a very paranoid person myself, I *LIKE* to know when someone looks at me, but then again....I'm also a fan of being able to turn features like look notification on & off.

-- Beau Ciel
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject:

I'm with Beau on this one. I'd like to know as it would be fun to RP but at the same time have an avoid for it as well for those times I just don't feel like gettin into it with anyone.
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject:

Dante: That's because you're odd. Razz

But...I don't care much, either way. Smile

I do remember Exxy being mad at me 'cause I was LOOKing at him often and he saw each one. heh. Then he did it to me. :/

-SoulTorn, player of Kilan in DR and Glim in Eaxia
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Los Spiral

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I like visual interaction as was mentioned and attributed to the various sight-type verbs (glance, stare, etc)... but I tend to look at other characters a lot during conversations and interaction, much like you would talking to a friend in real life. Spammy!
I think: Keep the two seperate.
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm with the "no"s for the sake of scroll alone, both unintended and intended. But as far as the practical side...

If you want someone to know that you're looking at them, you stare. Most people don't even notice when someone looks at them, so I think it's not even realistic for you to know if everyone in the room has taken a quick glance at you. I'm not even sure if glancing should be seen by the person being glanced at, because that's an even shorter version of look IMO. It's all so complicated because in these games, we're face to face and within arm's reach of everyone in the room (any of YOU ever get a message saying someone was too far away to smack?), and at the same time, we're not.

So, for the sake of practicality, I'm with the NOs on this one. I'm not even sure if I want to know if people are looking at me while in GM form, it's creepy.

-Zoz

"Paranoia, Paranoia, everybody's coming to get me!!"
 Back to top »
Striker

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject:

An emphatic No. I have to say that the extra verbs, look angry, look happy, look flirt, etc.. Awesome idea.

but as a <<wince>> seasoned DR player.... look in general would drive me nuts.. heh heh Very Happy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Staring. ;)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: