FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
My main concern as a bureaucrat
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » My main concern as a bureaucrat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: My main concern as a bureaucrat

...is making money.

Just wanted to let you know why I became a bureaucrat.

No, money isn't everything, but I joined bureaucrats because I saw it as a way to play a profession that is known for its savvy business sense. That means MONEY, profit, etc.

I'm not saying I want to make a huge assload of money compared to other professions. No of course not, but I want a way for bureaucrats to MAKE money by BEING bureaucrats.

Challenges with satisfactory rewards is what I signed up for. Smile

Artisans have ways of making money that is key to their profession. And hopefully there will be more activities for them that doesn't involve just sitting there repetitively carving/tailoring for the future....but that's another topic....for another folder *cough*...

Okay, so maybe at my level, I shouldn't be expecting to win cases as much. And I'm really glad you're going to fix the UTTER loss vs total win way of recording on cases, because it's damn depressing to succeed a little, but still count as an utter failure.

There's not many more things we can do that doesn't involve other players.

I would like to see some activities that doesn't force me to have to deal with people only. RP is all good and dandy. But let's be realistic too, with lots of bickering and in-fighting, RP can end up being tossed in the drain and it may become hard to make a profit as a bureaucrat solely through dealing with people. I would like to see activities that isn't dependent on the benignity of others.

I would also like to see more activities for bureaucrats which young bureaucrats have some control over. Smile

Like a stock market thing. That's cool. It has major risks, but it has decent rewards, and it will have some median too. I like that.

Or something that a young bureaucrat can dabble in and not be expected to fail half the time. The rewards won't be as great, but it's at least a steady profit. Court cases are fun, but it needs work so it doesn't discourage with complete failure.

I was thinking on the politics side, you could get approached by lobbyists to get their bills heard in the house of reps or something and you could help by running around getting paperwork filed. But I can't see how that would actually work yet or how you get paid without it being called a bribe... *G*

Or hold NPC seminars at hotels and other convention areas about various topics, with your charisma and reputation determining how many people actually attend, for money and teaching *G*

Maybe there's be MORE paperwork involved in setting up seminars too...

...or getting permits to protest...and stuff.

I'm not good at coming up with suggestions, sorry. I'll try to think of some workable ideas. Sad

But anyway I just wanted to let you know where I would like our focus as a bureaucrat to be. ON MONEY AND POWER!!!

Smile

With affection,
Belethe
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I was thinking on the politics side, you could get approached by lobbyists to get their bills heard in the house of reps or something and you could help by running around getting paperwork filed. But I can't see how that would actually work yet or how you get paid without it being called a bribe... *G*

Neat idea! Very Happy I just wanted to comment as History guru that something like would be possible in Abbindolare since their government is the most similar to the one on Earth (although they might not necessarily have lobbyists or a house of representatives per say), but it wouldn't really work well in Llanfair since it is a monarchy.

I also just wanted to reiterate while I'm here that each city has a different governing body. There won't be anything like a global case system, things will work differently depending on what city you reside in and a case wouldn’t get global recognition unless it was heinous enough to warrant going to the Consortium. [blatentplug] If you haven’t already, check out Muja’s on Chodaku for more info on each city! [/blatentplug]

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
I also just wanted to reiterate while I'm here that each city has a different governing body. There won't be anything like a global case system, things will work differently depending on what city you reside in and a case wouldn’t get global recognition unless it was heinous enough to warrant going to the Consortium. [blatentplug] If you haven’t already, check out Muja’s on Chodaku for more info on each city! [/blatentplug]
\

OoooooOOOooooo....I'm there~!

(Go Postcount ++!)
Kelasa

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject:

An idea for young crats to use or raise law skill when the new system goes into effect would be tax collection. Start at the courthouse, maybe a city treasurer's office. Ask the clerk there for an errand or job. They give you some bill or notice for various shops around town, or even wandering static NPCs, about taxes being due. The NPC then fills a locked box (so the person doesn't just run off with the taxes!) and the bureaucrat then returns it to where they got the job from.

Maybe to even further that idea various shops could use bill-collectors, say the alchemy shop sent 100 flasks to the medic shop for putting dermagels in and needed to collect the money due, use the same mechanics as for tax collection.
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
I just wanted to comment as History guru that something like would be possible in Abbindolare since their government is the most similar to the one on Earth (although they might not necessarily have lobbyists or a house of representatives per say), but it wouldn't really work well in Llanfair since it is a monarchy.

Yeah, I realized that after Aesal reminded me it was a queendom. Embarassed But I figured there would be other cities in live so it wouldn't be completely out of the question. Smile

And I'm a lazy player! I read all the books. But the info...uh..sorta trickled away. Smile Sorry!

Kelasa wrote:
An idea for young crats to use or raise law skill when the new system goes into effect would be tax collection. ... bill collection...

OOOH! And we can intimidate and persuade people and stuff! That's cool! I like that idea. Smile

Belethe
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » My main concern as a bureaucrat
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: