FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Intellect?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Intellect?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Intellect?

Ok, I trained intellect up to 7, but when i chose traits, I had to go train stats all over again. This time, I didn't put anything into intel and it hasn't seemed to make a difference. Does intel play a big enough part in training to matter? If so, what's a reasonable number to stop training it at?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject:

It affects a number of things, most not very obvious but definitely there. There is a post somewhere with a listing of all the things... but included are experience pool size, experience "waste", and magic resist.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject:

Good ol' mentals. Intel and ment will increase your exp pool size, as well as reduce exp drain "waste." From what I understand, intel and ment will make your pool larger, so it takes longer to fill, so you get more from a full pool, and it takes longer to drain.

As for agent stuff... maybe it helps with Research and Poisons, but I'm really not sure.

Edit: aww, Trevor beat me.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Intellect?

Lertig wrote:
Ok, I trained intellect up to 7, but when i chose traits, I had to go train stats all over again. This time, I didn't put anything into intel and it hasn't seemed to make a difference. Does intel play a big enough part in training to matter? If so, what's a reasonable number to stop training it at?

1. Each point of intellect (up to 100) raises your exp pool size by 4.

2. Each (approximately) 3 points of intellect raise your magic resist by 1%.

3. Each (approximately) 10 points of intellect raise your mental resist by 1%.

4. Raising your intellect reduces the amount of experience "wasted" while draining. How this affects you really depends on your play style (I'm going to assume for any style, one of your goals is to maximize exp gain).

With your intellect below 10, around 41% of the exp in your pool is wasted, which means that the time it takes you to drain from full to empty is going to be fairly short. If you're constantly earning new exp and are rarely AFK draining for long, then this (plus the relatively small pool size) isn't a big deal.

If you leave your character AFK draining for several hours at a time (like I do), then training intellect is probably worth it. Experience waste is completely eliminated at somewhere around 80 points of intellect, so at that point not only is your exp pool about 300 points larger, but it all gets absorbed into your permanent exp.

5. More intellect is supposed to increase how much exp you get from everything you do, but I've never cared to test this.

6. There are various skills/abilities that use intellect. If you use Magic, you're definitely going to want to raise this stat regardless of everything else I said.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Intellect?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: