Defend
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Defend
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Just a note, there are a few things coming out soon that require a Bureaucrat.

HR-Faith wrote:
Good, then you will be pleasantly surprised soon. Cool

I sure hope so. I have one reallocation left and it really just looks more tempting every day.

I really love the concept of the class and have no desire to play anything else in Live, but sometimes it's almost depressing trying to be one in this version of the game.

(Sorry for intruding in your space, O Guardian ones.)
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject:

Just to clarify, do you find yourself more disappointed because you don't feel your class has sufficient benefits to make money/items/xp/etc or because it doesn't have systems that help you immerse into a RP role?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
D'zun

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject:

Chevonne,

I never meant to sound as if I was attacking anyone. I was simply doing as you and others had done....stating my opinion of what I see for the guardian profession. I guess I don't share the vision of what others see for the guardian profession so my view is different then yours. I was not trying to sound as if I was suggesting you were unhappy or attacking the profession and as you notice I did not suggest any names or quote anyone. I stated my opinion, my views, and my desire for my own beliefs. Each person has a different vision and I apologize if you feel yours was in some way under scrutiny by my words. I only wished to promote my philosophy and praise the good work that the GM's had done for our profession to this point.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Just to clarify, do you find yourself more disappointed because you don't feel your class has sufficient benefits to make money/items/xp/etc or because it doesn't have systems that help you immerse into a RP role?

I'll post some thoughts on the Bureaucrat side, but I don't have all my thoughts on it ready tonight.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject:

All right, thanks.

Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
But I see our roles as more of a holy order. Our role should be more of a peace bringer. We negotiate for order not enforce it. We fight only when necessary and interfere only when we are left with no other option. As a holy order much like the shaolin monks we must also accept that fate will intervene and that all things in the world have a purpose. I have modeled my persona along these lines. Bringing wisdom and guidance and focusing on spreading peace and understanding before things escalate into battle. As far as defending Haelrahv, our order may be designed around negotiations between the races, keeping the people peaceful rather than playing the "meat shield" as so many have adequately described it. Our role, in my opinion, is a higher order. To stop bloodshed through words and wisdom and not fists and firearms.

That actually sums up my views more eloquently then I was able to state. The guardians were founded at the time of the Divine Battle (check the timeline book) to work behind the scenes to help unify the races and bring an end to the warfare.

I prefer to keep things secret until they're ready, but if it reassures folks to know this, a few of the sigils will be helpful for enforcing peace, though a wise guardian shouldn't need more then words. Wink
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Well, I have been a Guardian for a few months now. I reached Level 10 finally, hoping I would get some sort of skill that made my profession valuable to others in the game. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened.

I read all the discussion from my more senior guild members and our game leaders. I am sorry to say, I must side with the senior guild members.

As a relatively new player, I am highly disappointed in my choice to be a Guardian. My disappointment stems from the fact that the role has no value to any other player, thus it does not promote interaction. It ends up being an isolated profession, though it certainly doesn't prevent one from socializing. This socialization, though, is not initiated by someone needing your help.

I honestly thought, when I started, that a Guardian would be able to Guard others. Great role to perform. I like hunting...could take Medics and new people into the fields, protecting them while everyone has a role to play in the group. Unfortunately, the Guardian has no role to play in the group. Sure, you can kill the best, but that is a pretty selfish and self serving role....it would be much more satisfying to HELP others hunt.

I just thought I'd express my opinion, before I reallocated to a Trooper. I just can see continuing to invest in a profession that cannot help others. I can't wait for being a level 40+ to gain a meditation that is valuable to others. I don't know what sigils are, when they will come, and what they will do. I honestly think if you wish to keep people interested in this profession, you should share some of what they will be and when they are coming. The secret won't do much good if people leabe the profession before it is available.

I really wish I didn't have to leave this profession, but I play the game for my own enjoyment and the Guardian profession just isn't enjoyable to me. Ask other Guardians what they think. I respect the vision that you have for the role, but really isn't the game for those actually playing the role? Shouldn't they have a say in how it is shaped?

Thanks for listening.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I love what Guardians are for now, but then again I'm a big fan of Monk classes.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

I'd just like to say that a lot of things are planned for this profession, but personal matters beyond his control have made it difficult for Hunter to do much development for some time. It's one of those situations where things look better on the horizon, then some other new problem crops up. Hunter's very dedicated to the profession and to the game, and I'm sure that there is not a problem of lack of want or desire at work here.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Defend
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: