FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
embroidery bug/question?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » embroidery bug/question?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: embroidery bug/question?

I can understand the value of an item dropping on a bad job at embroidering, but I'm not sure why a decent (but not expert) job would kill the value.

Belethe wanted me to test out some patterns, and I did a decent job on the wave pattern. It was done on an eosheai pelt tie. It only sold for $4.

Is this the same issue as when detailing a woodworking replaced the price as opposed to added to it?
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I've noticed that also in regards to embroidery. That if it isn't perfect quality, it makes the item almost worthless.

Makes it pointless for tailors to embroider anything until they can achieve perfect if they are making stuff to sell.

Completely degrades the value of anything you might want to keep (maybe someone *wants* their {insert random tailored item here} embroidered less than perfectly).

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I donno if it's a bug since I didn't make the system, but it makes enough sense to rationalize if it's not a bug. Hael is in a weird spot that is a cross between renaissance and futuristic, so even though there's a decient amount of handmade stuff, there is still also mass produced things. When you can get a perfectly embroidered machine made item in the store for cheap, handmade just doesn't seem as great unless it's by a very skilled craftsman.
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe it's a bug because even embroidering perfectly doesn't up the value too much. I find I make about double my thread price back. I think it's one of those systems that gives rp rather than monetary returns. Also, embroidering might give better profits once we're able to sell our items in player-run shops. I've got the same hope for detailing. ;]
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject:

RP value's cool, too. Smile

I just didn't know if it worked the same as detailing when it comes to enhancing prices.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » embroidery bug/question?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: