Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Money poll #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Money poll #1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which best describes how you feel about the economy?
Overall, I think I make money easier than I should -- not that I'm complaining!
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
I find myself making less money than I think I deserve for the effort I put in for it.
54%
 54%  [ 24 ]
Try as I might, I can't say I make too much or too little!
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject:

hard one here because i feel both, simple forage and or refned products i think you get to much cash for, potions and poisons and even tomes i think you should get more for. especially posions being they are harder to come by but I do agree potions should pay alot better too

TBF

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Moriath

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject:

I honestly do not understand how so man you of can sit and complain that it is so hard for you to make money (insert whine here). You can play the market make money, mine, forage, etc, and have a crat broker for you, or hunt. Last night hunting (and yes i did spend a few hours at it, instead of sitting on my butt at CC watching the paint dry) after I sold items I found, had a crat broker the other items I found, I easily made close to 100K. It is not becuase of my level, or what I was hunting, it was because I put effort into it instead of expecting it to be handed to me, perhaps some of you should do the same as well.
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject:

Sway, hunting last night also included some of the new items that Trevor had added to hunting to increase the profit gained by it. Personally I have been hunting Mrakta lately being some of the close to level evil creatures I can hunt, yet I barely make $500-1000 on a 30 minute trek through the tree, that's including skinning. I get maybe 1 box even with the lucky trait.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject:

Microwave Society.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject:

sidenote: if you play the market to make money well, people will kill you.

"NO! MY SCORCHSTONES HAVE GONE DOWN IN VALUE! DIE OSHO, DIE!"

And so on. Embarassed
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Moriath wrote:
It is not becuase of my level, or what I was hunting, it was because I put effort into it instead of expecting it to be handed to me, perhaps some of you should do the same as well.

I don't know what you mean by "put effort into [hunting]." When I did my tests, I put as much effort as possible into it. And I'm a little offended that you think I just want money handed to me instead of doing work. That's really not what I'm trying to say in all this.

Of course, any test with boxes has a caveat, because how much money you make from a box can vary wildly, so Kuchos could pay out extremely well, or extremely poorly, just depending on what kind of boxes you find.... so that's probably why I made $30k in an hour at Kuchos, when you made about $100k in whatever you were fighting. I think if I had spent more time there (I might run this test again later, now that I can open the Kucho boxes), I might have found some better stuff in my boxes... but who knows.

And I just got a llichnai slab, which sells ridiculously well... and those weren't out in my Kucho test, so that'll probably skew the numbers again.

Oh, and.... it was because of your level and what you were hunting. It'd be extremely diffificult (even if you put effort into it) to get that much from vacori in that much time.
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "put effort into [hunting]." When I did my tests, I put as much effort as possible into it. And I'm a little offended that you think I just want money handed to me instead of doing work. That's really not what I'm trying to say in all this.

I think (although I won't claim to speak for her) she meant the generalized group best categorized under Microwave Society; the ones who want maximum return output, in a hurry, with as little input required as possible. I think we can all agree that combat just got significantly more lucrative, especially with those yummy llichnai slabs. (Edit: I just realized you mentioned the slabs too. Aren't those things are great!?)

General:
I'm impartial on alchemy, since I don't make any potions myself, and haven't formed an opinion of my own on the value... but I'm pretty resolute in my belief that if 90% of my time is spent preening and posturing at Cloud Court and the other 10% trying to make money, I should only expect 10%-worth of that time to pay off. I make a killing notating spellsongs, but if I'm only nominally applying myself to it because I'm too busy making horny bald transgenders out of the populace, it makes sense that I don't get rich.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Kelasa wrote:
I get maybe 1 box even with the lucky trait.

Actually, the process of finding boxes is a greater biproduct of appropriate stats than anything involving critter level or combat payout. That's more an issue of what you prioritize in the training of your character.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm too busy making horny bald transgenders out of the populace, it makes sense that I don't get rich.

*sighs happily*
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:

And I just got a llichnai slab, which sells ridiculously well... and those weren't out in my Kucho test, so that'll probably skew the numbers again.

Just as a side note, these can't be brokered and I haven't yet determined if they affect the market at all yet or not. I'm not sure if this is intended or not since eorit slabs are brokerable and do affect the market with sold... I'd love to see some Lli stones released!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Just as a side note, these can't be brokered and I haven't yet determined if they affect the market at all yet or not. I'm not sure if this is intended or not since eorit slabs are brokerable and do affect the market with sold... I'd love to see some Lli stones released!

Despite being a metal, the slabs are not a commodity.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'd love to see some Lli stones released

I'm confused, you can forage them.
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject:

Not Llichnai Stone, but Lli stones.
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Kelasa wrote:
I get maybe 1 box even with the lucky trait.

Actually, the process of finding boxes is a greater biproduct of appropriate stats than anything involving critter level or combat payout. That's more an issue of what you prioritize in the training of your character.

I guess perception has more of an effect then I thought, I keep wondering how these people are finding so few boxes while I'm practically tripping all over them when I bother hunting. And I only have a moderate amount of points in it.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I would "play the market" to make more money, but how can you play the market when everthing is at 10 per unit? If you buy it from the seller they mark it up, which won't raise the price no matter how much you buy since 10 is the ceiling. This makes it impossible to "buy low, sell high" and leaves the only other option for doing this spending hours foraging to get several bundles of refinable plants and things. I did play the market when people regularly crashed various items on the ticker for one reason or another (and no, I wasn't one of them). That was almost a year ago, but I know that I made quite a bit doing that.

None the less, it's impossible to do that now with everyone pushing the "sell through a broker! Keep the prices high!" bit. Let's not forget that people hunted down the ones they caught crashing the market too.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Money poll #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: