FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Down with spell research!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Down with spell research!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Mickey truely awesome? *sighs happily* I wouldn't trade him for any other guru.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Whee!
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
As for the Blood Siphon thing, it's Dance of Freedom, right? I did cast that but for some reason he could still hit me with it. *grumbles*

No, but the Dance of Freedom is nice for duration effect stuff like Shrink and the various lingering Psi attacks (the drawback being that it also negates beneficial spells/powers as well).

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Don't thank me; the proposal wasn't my idea.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shalpa

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
...but after I've maxed out on Singing, Dancing, String, Wind, Rhythm, Evasion, Acrobatics, Athletics, and Spell Research, it leaves just enough for me to put all I can into Fishing (which is what I curently use for getting money and exp) and a little into Persuasion.

Is spell research still a requirement? I know it's going away in Live...

"What happens if I..."

***BBZZZZZTTT!!!***

"...Oh."
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject:

shalpa wrote:
Haidee wrote:
...but after I've maxed out on Singing, Dancing, String, Wind, Rhythm, Evasion, Acrobatics, Athletics, and Spell Research, it leaves just enough for me to put all I can into Fishing (which is what I curently use for getting money and exp) and a little into Persuasion.

Is spell research still a requirement? I know it's going away in Live...

yes
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it's about 100 of my skill points that I can't get back unless I reallocate. Then I'll just hope and pray that no other spellsongs come out after that. ><
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm not trying to nitpick -- especially after this thread has been dead for awhile -- but I think you guys are fine with skill points. I mean, noone ever said you had to learn every single instrument (including dancing and singing). Not many people in the real world can play any musical device they happen upon, anyway.

That's what I would do as a Performer, at least. Speciailize in one area and stick with that. If I really wanted a non-combat character, anyway.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Granted, I know that the more levels you gain, the more skill points you get to spread out. I'm able to be combat-oriented now with maxed out skills in everything I need to fight, but that doesn't make it any less easy for younger Performers to be able to train stuff. You can't exactly get a decent amount of experience from doing spellsongs alone, especially when you have a fast draining rate.

Besides, I think the thing that is causing the most problems is the fact that we have a basically useless skill that we need to train. How would you feel about throwing away 100 skill points to simply be able to do whatever it is that your profession is supposed to do? The only thing I'm trying to point out is that spell research has no useful function and is something that could easily be converted into something more useful. The lack of skill points to spend is simply a byproduct of having to train a trivial skill.
 Back to top »
shalpa

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
noone ever said you had to learn every single instrument (including dancing and singing). Not many people in the real world can play any musical device they happen upon, anyway.

That's what I would do as a Performer, at least. Speciailize in one area and stick with that. If I really wanted a non-combat character, anyway.

--William

You would be doing yourself a disservice by not being able to perform the spellsongs that require that instrument, then.

"What happens if I..."

***BBZZZZZTTT!!!***

"...Oh."
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Isn't Mickey truely awesome? *sighs happily* I wouldn't trade him for any other guru.

How about for one who would make a Cook's Ditty? (Yeah I know that was an old post.)
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject:

This is by no means an attack, William, but show me someone who thinks Performers have ample skill points, and I'll show you someone that's never played a Performer. Until a character reaches the skill cap, they're effectively spending 13 of 15 skill points acquired upon levelling; then take the cost of Spell Research (which has to at least equal what you're spending in instrument training to meet prerequisites for spellsongs) into account, and you're left with a fraction of skill points picked up over the course of that level to play around with. Further, having to voluntarily forego training in an instrument type effectively stifles the point of being a performer by that instrumental one-fifth of the character's spellsong repertoire; the spellsongs, don't forget, that makes the Performer a viable profession in the first place. I'd hate ever suggesting to a Mage to ignore training Spellcasting, or urging a Bureaucrat that they could do without training Persuasion and Law for a while.

At any rate, this revival couldn't be better timed, since I've recently been planning on hashing out a Spell Research skill point refund. (Disclaimer: Don't see this as an opportunity to blow some skill points for the sake of getting some back -- I've already compiled an up-to-date list of who's in possession of what spellsongs). This thread just sort of forced me to tip my hand early. Jerks.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
At any rate, this revival couldn't be better timed, since I've recently been planning on hashing out a Spell Research skill point refund. (Disclaimer: Don't see this as an opportunity to blow some skill points for the sake of getting some back -- I've already compiled an up-to-date list of who's in possession of what spellsongs). This thread just sort of forced me to tip my hand early. Jerks.

So, to learn Mender's Verse in my upcoming promotion I shouldn't bother with training spell research to learn it? Kit hasn't trained spellsongs...he just's waiting to get Mender's Verse. He currently has a great deal of skill points wrapped up in spell research because of that.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I rolled up a performer soon after posting that and I realize now how bad off you guys have it at the moment. Even with focusing in one instrument (and dancing and singing) I'm still a little whomped as far as everything else. To say nothing at all about stat points. Though, really, I splurged on pure mentals with the thought of picking up combat later on down the road.

So, I suppose that I retract my above statement.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
So, to learn Mender's Verse in my upcoming promotion I shouldn't bother with training spell research to learn it? Kit hasn't trained spellsongs...he just's waiting to get Mender's Verse. He currently has a great deal of skill points wrapped up in spell research because of that.

well unless it comes out before you level, i'd train spell research.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Down with spell research!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: