FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Sparky!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Sparky!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Sparky be restored from his last image?
Yes! We love the little matchstick
76%
 76%  [ 23 ]
No! I'm to lazy to pick up my pet, I want to be irresponsible and let them run free
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 30

HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject:

A shiny black rat comes streaking in! He hisses menacingly.

Quote:
>l black rat
You see a shiny black male rat with needle-sharp fangs.
He has two white front paws.
He is 6 inches long and has mischievous platinum eyes.
He appears to be very young.
He is over fed.
He is tame.

He is wearing a diminutive black leather collar with platinum spikes and the name "Spike" branded on it.

A fluffy albino rat darts in and chitters at the black rat. The black rat whimpers and hides his face under his paws.

Quote:
>l albino rat
You see a fluffy albino female rat with a pink nose.
She has a soft pink belly.
She is 6 inches long and has innocent crystalline pink eyes.
She appears to be very young.
She is over fed.
She is tame.

She is wearing a tiny white velvet collar with a crystal pink tag which reads "Fluffy".

The albino rat swats the black rat hard, then turns and glares at you. Turning her hindquarters toward you, she scuffles in the dirt a moment, then moves away, letting you see her handiwork. Marks in the dirt turn out to read,

Bring Sparky Back Or We Will Destroy You All!!

This message brought to you from Spike and Fluffy courtesy of Faith.

PS: Hey, I can't help what my pets do.... Twisted Evil

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: geckoes are wonderful.

Dante wrote:
jade wrote:
For as long as i have been in haelrahv (nearly a year now), i have known Sparky -- gecko of Destiny. though he were afflicted by a biochemical malady that caused him to spew gouts of flame, he did not let it get him down. simple and unassuming, his reptilian charm pervaded the streets of llanfair with happiness. strolling in from his meanderings, he would keep me company, basking in the sun's light atop the short wall in cloud court. never one to cause harm, he would not attack unless provoked, in which case the offencive party would be summarily immolated, and rightly so. i remember with fondness his myriad puffings-of-smoke and gallivantings-about. forsooth, there were times when, in a burst of sheer excitement, sparky would *gently take into his mouth* a stray pet, there to keep it safe until at which time its NEGLIGENT and IRRESPONSIBLE owner displayed sufficient remorse, whereupon the pet was released to the humbled caretaker and all was well again. yet ne'er did he spread ill-will and discontent. O, my sparky! why have you been taken from me?!

That's absolutely beautiful.... Crying or Very sad

*sobs*

I want Sparky back too!
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject:

Tygerwulf wrote:
Then he can lick my crotch all day. Anyway, people should just keep their pets in their vault for months at a time like I do. They're nice and safe in there.

Hahah. So wrong. We should either bring Sparky back, or set the Tentacled Maw on pets. Especially pets that get left in vault rooms, so they magically appear when I go in there.
 Back to top »
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Hm could always try Faiths tactic and menace!

Mmhm, yeap. I like to write.

Tugging the heartstrings of the world, one jerk at a time.

jade

You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject:

Just to let everyone know, I find it heartwarming to see so many people have enjoyed having Sparky around. Those that are voting against his return, I'd like to hear some comments from your side of the fence. What didn't you like about him? I likely won't be bringing Sparky back without some significant changes (a more IC species for one) and a vast amount of input from staff and players. He may even teach animal handling in the future, who knows? Wink In any case, we'll have to see, I've yet to bring up any such discussions with any of the other staff thus far.

On a side note, it seems that alot of folks are concerned with those that leave their pets laying in the streets "starving". To my knowledge, pets that are kept in this condition in "Live" do have the ability to die although that would have to be addressed by the appropriate GM at such time as that issue decided on. I would not be adverse to a system where Sparky (or some other NPC) would go around town, collecting starving pets and placing them in a pound of sorts. If the owner claims their pet within a certain time, they have their pet returned to them properly groomed and fed for a fee. If left in the pound for an excessive period of time (several days) maybe that pet can be offered up for adoption at a lower cost than the pet store sells them for.

These are just my musings and NOTHING of this sort has been added or proposed anywhere. But I would find any comments/suggestions/ideas/thoughts you as players might have reguarding a potential system like this in live.

To clarify the Sparky issue, IF he does come back it will be after discussion with my fellow staff members and with consideration to the players' feelings on the issue.

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
SteveH999

Location: There is currently 1 player in the world of Haelrahv.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject:

When the poll opened I'd only been around for a week, but I really liked Sparky. He added atmosphere to Llanfair, even if it was silly and fun, which was a good thing. I don't think he's any more out of place than an Underwear Gnome or a Flying Nun (Damn that woman!)

Quote:
I would not be adverse to a system where Sparky (or some other NPC) would go around town, collecting starving pets and placing them in a pound of sorts. If the owner claims their pet within a certain time, they have their pet returned to them properly groomed and fed for a fee.

I think that's a really neat idea.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:

This would be cool. I doubt my pets will starve in live, if I have any that is, because I will have a house to keep them in and keep them fed. And maybe the could possibly grow if you take care of them.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject:

I don't think I'll ever get a pet. Unless we can eventually get a pogovobu like Draxx had or something else fairly exotic and weird like that. Smile
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I havea pogovobu plush... every night I wish on a star that he'll become a real boy!
Teh 1 And Only Del

Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Naw. I was playing. He never bothered me none. I don't really care one way or another.

But an IC reason to have him around? Heh... you're on your own.
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject:

I can not log in ALL the time just to make sure my pet isnt starving and yes I admit its not the first thing I look at when I do log in he is very often starving but usually on my shoulder because I think keeping him in a carrier is just wrong. Now if we had leashes for them that would be very nice, so that when we pass through an area that they cant follow on thier own it tells us that we need to pick the pet up. I also would like it if they didnt get hungry while we are not logged in, and if there was foragable food soon. As far as Sparky I personally want to kick Rikiar in the ass for allowing this to happen, it was bad enough when we lost Cyril's akuna when we lost Cyril, I want my damn sparky back!

THE BLUE FAIRY

You want to do something about pets running around unattended implement a leash law with fines and such. Course we would need our law system then. <G>

Ohhh and when you do implement that I want Nimm to be able to steal small items for me

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject:

So far as I'm aware, and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.... If you're not logged in, your pet follows you into offline storage where his hunger doesn't degrade.

That being said, I currently have stolen Cyril's akuna and am training him as I write this. I'm Cyril would have wanted me to take care of him in his absence anyway. Sparky might be restored from his image, but I'm going to tweak his DNA a bit so he's a more Haelrahvian species. Still not sure if he'll be loosed on the streets like he was previously, nor if he'll continue snatching loose pets. I have a few other projects on my plate right now and unfortunately this one is kinda low priority at the moment.

Eventually I think your pet will be able to follow you just about anywhere. If not, it makes for a good investment to purchase a pet whistle. The messaging displaying that you need to pick up your pet might be doable, but not sure... if possible, it might have to be done in the new instance of Haelrahv.

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject:

When I actually fed my pets (lack of free food led me to stop caring..) it seemed like they did get hungry while logged out. It was strange. Like if I logged in and fed them right away, they'd stay full. But if I logged in and waited a couple minutes, they'd go down to starving.
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject:

what i want to know is when i buy 5 lots of crunch and feed shaggy 2 lots leavig 3 in my belt and i go off to sleep.on my awakening shaggy is hungry and no crunch in my belt?

oh and the leash idea is a good one . also if shaggy wanders off wich she does often could there be maybe a pet warden than says your gamo has wandered off and i can go and retreive it .?
 Back to top »
SteveH999

Location: There is currently 1 player in the world of Haelrahv.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject:

As long as you're changing Sparky, wanna do the flying nun as well? I think she makes even less sense than he does.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Sparky!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: