Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Newb Psionic
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Psionics » Newb Psionic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athesdan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Newb Psionic

Hello, I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. I'm Athesdan, a recent DR refugee, and as of right now the newest of all newb psionics.

I would like to say thank you to Seth, Arson and Squall for all the help, it is actions like this that make new people feel welcome and promotes growth for the game.

I can't wait to shoot something with my gridgun. =)

Now as a newbie psionic I have to choose a few powers for myself, well the information I have been able to gather has been helpful but not as in depth as I would like, so I cast my question to the masses (such as they are)...

What powers would you recommend to the newbie and why?

What skills should I be paying attention to? Obviously evasion and such, occult lore and psionic ability, but what of research and spell research, etc?

As an Alteri (spelling?) should I worry about investing heavily in strength and stamina with my initial 60 points?

-Athesdan
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Newb Psionic

Unless you plan to carry a lot, there is no need for strength. This is because you can theoretically hunt fine just with your psionic powers.

The biggest stat to invest in as a psionic is mentality. It increases your focus pool as well as the power of your psionic abilities.

If you plan to hunt, invest in some agility. Vit is good, too, but as an Alteri that costs a nice chunk to train. You might just want to be able to dodge enough so that you're never hit.

NEWS 16 is your best source of what stats do what in combat.

Be sure you check out Haidee's maps, located at the player hosted websites link on Haelrahv's main page.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject:

Well...if you're going to be fighting a lot, I would recommend either Rime Cloud, Paralysis, and/or Blindness before getting the attack powers. They can all debilitate a nasty and make your life easier. Rime Cloud has the bonus of doing many pulses over time and doing slight damage.

If you're not going to be fighting a lot, perhaps start on the other powers like Psychic Sight, Sense Alignment, or the stat buff powers. I recommend Unlock as well...though it's not fool proof since some boxes are made from magic resistent materials.

As an Alteri, I would say to go for evasion, as that will be the easiest to use with your stat bonuses/penalties. To go with that one, get Precognition to give your agility a boost.

As for other skills...that depends on what you want to do. We can triple train Ecology, which will help out for making money with commodities, gathering alchemy supplies, and getting wood for carving. Skills might be less of an issue soon though, if that big proposal passes.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Newb Psionic

Quote:
Be sure you check out Haidee's maps, located at the player hosted websites link on Haelrahv's main page.

http://haidee.haelrahv.net/
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Deblaeju

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject:

as for powers i'd suggest don't take unlock until there are no other powers left to get. i'd get attune eyesight, precognition, telepathy(you get this free i believe as alteri) an attacks powers, rime cloud, an any of the other attack powers ye like. to get paralysis you need to have blindness first, so i'd go with rime cloud before those two. for focus power, your stats are in this order of importance (mentality, intel, charisma), i'd suggest to start with in stats work all them to 10. than go from there, will give ye good base to start with.

skills:
your two weapon specializations, evasion, psionic ability, occult lore i'd max these everytime. research learn for while, an can stop if you wish, needed at first, helpful later. spell research/spell casting you don't need unless your goin to learn magic spells. alteri i'd suggest light armor, max it until you can wear the armor without hinderance before using armor.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Psionics » Newb Psionic
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: