FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
I'm Only Human
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » I'm Only Human
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balihai

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: I'm Only Human

...cause if every other game, Humans were just *there.* They generally didn't have anything special about them or their history.

In this game, this isn't so. There is an interesting and rich history of which we can tap into, as these are Humans descended from Earth Humans.

I just find it so interesting, that I want to play one.

~Laura
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject:

<grin> yep. I like Humans in Hael kinda to how humans were in Lord of the Rings. They were a unique race, not just the staple of society. But they'd be even more unique in Hael, they're actually a foreign race for once. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Even with all that, I stand by my vow that I will never RP as something I can be every day of my life. I.E. A male human.

If I'm ever going to play a human it will be a female one. Wink
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject:

I played human in DR a lot because of their versatility in training. I rarely played one in GS, but I did at times.

Back to top »
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject:

I always begin a new game as a human if it's a choice. Why? Simple, it's because it's easy at first till I can get a picture of watching others play the other varied races till I feel comfortable and think i'm ready to try one.

Yes, it may seem like I may not sound like a roleplayer but believe me I am and i'm ok at it I think Smile

Eventually i'll open up and play the other races when this happens.

PK
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject:

Heh, don't take me wrong, I don't hate any of you or anything, but its always been my opinion that humans are stupid. I just can never see the point in RPing a human in a fantasy type game <g>.
shadows_slave

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject:

::grins:: i agree with PepsiKing...playing a human gives a good base in which you can observe other races in action. Because reguardless of what the game creaters say a race culture is supposed to be like, it doesnt always evolve that way within the game. One example is <coughs> DR's elotheans, which were rarely supposed to have hair, but frequently did...
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Because reguardless of what the game creaters say a race culture is supposed to be like, it doesnt always evolve that way within the game. One example is <coughs> DR's elotheans, which were rarely supposed to have hair, but frequently did...

-- That is so incredibly true. We know a lot of the things we're leaning one way or another will end up completely different, because the players are the ones you really craft the world. We just throw together a framework to start from, but from there it's your world and you'll do as you damn well please. Wink

Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject:

Dragoonseal wrote:
Heh, don't take me wrong, I don't hate any of you or anything, but its always been my opinion that humans are stupid. I just can never see the point in RPing a human in a fantasy type game <g>.

Wee! Someone else with my view! Very Happy
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject:

I'm bored and at work, so I'm gonna throw my two cent in...

I have to agree with Gage and Dragoon on this one...I've never had the desire to play a human in any fantasy game, why play something that you can be in RL? Granted Hael's humans are more interesting than the average game human, but I still think its more fun to jump right into a different race from the beginning.

Morrigan Blackfury, Darju and proud of it
 Back to top »
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I was new to the whole online roleplay world when I started out in DR and wasn't sure of a name, what to expect or what to be so I figured, I'd be me to a degree - It wasn't like I planned to play past the 30 days free trial.

Big mistake in many ways.

Now I always want to be something I'm not, if I'm human I want to be elf. If I'm elf then I want to be Rakash, if I'm Rakash I want to be Prydaen etc etc - If there was a shapeshifter race then I would be happy, specially if it came with all the trimmings.

RL, I kinda like being human.. sometimes I look at dogs and think I'd like to be one, then they usually lick something they shouldn't Shocked or eat something disgusting Mr. Green and I'm back to happy human mode once again.

Birds can fly, but you gotta eat worms...

Cats sleep way to much

Spiders get splat between leather and wood
(Reminds me to download 'Boris the Spider' by The Who <g>

~phoenix~
(Who totally forgot what topic she was posting in)
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cats sleep way to much

What do you mean by too much? I didn't think such a thing was possible Razz
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject:

You not like cats wide awake poking to sit on your lap, then scratch and claw it til you cry in agony? Then claw at the door because they wanna go out, then change they're mind because its cold and want to come back in?

Then come back in to crap somewhere you can't find BUT you sure can smell it, EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Heh, some people!

Oh, now if we can get back to the topic, thank you <g> (always wanted to say that)

If not take these comments and post them in the animal complaints sub folder #4 cats - always wanted to say that too...

And after the lotto results "I've won! I've won" (Yep, always wanted to say that too)

~Phoenix~
(whats the topic again?)
 Back to top »
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I follow the same line of thinking that I play a human in real life everyday, so I want to be something else in a role-play environment. I tend to go for the unusual to push my role-play abilities. In DR I liked to play an Elothean (no hair thank you very much) War Mage or a dwarf thief just to go against the norm. However, when I didn't want to think too much, my main DR character was a Prydaen thief.

Myst
 Back to top »
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject:

My main DR character (Kaldaran Thief) has an extreme bias against Prydaens, heh.

I usually go with either human or dwarf in MUD-type games that I haven't played before. The former because there isn't any race only marginally larger, just giant-like. The latter because the character Durinthal is a dwarven fighter.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » I'm Only Human
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: